The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 05-08-2020

hi all . been quite for a few days last week had a bad cramp in right leg started swelling and hurting so went to Tucson VA yesterday and found a had a blood clot in leg , they put me on  a blood thinner for 42 days  then I need to go back up and have a ultra sound again to see of its gone. sitting is hard as it causes pan in leg so won't be back again for a few days.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-09-2020

Greetings, gang.  

Sunny and ridiculously cold this morning at 28 degrees.  High for today is supposed to be in the mid 60s and rain is scheduled for this evening.  This will be the warmest day until next Friday with most days predicted to be in the 50s.  Maybe the forecast is fake news. Icon_e_biggrin

Worked out at the the gym yesterday and then walked for 4 miles.  Too cold and windy to ride the bike.  Today I'll walk, ride the bike, and get the laundry caught up.

Jim - hope you feel better soon.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 05-09-2020

Wind chlls in May!!

Winter - Go home - you're drunk!!!

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-09-2020

Good morning all, overslept today, making a habit of it on Saturday, but by Monday, we should be back on our old schedule since we should be able to eat breakfast out again and no longer have to get in line at the drive-thru... Still will need to practice "social distancing". Brenda's Kitchen is small to start with, don't know how she or other businesses are going to comply, but we'll see, they're allowed full capacity, just need to stay 6' apart, yeah, just doesn't make sense, but neither does a lot of this..... Waiting

Not sure, but I think we did hit 105 or 106 the other day, a new record and at least 10 degrees above normal. Temps coming down into the low to mid-90's next week, even a slight chance of rain for tomorrow, Mothers Day. Forecast for Thursday is around 90, going to go target shooting then if I have to go alone....

Ya all have a great weekend. Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-09-2020

Afternoon. Lumber finally gone except two boards [21"x 1/12" x 18']. Guy making table was impressed. Pine sawed from farm in the late 1920's. Really dried as was tobacco barn ["killing out" heat was 220 F]

They were late getting here as they got "involved" [witnessed] in a mess where I 40 and I 440 split. Guy running over 100mph in stolen car chased by deputy. Guy clips big trailer behind truck. Trailer flips pickup. Guy wrecks and bails. Frankie jumps out and chases. Lea [DIL RPD]called for dog and backup. Lea checks out guy in wrecked pickup. Then starts taking witness statements. Dog catches guy 2 miles away. He is now in WakeMed under guard. Wake deputy finds gun in vehicle.

Now go run and errand and then go to SisterIL's for ribs.

WOW. 68 and breezy. Sun helps.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 05-09-2020

Good afternoon folks

(05-09-2020, 07:05 AM)ngauger Wrote: Wind chlls in May!!

Winter - Go home - you're drunk!!!

Yes, please!

It is 44 right now. High might be 47.

Had to run up to small meat market/grocery store to get some meat. Place in a strip mall. The mall was crazy crowded. Almost everyone wearing masks but not practicing social distancing. I am hoping we got everything because I do not want to go out in the pre-Mothers' Day frenzy.

My efforts to build a bunch of reefers hit another snag. Five of them are older kits and the coupler pocket does not reach the end of the car body therefore Kadee # 5's won't work as they sit under the body. Had to go with #26 long shanks. Of course I need 10 and I only have six. Had to order more. I will finish everything on them except installing the couplers on two of them. The other kits the pocket comes to the edge of the body and the #5's will work.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-09-2020

Hope you Yanks are proud of yourselves. Cold air you are sending. We will recover fast tomorrow.

HOME!!!!! Had excellent ribs and mac and cheese [which I usually don't care for]. SisterIL does it great from scratch. No caned or boxed stuff. Deviled eggs [ate 4]. Nephew and Niece's to be all shooting pistols and AR. They can't shoot in Wilmington.

Truck load of scrap lumber and fiber sound board dumped on burn pile.

Birds fed [squirrels too I know] and new raisin suet block in holder. They have eaten it up in one week. Woodpeckers, brown threshes and mocking birds.

Truck back in its parking space and plugged in. Shelter looks so much better. More lumber to now move to back. Then big plywood storage box [given to me by DIL] will be put in a nook on half concrete blocks. Put items in it and clear out more things to remove clutter.

Now rest and drink a lot of Diet Canada Dry Ginger Ale.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 05-09-2020

Went out today in snowstorm. We lve in Canada: last snow of the winter June 30; first snow of winter July 1.
Garden shop opened yesterday. Dayle didn't find the plants she wanted, but we bought 4 face masks. Hardware store opened today. We wore our new masks. I found a light bulb socket to replace the one that went wonky last Monday.
Working on a car kit -- observation car for the Coronation. Floor and trucks done. Body is clear plastic and needs 2 shades of blue. I have Garter Blue but the other is Marlborough Blue which is a forgrt-me-not colour.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-10-2020

Happy Mother's Day, gang.

39 and clear at the moment but clouds and a few sprinkles have been scheduled for around supper time.

Had a fairly productive day yesterday. Went for a 3 mile walk and picked u a loaf of bread on the way home. After lunch I mowed the yard and ran the string trimmer til it ran out of string. Then I got the edger out and ran it around the sidewalks. Looks nice. I was going to ride the bike but the wind picked up to about 30 mph so I gave up that idea.

Nothing on the agenda for today other than food and maybe a walk.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-10-2020

Good morning all, and Happy Mothers Day to anyone who is a mother. You never know on the Internet sometimes, who is who or what, so you have to cover all the bases.... Icon_e_biggrin

Some chance of rain today, mostly in the foothills. We're in the valley, but we still show a chance, just never heard them refer to "the foothills" like that TV guy did yesterday. Temps in the 90's, normal for this time of the year.

Not sure what folks are going to do for their moms today, restaurants don't open until tomorrow, and even then, some are taking a "wait and see" approach. The rule says that they can operate at full capacity, but must observe social distancing. How that works is beyond me unless some tables will be out in the parking lots. Don't know, but are we suppose to wear masks while eating???? Kind stupid to think that, but when we have politicians making the rules, anything goes. 35

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 05-10-2020

Happy Mother's Day!!

Woke up to the heater churning out nice hot water...  It's too darn cold!!!!!     Blaster

34 this morning going to 60 this afternoon.  
Spring in the northeast - If you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes!!  Icon_e_surprised

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-10-2020

Happy Mothers Day to all of them. 
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-10-2020

Happy Mothers' Day to all the Moms on the forum.  Didn't get as cold as guessed.  68 and sunny.  Busy afternoon.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-11-2020

Good morning all, tough morning, we forgot to renew our certificate and so we are stopped with a warning. If you get it, you can bypass it, but if you're reading this, you already have, or I've gotten in contact with GoDaddy and restored it. My bad, they warned me that "one of your products is about to expire", their bad that they never said what product.

We did get rain yesterday as forecast. Unfortunately, I blinked and missed it. It did make a mess of the truck since we had some wind  with it as well. Normal during our summer storms.

Today is the day that restaurants are allowed to open. Some will, some won't, others are closing for good. I'm going to call around just to save us from going to one that hasn't opened yet. I saw an brief thing on the news about way back when we had a flu pandemic and lost some million folks before it was over. I guess they did the right thing by shutting down everything non-essential. We'll really never know, but what we do know is that it really disrupted lives, polarized a lot of people and put our economy in the dumps for now. I saw where one restaurant opened early for Mothers Day, and they couldn't contain the crowd. I'm hoping that stores will remove their entry/exit funnels, and that Walmart will remove those one-way signs on the floor. Why they think that works is beyond me, the aisles are still crowded, people passing people and getting close in order to get what they need.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-11-2020

Something crazy about getting into this site this AM. Something blocking it as I usually sign in. Said not secure. ????

65 and sunny. Been on Food Security Task Force conference call.

Hope all are well.