The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 04-12-2020

Winds are still going around here.after 2 days.  Supposed to quiet down tomorrow night.  
35 now going to 71 later.

2285_ 2285_ HAPPY    EASTER    EVERYONE!!   2285_ 2285_

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-12-2020

Happy Easter, gang.

45 and just had a light shower move through. Possibly more on the way with high winds and falling temperatures. Not a very pleasant day.

Moderately productive yesterday. Got the laundry caught up and was in the midst of mixing up a rhubarb cake when I discovered the only vanilla was some 20 year old stuff we had picked up in Mexico. Hopped on the pollution solution machine and headed to the grocery store. As I was checking out I heard my name called. Turns out it was the wife of one of my long time fiends. We stood in the parking lot and chatted for about 15 minutes. It was good to catch up. Came home and finished making the cake. After lunch I rode the bike some more. Later on I took a three mile walk.

Not sure what my plans are for today. With the weather forecast not conducive to outdoor activities I guess I'll find something (or nothing) to do.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-12-2020

Good morning and a very Happy Easter to you all. A strange one though, no church services, no Easter egg hunts and even the Easter Bunny has to stay home. We all should, and it's not an infringement on our religious freedoms as some claim, it's just common sense. Not to worry, things will change back soon and we'll be able to go where we want, when we want, so hang in there.

No rain yet, got another storm coming, was suppose to be all week, now just tomorrow and maybe Tuesday. Even then, not a good chance of rain. Well, it did rain in downtown Phoenix yesterday, just not here. I remember years ago, it was so dry for so long that we hopped into the car and drove up to where they said it was raining, but it was gone by the time we got there. Icon_cry 

Ya all have a great day, I wonder if Walmart is open today, we are fresh out of Easter candy.... Eek

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-12-2020

(04-12-2020, 06:55 AM)ezdays Wrote: Ya all have a great day, I wonder if Walmart is open today, we are fresh out of Easter candy.... Eek

Too late! They've already got the Halloween candy out!

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-12-2020

He has risen.
Hello Blue
Cloudy and 60 today.
Our Easter dinner will be a turkey. Good thing we had it as the freezer is starting to look naked.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-12-2020

Happy Easter.  He is risen.  

Cooked chickens on grill [charcoal].  Wifey was going to do but stayed on the phone all morning watching. 

Watched local Church off and on starting at 11 [re-watch as recorded].  Then got to watch Fellowship Church, Dallas.  That is a BIG Church. 

Sent Easter bags to Grands by Daughter.  They were going anyway.  Not us.  Went last Saturday.  DIL [police person] does not go by the rules.  Had extra folks last Saturday.  

80 degrees with some clouds.  Took flag down as storms for tonight and early tomorrow.  May have strong winds. 

Stay safe and well.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 04-12-2020

Good afternoon and Happy Easter folks

It is a nice partly cloudy 65. Tomorrow they are saying we have a nasty storm coming with high winds, hail, thunder, and lightening.

I test ran my new Atlas Lehigh & Hudson River C420 locos. They run real smooth. I will try to post some photos soon. I also weathered some more wheels and trucks for several PS-2 covered hoppers. We will see if I can squeeze some modeling in later.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-13-2020

Good morning all, hope everyone had a nice Easter. We started to get cabin fever so we drove around for about an hour. Was really surprised at the number of new houses built or being built around town. There is an area to the north that had probably over a square mile of nothing but streets and sidewalks that were laid out just before the 2008 bust. There is a nice park there that we used to go to  and there usually wasn't anyone else around. There is a memorial there since this is the site of a WWII airfield. Well, now the streets are filled with houses and people and I had a hard time even finding the park. I'm just wondering where all these people are coming from since there's other new areas being built and they're filling up as well.

So much for that, suppose to get rain today, but none yet. Temps still a bit lower than normal, high 70's to mid-80's through next week. The media is starting the "guess the date and time we reach 103" contests, so 100+ isn't that far away....

Have a great day and be careful out there. Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-13-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cold and clear this morning. 21 headed for 37. Still windy with winds over 30 mph. No warm weather until late in the week.

Big project on the schedule for today is to water the house plants. That will fill up 15 minutes of my day. The rest of the agenda is still being negotiated.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-13-2020

Storms passed through and I slept through them.  Ignored the weather alerts and slept.  Sun is out per Wifey.  No wind damage here and not a lot of rain.  Other places west, got it worse.

Just finished a food security conference call.  So so.

Need to shower and shave [haven't shaved in three days].

Going out later and find a hidden trailer park in this part of the county [got a call about it Friday].  Report back to team.

Enjoy and stay well.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 04-13-2020

Good afternoon folks

It is 61 and raining. We are under a High Wind Warning and Tornado Watch. Lights keep flickering. Hopefully power will stay on.

No modeling yesterday. Not sure what will happen today.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-14-2020

Good morning good people, another day in isolation. Might try to hit Walmart this morning though. Don't need much, if anything so it's just a thought, why go anywhere if you don't have to? I think I just talked myself out of going there.

Just looked at a few weather reports, I'm thinking, "scattered forecasts" are ahead. We could hit 80 today, we could come close to 90 this week, we could have a tiny chance of rain for a few days, just that none of these forecasts match on any given day. Some really bad weather hitting parts of the country, especially in the south. We hope things ease up for these folks.

Arizona has a map now of the number of cases of the virus by zip code. Hardest hit is the Navajo Nation. In our zip code there are 21 cases, or 0.27/1,000 residents. Don't know how that stacks up with national averages, but for the first time we know the numbers here. Went to the Ortho doctor yesterday, really strange atmosphere. They take your temperature before you get in the door, lots of seats with people spread away from each other, many folks, especially the staff, wearing masks. I just felt uneasy there although I had a choice to have a visit by phone, I told them it would be difficult to get an x-ray and a shot that way. Icon_rolleyes

Have a great day, and be careful.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-14-2020

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cold this morning. 21 at the moment with a predicted (guessed at?) high in the upper 30s.

Had a physically and emotionally draining day yesterday. Not only did I have to water all the house plants I had to run AND unload the dishwasher. By the time evening rolled around I had to have a second piece of rhubarb cake to aid in my recovery.

Certainly nothing so strenuous on my schedule for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-14-2020

72, breezy and sunny.  Tom, keep your chilly temps.  Farmers planting.  Going to do chores here.  Wifey gone north to FIL's.  Cooked breakfast and washed dishes.  Slept until 9:15.  Doggies didn't wiggle up close and wake me as Wifey got up early.  Needed the rest.

Hope all are well.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-14-2020

Sun and 40.
Walmart shopping this morning. First time out in about 10/12 days. Found enough for another 10/12 days. 
We even found store brand TP, not our usual choice but it's the first we've seen since the hoarding began.
S.J.