The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-28-2020

Greetings, gang.

A light rain shower is in progress outside my window this morning. A little thunder and lighning thrown in at no extra charge. The skies are supposed to clear and the temperature is supposed to climb from its current 62 to around 70.

I did get the arrangements made for getting the yard power raked but it left kind of a bad taste in my mouth. The guy said he would stop by yesterday afternoon so I stayed home waiting for him. I never saw him but he finally called around 6 with the quote. Annoyed me that I waited all afternoon and never heard from him until late. Nothiig on the agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-28-2020

Morning. 66 and sunny. Warming into the 70's. 80's tomorrow. Rain during the darkness and maybe early dawn Thursday.

Visit to Lowes and Tractor Supply yesterday was a zoo.   

Off to the farms to see if we can "bear proof" three feeders. Fill with a couple of bags of corn. See how food plots are doing.

Gardens at house doing great. Wifey's fish in the metal pond doing good. Mow grass today.

Need to run by lab and draw some blood. Dr's appointment next week.

Hope all are well here.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-29-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, windy, and 45 headed for sunny, very windy and 65. Winds could hit 45 mph today.

Got in a nice long walk (over an hour) but I wasn't going to ride the bike due to high winds (30+ mph) but the wind died down after supper so I did get in a short ride then.

Today's the big day. Going to put the park bench back together. Other plans include another nice long walk but no bike ride today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-29-2020

Good morning folks, temps still in the low 100's, seems like everyone but the TV guessers have taken the 105's out of the forecasts, still over 100, but not as bad. Once we hit 110, it doesn't matter, I still remember 122, didn't seem much different than 115 to us except that the parking lots were kind of squishy under your feet. Icon_rolleyes We're still going to give it a try at going target shooting tomorrow. Now, if we were in a colder climate, one might wear gloves if shooting outdoors in the winter. I've got shooting gloves to wear in the summer. Guns get exceptionally hot laying in the sun and get hotter as you shoot them and you can get a nice burn if you're not careful, just as you can by touching the trim on your car that's been out in the sun for a few hours.

Finally got a hold of our lawn guy, I'm still going to fight the fine imposed by our HOA. Lawn care and weed policing are not essential businesses according to our governor. I don't know what the HOA will have to say about that, but it's been suggested that I let the attorney general's office know what the HOA is doing. To be sure, their offices are closed and are working from home, just OK to send out inspectors though. Waiting

Have a great day..... Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-29-2020

Hello Blue
Showers this morning with a Hi of 62 forecast.
Yesterday was a beautiful spring day in lower Michigan. Although we are still under stay home orders people are tired of it and are venturing out. I don't blame them, this virus is not going away till they have a shot to prevent it. Lot's of lawnmowers running yesterday.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-29-2020

Home from down east.  Was windy and got worse.  Line of storms coming through early AM.  Rest and relax watching TV.

Tomorrow.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-30-2020

Greetings, gang.

Gonna be a beautiful day today. 43 right now under clear skies with a predicted high of 72 and only a light breeze.

Assembled the park bench yesterday and set it back in place. Looks good. Also got the yard power raked. Half an hour from the time they arrived until they drove away. (I have a small yard.) Went for a 2 mile walk yesterday.

Not sure what I'm going to do today but I did get the batteries charged up for the drone. It may see some flight time today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-30-2020

Good morning all, going to be a bit warm again today, "excessive heat warning" is still in affect. No need to warn us, we know it'll be very hot until around October. How hot today? Most forecasts show 100-101, TV ladies still insist on a record 105, so it's anyone's guess.

Our governor is loosening up restrictions just a bit, small businesses opening next week, maybe restaurants around May 12, "stay at home" until the 15th. Conditions with each new restriction lift. He showed a long list of things that have been untouched, manufacturing and construction are among them, yet I see at least 50 houses being built nearby that no one is working on. Self-imposed quarantine I suppose.

We're headed out to do some target shooting today. I'm assuming that it's OK since many other outdoor recreational activities are allowed. We'll see how many others are out where we go, I just hope those, "weekend shooters" stay home, they are a danger to everyone when they show up.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 04-30-2020

Good morning folks

It is 68 with heavy rain coming.

Got the wife's potting bench in place in the garage.

Have to go and do the big grocery shopping today since it is pension day.

Worked on weathering the wood bulk flat cars. Will continue doing so today. Next up will be some reefers.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-30-2020

Morning.  Rained hard and still light rain.  Sump pump running as big down pour in a short period of time.

Goofing off today.  Feed folks in trailer parks tomorrow.

County order expires tonight at midnight.  State order in place.  Small businesses can open with limits.  Salons and etc., still closed.

Enjoy the day and stay safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-01-2020

Happy May Day, gang.

Cloudy and 55. South winds up to 30 mph will raise the temperature to the upper 70s. Yesterday's high of 72 did not feel warm due to the very low (for here) humidity of 17%.

I rode the bike for 8 miles yesterday and flew the drone for about a half hour. That's the best I can do with the two batteries. They take several hours to recharge. This morning I need to make a trip to Menards for some landscape caulk and I may stop at Walmart for a few items. Lots of places re-opening today but I don't plan to go to any of them. Too many people have been cooped up for too long The stores will probably be busy.

Some sad news in this morning's paper. A local burger stand is eliminating cruise night. On the first Friday of June, July, and August people would bring in their street rods, classic cars, etc. Made for a fun evening. Walking around visiting with friends and looking at some beautiful cars. It's been going on for over 40 years. I'm going to miss it.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-01-2020

Good morning everyone, well, those guessers (those TV ladies) that said it would hit 105 yesterday had to back off, it hit 100, but that was hot enough that we had to cut our shooting session short. Guns and ammo were getting too hot to handle. Went out with Pat (Duffy) since he had the day off. Still, like running trains, you can't have a bad day doing what you like. For the next week or so they have us right around 100 +/-. Yard guy didn't show up yesterday, says he'll be here early this morning. HOA says I need to send them a letter to tell them why I shouldn't be fined for weeds. Going to do just that, been told I should contact the Attorney General's office since weed policing is not an essential business and they should be staying at home, just like the rest of the HOA people are doing. I will guarantee you they AG's office won't even comment back, just a waste of my time.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 05-01-2020

Good morning folks

It is 57 with rain supposed to be happening. It is sunny right now. The rain seems to be breaking up over Lancaster County and not getting here. We expected Noah type rain yesterday with Flood Watches and Wind Advisories. It rained but nothing heavy. It was spotty and light most of the time. The wind was bad in some areas with trees down. During our excursion to the grocery store, Petsmart, and Home Depot we did encounter a fairly large are with out power.

I finished three of the bulk head flat cars and have two more to finish. I took out some tankers to do next. I still plan to do some reefers.

I hope every body has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-01-2020

Morning.  Partly cloudy and 58.  Cool today.  Warmer tomorrow and warmer Sunday.  

Off to deliver 200 weekend meals.

Enjoy the day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-02-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 56 outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 70s and it looks like there might be some light showers headed my way.

Went to Menards yesterday and drove through the Walmart parking lot and just kept on going. Business and restaurants were allowed to open yesterday with restrictions and if the crowd at Walmart is any indication a lot of people feel the worst is over. The place was mobbed. I'm going to try again this morning only earlier.

I was going to repair the trapezoid train tunnel yesterday but decided to simply remove it. I have to repair it each year and it's not worth the effort I took it down. I'll have to wait to finish that area as I still don't know if I got the wet floor problem in the shed solved yet. Today is laundry day and the aforementioned trip to Walmart.

Good news in this morning's paper. A local car dealer has picked up the reins for the monthly car show. I just saw the headline as I brought the paper in. Haven't read the full story yet.

All stay safe.

Tom