The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-29-2020

Busy day.  Fun day.  Wind chill got horrible by noon.  Grands came.  Col and I did fun things.  One was to play fetch with Finn and his tennis ball.  Girls went in the greenhouse with Nana.  They had fun.  At noon, went to Louisburg [FIL's].  Picked up deck box and a glass top metal patio table and chairs [suppose to be antique].  Brought home a John Deere Zippo lighter collector's item.  

Fed the deer and now inside.  Will stay that way.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-29-2020

Hello Blue
Welcome March, it means that no matter what happens this month, winter is now behind us.
Still recovering from Strep Throat, better but not well.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-01-2020

Good  morning folks, a new week and a new month. Hard to believe we're into March already. Met my friends yesterday, had a late breakfast, then a few hours of poker and dinner. We play for the same stakes we did back in the 70's. The $6.75 that I won is burning a hole in my pocket... Icon_lol Icon_lol  Going to meet again for breakfast before they start heading back home. Resting is on my schedule after that.

Shirtsleeve weather yesterday, same for today, low 70's before the storm comes in tomorrow. Sub-zero (59) temps for us....

Have a great day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-01-2020

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 32 outside my window this morning. The high for today is supposed to be a cloudy 52. Not complaining.

Quiet day yesterday. I did get in my first bike ride of the season albeit a short one. Forgot a couple of small items at the grocery store yesterday morning so I took the pollution solution vehicle back to get them. There will probably be another ride today. This is the earliest I can remember being able to ride my bike.

Not much on the agenda for today other than the aforementioned bike ride. Too much snow in the yard to do any work but it should be gone by midweek. With the exception of tomorrow temperatures for the week are predicted to be 50 or above. Late afternoon will find me on the porch with a Corona (not the virus) and a book.

Jim - I've had this for years and mostly it's just a nuisance. Friday's event took me by surprise as I've never had two in a row like that. Also found out that my oldest granddaughter gets them and yeah, there's nothing to be done about it.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-01-2020

Hen party arriving.  Out the door.  60 and sunny.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-01-2020

(03-01-2020, 11:12 AM)Chief Eagles Wrote: Hen party arriving.  Out the door.  60 and sunny.

Frank, you have a PM waiting for you....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 03-01-2020

well the weathers improving but they call for lower temps and rain . but who knows  . been at the fly boxes again but need to get back to the models' .

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-02-2020

Good morning all, yipes, yet another Monday is upon us. Got a real busy day planned for today, suppose to rain too. Yeah Jim, there's a storm heading up from the peninsula and going across the state from the SW. You should see it before us, and I'll tell you, it isn't here yet.

Was a good weekend, spent Saturday with some old friends and had breakfast with them on Sunday before they started back home.

Have a great week everyone, and remember, we are running a "one square foot" challenge, so far we've got three entries, I remember times when we had fifteen or more participants.....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-02-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 31 headed for sunny and 44. Highs of 50 and above are being promised by the National Weather Service for the remainder of the week.

Got a longer bike ride in yesterday and got the car washed by hand. Still need to run it through a car wash to get the salt off the underside. Noting major planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-02-2020

Morning.  50 and sunny.  Guess what?  Yes.  Rain this evening.  Then tomorrow and Wed.   Icon_rolleyes 

Read to elementary school kids today.  Then go to FIL's and get 5 V tin and some lumber.  Haul to farm soon.

Don, got it.  Special remembrance for you and Wife.

Suddenly drop out of the race just before Super Tuesday. ?  Someone has made a deal.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 03-02-2020

don if this storm holds together  your going to have a regular frog strangler  from what I've seen here..

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-02-2020

(03-02-2020, 05:19 PM)jim currie Wrote: don if this storm holds together  your going to have a regular frog strangler  from what I've seen here..

Looking for it. So Far all I've seen was a sprinkle when we were in Sun City West this morning. Got the van all pockmarked with dirt but not enough to keep the ground wet. Some measurable rain on the east side and the far west side around Tonapah and north.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-03-2020

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 34 outside my window this morning. Supposed to be sunny and 50 later but with winds up to 30 mph it won't be all that nice.

Yesterday I had a good workout at the gym. In the afternoon I got the laundry caught up and finished the padding for the logging train tote. The two new logging cars are scheduled for delivery on Thursday. With highs predicted to be in the 60s over the weekend it looks like trains will be run and possibly a fire in the pit. Train running will be determined by how many deer have been walking on the track over the winter and how much track needs to be repaired.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-03-2020

Hello Blue
Some sun and 40s today in lower Mich.
Heading out soon for a haircut. 
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-03-2020

Good morning all, nope, just a sprinkle for about five minutes and not a drop since. We're back into the 80's for a few days, then another storm or two starting this weekend and all through next week. Maybe a sprinkle or two, maybe some real rain. Waiting 

Super busy yesterday, somewhat busy today. Haven't touched the layout in a week.