The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-24-2020

Rained over night.  71 and going to 80.  Partly sunny.  Out to feed folks around the county.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-24-2020

Some sun with a Hi of 50 today.
Our Dicktater will be on at 11 with her orders for May. 
S.J.

OK she is allowing box stores to sell. nurseries to open. lawn service to finally begin, motor boats can once again hit the water. Must wear mask while in any store. No mention of opening small business's. Some never will.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 04-24-2020

Good afternoon folks

It is 47 and cloudy. It stopped raining for now.

I have to run to Petsmart and pick up some more of the dog's prescription diet. I ordered from Chewy but their delivery is delayed due to the current situation. They hope to deliver next week. I need to get some to hold us over.

I sealed a couple of covered hoppers last night. I have two ACF covered hoppers to finish. I picked out the next set of cars to weather. I have six bulk wood flat cars to do.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 04-24-2020

hi all . had to go into Yuma this morning to get supplies  , not a lot of traffic  filled car at 2.00 a gal at foothill's chevron (real particular what gas I put in car ) .

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-25-2020

Greetings, gang.

Skies are clearing at the moment but rain is predicted for late afternoon/early evening. 44 right now headed for the mid 60s this afternoon.

Had some good news yesterday. The place with the best ribs in town will be opening up in the next couple of weeks. The really good part about that is that it's only a block from my house. I was out walking yesterday and saw the owner outside. I've known him for a long time and stopped to chat. He does mostly catering but also has a walk/drive up window so I will be taking advantage of that as soon as he's open.

In other news the governor has announced that she will allow elective surgery and farmers markets to resume starting Monday. She also said that more announcements will be made on Monday. Also in the other news category my phone/internet provider has declare bankruptcy. Accoridng to this morning's paper "the filing will not affect any of its customers, employees, or service offerings." We all know how that will work. Worse service and higher prices. Even more interesting is that the city is looking into establishing a municipal internet service. The next year or two could be quite interesting, internet-wise.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-25-2020

Morning.  Cloudy and warm.  Gardening today.  Maybe a shower later at 30%.

Enjoy your new freedoms. Icon_rolleyes 

Stay well.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-26-2020

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 44 headed for sunny and 70 later this afternoon. Only good chance for rain is Tuesday.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. Got the laundry caught up in the morning then got 2 coats of varnish on the park bench in the afternoon. Also went for a 2 mile walk and a 6 mile bike ride. Had a brief chat with a former coworker while I was out walking. For supper I fixed a nice ham and all the trimmings.
Today I'll not be quite so energetic. I'll put a couple more coats of varnish on the park bench and maybe make some muffins.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-26-2020

Good Sunday morning to ya all. We hit 99 yesterday, suppose to get past 100 today. Now they're talking 105, 106 for later this week. I wonder, there's contest to guess the first 103 day, if it jumps from 102 one day to 105 the next, does anybody win the prize? Icon_rolleyes Actually turned the A/C on in the house yesterday, just got really stuffy even with the fans going. Don't keep track of things like this, but it's still too early in the year for A/C.

I see where the lakes are open, they're just cutting off people at 11:00 so it doesn't get too crowded. Seems like just about any outdoor activity is considered, "essential", therefore, OK to do. Unlike in a few other states, I've not heard of one person in Arizona getting cited for being out, how can they if all you need to say is, "I'm going hiking, boating, shopping, 4-wheeling", or in my case, "target shooting". Misngth  Our lockdown order ends in a few days anyway, let's just see what our governor does. I'm hoping he opens restaurants, I'm tired of cooking or bringing home take-out that's cold or mushy by the time it's ready to eat. What's our risk here? Well, we've got just over 6,000 cases out of some 7,000,000 residents (not counting visitors). NYC has tens of thousands of cases with the same number of residents. What's the difference, density.

Have a great day, and yeah, good idea Tom, you all stay safe..... Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-26-2020

Hello Blue
Cloudy and 50's for the day.
Nothing new from our dicktater. You can have an abortion but if you need a hip or have a tumor growing inside of you, still out of luck. State Reps are meeting to try and lessen her power/control but of course she said she would veto it.
Nothing new on the toy train front.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-26-2020

Morning.  Western omelet cooked just right.  Had rain early before daylight.  Garden plants happy.  21 tomato plants and 11 peppers planted yesterday.  Tomato plants have blooms.

Church on TV at 11.

Stay well and safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 04-26-2020

Good afternoon

It is a raw and dreary 47 with rain and more coming.

Since yesterday was nice and sunny spent the day painting my wife's new plotting bench and new raised planter.

I finished the last of the covered hoppers. I am not happy with how they turned out. I may revisit them some day and see if I can make them better.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-27-2020

Greetings, gang.

53 and sunny headed for 79 and sunny. Looks to be a really nice day today. Forecasters are still talking rain for tomorrow. Definitely wouldn't hurt.

Got the last two coats of varnish on the park bench. I'll put it back together on Wed. Also did 3 more loads of laundry. Tried a muffin recipe yesterday and it had only slightly more flavor than cardboard. Also made a small macaroni salad. Started out the back door to ride the bike and decided the heck with it. Came back in and watched a movie. Only item on the agenda for today is to see about getting my yard power raked.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-27-2020

Good morning everyone, well, we did hit 101 yesterday, more in store through the rest of the week. Some guessers say up to 105, others say 99-100. My guess is that it's going to be hot regardless of what the thermometer says.

Speaking of lawns, I've tried to get the lawn guy to come by, but calls just go to voice mail, and I don't see any other ones around that I can ask, remember, we're in a "stay at home" mode, only "essential" businesses are open. Well, apparently, our HOA feels that weed spying is an essential business, because we got a notice, and and $50 fine for being a "repeat offender". Going to fight this one, I tried to deal with those weeds myself, can't do it, can't get a lawn guy to come by because of the lockdown, maybe the HOA will send someone by to help us.

Not much else going on right now, going to do what I feel is right, "social distancing", wearing masks, stay at home if you're not essential, not too many folks abiding by this philosophy, many others are starting to get upset because their livelihoods are cut short, can't work, can't support your families, and you really shouldn't have to worry about the weed police issuing fines.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-27-2020

Morning.  63 degrees and sunny.  Warming fast.  Had unguessed storm come through after dark last night.  Got baskets over all the plants in the gardens.  Now they are out of the way.  Did some simple maintenance on truck.  That kept me busy yesterday afternoon.

Got call in Food Security meeting at 10:00.

General chores I want to get done as long as Wifey doesn't get me involved in her gardening things.  Wish she could go back to work.  

All stay safe and well.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-28-2020

Good morning all, had to turn the A/C on this past weekend, so now instead of the furnace coming on about now, the A/C does. Just too warm inside the house. Went to the small Walmart yesterday, it was freezing in there, or maybe I'm just not use to the A/C yet.

Tried to call the HOA yesterday, big long speech about the virus and what they're doing, then, "leave a message and we'll get back to you". Nobody is answering their phones right now, not even the yard people, so how am I suppose to comply with getting rid of the weeds? I was going to invite the HOA folks over for a weed party, but maybe they'd get the wrong idea... Icon_rolleyes 

We had an upgrade in some supporting software, but it didn't change our CAPTCHA (copy the letters) problem, it still doesn't work, so if anyone knows of someone that wants to register here, but gave up, have them try again since we've disabled the CAPTCHA for now. There is still a security question they need to answer, but that's to discourage bots and it's easy for someone that knows anything about trains.