The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-07-2020

Good morning all, one more day in the 80's, tomorrow they say should be in the low 70's. Rain in the forecast for the next two weeks, but I've never seen it rain everyday for two weeks and I've been here a very long time.

Jim, did not feel anything here even though sometimes we do.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, us, we'll do our best, I might take on the task of cleaning up the garage though, got sawdust and chips about ankle deep... Icon_e_surprised well, not quite, but it still needs attention after that last project.... Icon_e_smile

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-07-2020

Hello Blue
Sun and 39 for today.  50s for Sun. & Mon.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-07-2020

Morning all.  Started out in the high 30's.  Warming to the 50's with strong winds.  Tom is warmer than us.  Tomorrow and next week, really warm.  NO rain.

TomPM, don't let that dishwasher throw you on the floor and stomp on you.  Eek  Our dish washer is Wifey and self.  Wifey does not like them.

Got to go to FIL's and go through more "stuff".  Icon_rolleyes

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-07-2020

Good morning folks

It is 35 this morning. High of 44 expected with sunshine.

The dishwasher is finally fixed or so they say. We will see when I run it later today.

Last night my son decided to come downstairs while I was sorting some things. He decided to help the clean up the last portion of the layout. After that he figured he try and reconnect and replace some damaged track. We did some track cleaning. Before we knew it we had his IHC GG-1 running around the layout. We tested a Proto B&O E-8 with DCC and sound and it worked! After that we ran one of the Bachmann GG-1's that I just purchased. Took us awhile to figure out how to operate the sounds. It was fun and unexpected. I hope later today I will get to test a few more locomotives.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 03-07-2020

hi all , last nights quake was in Mexico , a 5.5 located about 100 miles from us no damage around here and the location in Mexico is remote so haven't herd about damage there.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-07-2020

We're doing less than usual. SWMBO is a bit spooked by the virus so we've abandoned public gatherings which is mainly coffee shop mornings but includes the train show tomorrow. Bur I may end up with homemade muffins.
We've had snow drift in during the week but nothing seems to stay on the ground. One day people were driving around with big piles on the hoods of their cars.

While we're home, we dust off shelves full of knick-knacks.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-08-2020

Good morning everyone, welcome to the first day of DST for this year. it seems to come earlier and earlier each year, but I think they made that change some time ago. It used to come I think around May or June, but what do I know, we here in Arizona exempted ourselves a very long time ago. Now we're three hours behind the east coast and on California time until it changes back. We're being invaded by Californians, now they're bring their time zone with them... Icon_rolleyes 

Went to Walmart yesterday, wanted to pick up some bottled water....They were out. Saw pictures of people shopping at Costco, one guy had three of those humongous packages of toilet paper. Our cleaning lady said that she couldn't find bleach or rubber gloves in stores that she needs to do her job. Walmart was out of some brands of paper towels and almost out of others. A neighbor on the next block over has a huge stack of cases of bottled water in his garage. I'm wondering if they all heard about some Zombie Apocalypse about to happen, or are they just afraid that there will be a shortage of everything because of this virus that's going around. Eek

Going to be cold here today, low 70's, gotta find my long johns and wool jacket. A slight chance of rain as well...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-08-2020

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 45 headed for sunny, breezy, and 66. Tomorrow is rain and 39.

Worked outside yesterday, cleaning up more leaves and trash from the winter. Also found out the tunnel is now a trapezoid rather than a rectangle. I had pulled some dirt away from one side while trying to solve a problem with a leak in the lawn shed. The dirt on the other side shifted over the winter and now I have the Leaning Tunnel of Iowa. More work when the wether warms up.

Today I'll be spending ore time outside, cleaning up leaves and trash accumulated over the winter. If it warms up enough before the wind picks up I may even get in a bike ride.

David - know what you mean about avoiding crowds. There's a play in the next town over to the est of me that I want to go see next week. Still debating on whether to go. No coronavirus yet in Iowa but I know at least a couple of ladies over there who have traveled out of state recently.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-08-2020

Morning.  54 and up from 29.  Warming fast.  70's this week.  Skipping Church as we are being lazy.  Not because we didn't get up in time.  Set clocks last night and went to bed appropriately.  

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-08-2020

Good morning folks

Temperature is 47 heading up to 56. It is sunny for a second day in a row.

Didn't do much yesterday. We had to go to Kohl's to pick up an online order she made.

Not sure what is happening today. My son is on his way to training session in State College and my daughter, the volleyball coach, has practice with her club team.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 03-08-2020

No, Don. The Californians liked your time so much, they decided to take it home with them.

The Fire Department used to tell us to change our smoke detector batteries when we changed to and from DST. But that was back when we got about 6 months of each,
I still think that if the government wants us to be at work at 7 in the morning, they should say that instead of lying about what time it is.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 03-09-2020

Good morning folks

It is 40 at the moment. High is supposed to be 67.

Had a semi-productive evening of modeling. I finished a repair to a boxcar. Started re-weathering the Sharknose A unit. I also began weathering some wheels and truck for a couple of ACF covered hoppers.

I have to run to the grocery store later and get toilet paper because we are running out. I wonder what I will find with all the panic buying that has been going on. I am glad I stocked up on sanitary kitchen wipes last month. The store had them on sale so I got a couple of extras.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-09-2020

Good morning all, can't pin the weather down other than there is a 0 to 40% chance of rain today and everyone gives a high chance for the next few days, others show rain through into mid next week as well. Me, I'm predicting a 50.14298% chance of rain here every day though the end of the year.... How can that be wrong?????

Tompm, you may not have much choice when you get to the store. Can't believe how people are stocking up on everyday necessities. I'm surprised that Home Depot isn't out of plywood and nails used to board up your house in case the zombies show up...

Might have some time to work on my "one foot" challenge today. We're still looking for more that the three participants we have right now. We might just decide to do "rock-paper-scissors" to pick first, second and third places... Come on folks, if you're going to work on your layout, why not do it as part of the challenge?

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-09-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 36 outside my window this morning. Supposed to rain later and warm up to 41. Yesterday's high was 68. Doors and windows were opened for most of the afternoon.

Did a little more work in the yard yesterday then went for a 3 mile walk. Nothing planned for today other than a trip to the gym and some laundry. Also trying to figure out why the bluetooth quit working suddenly. Worked fine before supper. Came back after supper and it had quit working. Fortunatley I still had an old mouse for a backup.

Iowa reported it's first 3 cases of the coronavirus yesterday. All from the eastern part of the state.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-09-2020

Morning.  Groomer came early.  Doing all three dogs.  64 and sunny.  Going to hit the 70's this week.

Not much on agend this AM.  Then phone.  Now filling up this afternoon.  I'm retired.

Hope all OK.

Have a great week.