The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-10-2020

Greetings, gang.

Clear and cold this morning but warming this afternoon. 7 right now headed for 31. Yesterday's snowstorm was a bust. Only got a dusting and most of that melted by mid afternoon.

I was thinking about going to Walmart this morning but the motivation for that adventure left without me. Headed for the gym mid morning. Rest of the day is unplanned.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-10-2020

I was going to ask the video store today if they had a special on Oscar losers.
I don't watch as I usually have never seen any of the movies.
I was ballasting this afternoon. The station at St. Mary Axe now has the worst hodgepodge of ballast ever.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-11-2020

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 23 headed for sunny and 31. Looks like some snow meltage will occur today. Tomorrow will be a different story. Some light snow/rain. Then temperatures start to drop to a low by Thursday morning of -10. Brr!

Decent workout at the gym yesterday but nothing else accomplished. Today I need to make a Walmart run. Starting to run out of necessities. May do some laundry this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-11-2020

Hello Blue
Sun today and tomorrow Hi in the low 30s. Most of the snow is gone just in time for fresh snow on Thursday morning.
Got taxes done yesterday, I shave our withholdings close so not much refund, I just like to get it over with and off of my to-do list.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-11-2020

Morning.  Slept until 9 AM.  WOW!!  Raining and 65 degrees.  Yes, rains every other day.  

Was busy yesterday.  W/S replaced in 97 Silverado.  Original W/S.  Safelite guy had a time getting it out.  Factory sealed it real good.  Lucky.  No rust around the W/S on the body.  Guy actually cleaned very good and then primed.  Sealer and dropped W/S in place.  Told insurance agent I had paid for that W/S many times since full coverage since 97.  He laughed. 

After that had lots of errands to run.  Later went to Lowes for some lumber for a project under the big shelter.  Shelves for Wifey's yard ornaments stored for the winter.  Get then out of my big trailer.  Needs to stop raining.      

Not much on agenda until garden club tonight. 

Enjoy the day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-12-2020

Good morning everyone, bright, but a bit cooler today, low to high 60's all week. We did get rain Monday night and yesterday morning, around 3/4" here, over an inch in other areas. Snow up north, a couple of inches in Prescott. We should be able to see some snow on the caps of the hills to our north today, was too overcast yesterday.

Remember, we're starting a new build challenge, one that we can all participate in. It is right here so think about what you want to do.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-12-2020

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 28 at the moment. High for today is supposed to be slightly above freezing. Then later this afternoon the temperature will drop dramatically and snow will start flying, boosted by 30 mph winds. The low tomorrow morning is supposed to be about -11. Chili is on the menu for supper this evening.

Quiet day yesterday. Went to the gym and Walmart. Got the laundry caught up and washed the car. This morning I'll be headed back to Walmart to get some vitamin C. Also need to sent a thank you note to my great-grandkids who have given me a lovely cold. I'll skip the gym today. No point in spreading the cold more than I have to.

All stay safe (and healthy).

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-12-2020

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 30 degrees. New snow expected tonight. Old snow is gone. Yep February in Michigan.
No big train news. But be careful tomorrow it is Friday the 13th.
S.J.

SJ, better check your calendar, today is Wednesday, tomorrow is...... Now, next month is a different story....

Yup, can see snow on the hills to the north of us, not sure what they're called, could be the Bradshaws, can't say for sure. There's probably snow on Four Peaks to the east of us, didn't look that way today yet....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-12-2020

56 and cloudy.  Had early out meeting in southern part of the county.  Back to meet Wifey and PNC Bank lady friend for seafood.  PNC paid.  

Hope all OK.

Goofing off as Wifey at work now. 

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-12-2020

Don my calendar is right. It's just that Friday the 13th is on Thursday this month.. Icon_e_smile .

(02-12-2020, 01:12 PM)sir james Wrote: Don my calendar is right. It's just that Friday the 13th is on Thursday this month.. Icon_e_smile .

Yeah, I can understand that, this being a leap year and all, February can get kind of confusing.... Icon_lol

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-12-2020

Do you remember Pogo? The turkle was always worried that "Friday the 13th come on a Thursday this month."
When it came on a Friday, he accepted that as the way it should be.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-13-2020

Good morning all, temps forecast in the high 60's for today and going into the 70's starting tomorrow. Rain suppose to come by tomorrow is now postponed due to Spring Training. We don't want anyone to get wet, or any games being canceled, since they play everyday until the end of March.

Got a call from my, "grandson", yesterday, seems like he had an accident, broke his nose and was in jail somewhere, something about a friend had alcohol. Anyway, all he was asking for was to borrow $15,000, half for bail, half for his lawyer. It was between us, I was not to tell his father or anyone. He gave me his lawyer's number (in Des Moines, Iowa), to make arrangements and continued to plea until I said, "oh, by the way, what's your father's name again?" For some reason, he couldn't remember, and just hung up.... Icon_lol Got another "Grandpa" call some time ago from my "granddaughter", she was supposedly arrested for drug possession back east when I knew they were both in school at the time here in Arizona. I play along with these folks and some of those, "Microsoft techs" when I feel like having some fun, like the one the other day that asked how I was doing. I gave him a rundown on my health and said, "thanks for asking", then hung up. Usually, they're dumb enough to stay on the line.... 35 That's what us old folk do for some cheap entertainment.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 02-13-2020

(02-13-2020, 06:19 AM)ezdays Wrote: Good morning all, temps forecast in the high 60's for today and going into the 70's starting tomorrow. Rain suppose to come by tomorrow is now postponed due to Spring Training. We don't want anyone to get wet, or any games being canceled, since they play everyday until the end of March.

Got a call from my, "grandson", yesterday, seems like he had an accident, broke his nose and was in jail somewhere, something about a friend had alcohol. Anyway, all he was asking for was to borrow $15,000, half for bail, half for his lawyer. It was between us, I was not to tell his father or anyone. He gave me his lawyer's number (in Des Moines, Iowa),  to make arrangements and continued to plea until I said, "oh, by the way, what's your father's name again?" For some reason, he couldn't remember, and just hung up.... Icon_lol  Got another "Grandpa" call some time ago from my "granddaughter", she was supposedly arrested for drug possession back east when I knew they were both in school at the time here in Arizona. I play along with these folks and some of those, "Microsoft techs" when I feel like having some fun, like the one the other day that asked how I was doing. I gave him a rundown on my health and said, "thanks for asking", then hung up. Usually, they're dumb enough to stay on the line.... 35 That's what us old folk do for some cheap entertainment.

Good morning. 
I once kept a "microsoft tech" on the hook for almost an hour.  Then I mentioned I was using a Mac (I Lied) He called me some really nasty names before he cut the connection. I haven't got a call since. I play the game when I have time.
Charlie