The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-16-2020

Days
There's at least one more line:
Or when sounded as "A" as in neighbour or weigh.

I though there was more, but Wiki doesn't have it.

Then there're exceptions.
(02-16-2020, 06:16 AM)ezdays Wrote: Hmmm, just noticed something, we've been taught that it's, "i before e except after c", but then there's, "their", making the foregoing statement totally incorrect. It's taken all these years to realize that.... Icon_e_surprised 

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-17-2020

Good morning all, another brand new week, it's been pleasant here, we're still in the mid to high 70's all week. Rain is now forecast only for this weekend by some, kind of spotty for others. I guess forecasting the weather is kind of like shooting Trap, targets fly all over and you can't be sure where one is going.

(02-16-2020, 08:38 PM)BR60103 Wrote: Days
There's at least one more line:
Or when sounded as "A" as in neighbour or weigh.

I though there was more, but Wiki doesn't have it.

Then there're exceptions.

They say that there are exceptions to every rule, not sure how true that is, but it is for this one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-17-2020

Greetings, gang.

Rain and 33 headed for rain and 39. Could get as much as a half inch of rain. With the ground still frozen I'll probably be putting down some ice melt later.

Quiet weekend. Only accomplishment was putting a new blade in my table saw. Old one was at least 15 years old and no, I don't use it very much. Depending on the weather and roads I may not go to the gym today. Rain could make travel a little nasty.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-17-2020

Quote:They say that there are exceptions to every rule, not sure how true that is, but it is for this one.

Tell the LE folks that when you break a law. 

Morning.  57 and sunny.  Going into the high 60's.  Painted the plywood window section on storage section of garage.  all sealed up now.

OH, Tom  did that in shirt sleeves.

County Commissioners at 2.  Will be appointed as Co-Chair of tax evaluation appeal committee.  Get paid for that one.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-18-2020

Good morning all, still looking for that first 80 degree of the year, it could come this week. They said that the average date is Feb 3, not that we're anxious to see those scorching days again, but we're just quoting statistics here.

One more busy week, still trying to squeeze in a bit more time to work on my layout rather than a few minutes here and a few more there. The quality of things suffer when you do them that way.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-18-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 22 at the moment with sunny and 25 predicted for later today. In the deep freeze for tomorrow and Thursday then a warmup for the weekend.

Quiet day yesterday. The only accomplishment was putting together a new shower caddy. Not much on the agenda for today either. Mail resumes today. Suffered for two whole days without the exercise of hauling junk mail from the mail box to the trash can.

Frank - I've been busy putting together an nice package of rain and cold to ship to you.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-18-2020

Morning.  49 and partly cloudy.  May get some rain by evening.  Yes Tom, but not as intense as some.  Thursday night we may have some mix.  Some models say yes and some just rain.  Down east at farms, more as the low is a coastal thingy.

Got some "kid" coming by soon to do presentation.  ???  Being nice to let him do his thing.

Human Services CAC meeting I am attending as in Rolesville this month.

Appointed to the property tax review board.  Have to be sworn in as under state statutes.  Get PAID!!!!

Hope all have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-18-2020

(02-18-2020, 08:47 AM)Chief Eagles Wrote: Appointed to the property tax review board.  Have to be sworn in as under state statutes.  Get PAID!!!!

Is this salary or commission?   Wink

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-19-2020

Good morning everyone, middle of the week, (aka:hump day). Big day here today, President Trump arriving. Big line of cars starting yesterday with people waiting for the gates to open this morning. Temps are ideal for any visitor, I saw an 80 for tomorrow's forecast, then rain for as early as Friday with the best chance on Saturday, just in time for the first Spring Training games.

Got a chance to go target shooting on Monday, no rain in the forecast then, let's hope it stays that way. The road going from the highway to where we go shooting is just a trail full of ruts and sometimes unpassable after a heavy rain. I do miss having a truck at times like that.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-19-2020

Greetings, gang.

Snow and 9 outside my window with snow and 13 predicted for the remainder of the day. Should only get about an inch or snow so not a big deal.

Had a good workout yesterday - swam for a half mile and then walked for two miles. In the afternoon I worked on an engine that wouldn't run. Figured out the eccentric rods were out of position. Got that figured out and now it will run in forward but not reverse. Not the ideal operation for a switcher.

This morning I'm headed for Walmart followed by (maybe) a trip to the gym. Sometimes Walmart can just suck the motivation right out of me.

David - excellent question.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-19-2020

BUSY rainy morning. 48 degrees. Excitement. Guessers on biggie TV station are saying snow is coming to visit tomorrow afternoon and night.   Thanks Tom.  Ground so warm my get accumulation due to rapid falling snow. Gone by Friday AM. Maybe some slick bridges due to temp drop. Then warms back up.

Rolesville Garden Club and Human Services text and emails. Gracious.

Wifey getting things ready for Church group to come for dinner and etc. Tonight at 6.

I have Human Services CAC meeting at 3:30 in Zebulon NC [15 miles away]. Should be back by 5:00 to 5:15 to listen to the nervous Wifey. undefined

Health care systems. RX company says I over paid copay from 2017. Sent me a check. Took that long to figure it out. undefined

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-20-2020

Good morning all, should have hit around 79 yesterday, for some reason, it's hard to find out what the temps were the day before. Anyway, I do see some 80's for today, then comes Saturday, I see 90 and 100% chance of rain, that's sticking their necks out when they do that.

Frank, when I went on SSI, they held back a certain amount based on my salary. It wasn't what they thought, and about four years later, they sent me a check for the difference. Lots of folks, including governments and insurance companies, aren't interested in giving back money to quickly. Owe them some and they're on you like a rash.....

Trump gave his speech here yesterday, cars lined up and hundreds of people standing in line 24 hours before the gates and doors opened. The media gave lots of air time to the anti-Trump spectators, but they did follow his plane as it landed and as was greeted by the governor and others.

Might be able to squeeze in some layout time today, got a few woodworking projects to do as well, so it'll be a busy day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-20-2020

Greetings, gang.

Clear and quite cold this morning at -4. Warming to the upper teens by this afternoon. Mid 40s by the weekend.

One more in a string of quiet days yesterday. Walmart, gym, and snow shoveling. Today two of those three items will not be on the agenda fr today. I do need to stop at a grocery store to pick up some items not carried by Walmart. late afternoon will find me headed for my Thursday evening group.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-20-2020

Back from early Dr.'s appointment.  She had emergency and was an hour late seeing me.  Not unusual for her.  Got hole in right hip and two stitches.  A quarterly thing.  

Tom to drop in around 5 they guess.  44 and cloudy now.  Snow suppose to be gone by 11:30 [guessing again].  Accumulation?????  Depends on how hard it falls.  Ground and highways too warm.  29 by daylight so wet spots could be slick.  Me, staying in.  Got meeting on food security and feeding kids this summer at 1 tomorrow.

DAZ, yes feds and etc. will charge you interest and etc. if not paid right then.  Forget interest in paying you back. 

Enjoy the day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-20-2020

Tom dropped in at 3:00.  Streets, concrete and steps covered with slush.

[Image: enhance]

Bought one of these just in case.  Eek 

Will be gone by morning.