The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-11-2018

Thanks to Mikey, got new link. Been a hot one and dry one. Chat later. Bed time.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 05-12-2018

I spend most of the day in the hospital yesterday doing the necessary meetings with the involved doctors and administrative functions. The treatment was very friendly and relaxed. Got a coffee at each station until they measured my blood pressure :-( It's to high anyway but I was nervous and the coffee made a new all time high. The anesthetist was not happy at all. She told me a long story about the risk of a stroke. I ask here if I should prefer some kind of cancer? We agreed I will pass away some time anyhow.
They wanted me to check in at 7am for surgery at 9:30am next Tuesday. I offered them to check in at 10am and surgery after (their) lunch. The junior doctor (a nice blond one :-) ) had to ask the deputy chief surgeon and I got my special deal to check in at a nice time!

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-12-2018

Greetings, gang.

Another gloomy day under way in the remote wastelands of northern Iowa. Right now it's 46 headed for a high in the upper 50s with chances of rain now through Wed. night.

Yesterday was a quiet day. A trip to the gym, laundry, and some finishing work on the new floor. (Yes, I'm a slow worker.) This morning will start off with a trip to Menards and Walmart. Not sure what this afternoon will bring but will probably include more work on the new floor. I did discover yesterday that the new floor is very slippery in stocking feet. I'll need to take extra care when going down the basement steps which are somewhat steep with narrow treads.

Reinhard - prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy and complete recovery.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-12-2018

Morning all. Already 84 degrees. Slept late. Nothing on the agenda for a change. Tom, wish we had a Menards. Reinhard, prayers. My "stuff" has come back out on my legs. Had to have biopsy to determine. Dr. says pretty sure what it is. Blood tests say in control. Confusing to them. May increase chemo tablets. They will let me know next week. Strange.
Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-12-2018

OK I'll see if this is it. I'm having trouble finding the new post thingy.
Rain and thunder through the night and still at it. High of 55 today.
S.J.
OK it appears New Reply is it. Guess I'm back in fellers.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-13-2018

Morning all. 95 degrees already. BoJangles biscuits and gift certificate from her favorite nursery. She is happy. Mid afternoon lunch with kids and grands.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-13-2018

Greetings, gang.

It's a cloudy, foggy, misty Mother's Day in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning with rain imminent. Right now it's 50 with a predicted high of 67 but I have my doubts about that.

Fairly quiet day yesterday. Found what I needed at Menards and Walmart. Also did some more caulking around the new flooring. Last night the power went out just before 7. Decided to go for a walk and looked out the window. Rain? Oh, well. grabbed an umbrella and walked for almost an hour.

This morning I watched a fairly mundane F1 race. May work on the floor some more. Nothing else planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-13-2018

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to those that are.
Rain and more rain about 3 inches since Friday evening and more is forecast.
No train news.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-14-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, windy and rainy in the remote wastelands of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 57 headed for a high of 72. Much like yesterday's forecast I have my doubts. We were supposed to get to the upper 60s and never made it past 60.

Accomplished absolutely nothing yesterday. I hope to get more done today. First up will be a trip to the gym. This afternoon if it dries out I hope to get the yard mowed. Maybe do some work on the floor also.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-14-2018

Good morning all. Temps here have been between the low 90's and up to a record of 106 the past few days.

As for me, I'm slowly healing but have a ways to go before I'm back to normal, whatever "normal" is.... I still have a few more visits to different doctors, but they should be able to take out the last temporary things this week that they still haven't taken out... I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Things got a bit scary for a while, but I'm just glad the medical crew was there when I needed them and the support from all of you helped for sure.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-14-2018

Morning. 75 degrees and humid. Send us some of that water. Been watering late yesterday and early this AM. Guessers say big % starting tomorrow.
Prayers Don. Hope recovery goes fast.
New forum format looks great.
Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-14-2018

Hello Blue
A nice 73 degrees but More Rain coming tonight. We don't need more.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 05-15-2018

I am in the hospital now. Got a nice room and a body shave. Surgery will be at lunch time and I should wake up at 4pm again. Looking forward to get dinner. I am hungry :-)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-15-2018

Greetings, gang.

Reinhard - prayers for a speedy, complete, and easy recovery.

VERY foggy out this morning. Visibility is only about 2 blocks. 57 right now headed for a high in the upper 70s after the fog burns off. Looks to be a nice weather week.

Got the yard mowed yesterday for the first time this year. Ran the trimmer and leaf blower to clean it all up. Discovered that some small furry woodland creature liked one of the plants I have on the patio. The top has been chewed off. Disappointed but what else can I do.

Today's list of activities will include weed killer on the yard, a bike ride, and replace batteries in some of the solar lights around the Backyard & Southern.

Saw in the paper this morning Margot Kidder passed away. Always enjoyed her.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-15-2018

Morning. 77 and partly cloudy. Rains suppose to come next few days. Cooler too. Off to get plants for garden. They should survive. Been watering and watering.

Prayers for Reinhard.

Yes, sad about Margot Kidder.

Have a good one