The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-17-2020

Afternoon. 85 and sunny. Breezy now. Watched our Church on laptop.

NC Judge has told Gov to let Churches open. Let them go if they want to. Ours will not open now. [you can bet who will be the first one there. Reopen Fred.  Says he can't believe we had to shut down.  All a hoax. ]

Our food plots of clover looking good and green. Deer and rabbits eating. Could use some rain. So could tobacco and soybeans on the farm. Corn on other farms look good.

Hope all have a great and safe week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 05-17-2020

Good afternoon folks

It is 64 and cloudy. High is supposed to be 66.

Spent most of the day outside. I finally fixed the cover on the pergalla. Also replaced the broken wheels on the wet/dry vac. Spent a good portion of the day just sitting outside and enjoying the nice weather.

No modeling yesterday. We'll see what happens today.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-17-2020

Hello Blue
A gloomy Sunday with drizzle most of the day.
No real news from here we have spent some time with the kids but not with others.
Our dicktator has us locked down till the end of May but most are ignoring her orders now. Sad part is  all the small business' that cant reopen. Some never will.
Still can't get a hair cut, No doctor or dentist visits for normal reasons. Just as bad or even worse, she is on Bidens VP list. 
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-18-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, cool, and breezy are the weather words for today. 50 at the moment headed for 62 with winds around 25 mph. Got over an inch of much needed rain Sat. night/Sunday.

I did nothing yesterday. Figured if I didn't do anything I couldn't break anything. I had tuna sandwiches for supper. If I didn't use the stove I couldn't burn the house down. Only item on the agenda for today is to wait for the plumber.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-18-2020

RAINING!!!! Chances were tonight from a front moving from the west. Seems the tropical thingy got closer to NC than expected. Getting some rain bans. Thank you Lord for the rain. Now guessers say may rain all week. Need Friday to be dry as food delivery day.

Headed east with Wifey in tow. Go looking plants and then stop and dig Grandma's old flowers. Hope to be back right after noon. Pay Cisco for barn repair.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-18-2020

Good morning Big Blue in these uncertain times. Arizona is no longer a "stay at home" state, but who goes to work today and who still has to stay home, or worse yet, get in the unemployment line. Let's hope things change soon, especially in those states and countries that are still locked down.

Should be a nice week, temps even well below normal, no rain, just a good time to do outdoor stuff. Our hiking trails never shut down, neither did our golf courses. It's a pity that I don't do either, don't do much exercising at all. Well, I do go out every morning and pick up the newspaper, sometimes on my hands and knees because it's under the car. Waiting That's a good thing, some folks my age can't even do that. Nope 

Enough prattle for today, have a great one ya all.....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-18-2020

Hello Blue
Rainy day Hi of 65.
We too still get a newspaper, found anywhere from the curb to the middle of the front yard. An old morning habit, coffee, paper and the TV news.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 05-18-2020

I'm working on some old coach kits. They're LNER cars and the body is varnished teak, which mean I have to have wood grain in the panels (and the grain has to run the right direction!) One packet is a twin articulated, but there were no floors in it (possibly second hand?) I've made up some plausible floors based on the other kits.
I found a batch of LMS coaches that I started as far as painting the sides and I spent an hour matching the sides back to the boxes. One of them had been progressed to the point of assembling the bogies (trucks) but I can't find them. All of these must be between 30 and 40 years old.
We had rain and flood warnings for today and tomorrow but there was hardly any rain and the flood warnings were lifted.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-19-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 52 outside my window this morning. The cloudy high for today is supposed to be in the mid 60s. The National Weather Service keeps pushing back the 80s. Originally predicted to start tomorrow. Now maybe by Saturday.

Wasted day yesterday. Got tired of waiting for the plumber to call and called him. Said he didn't get my message because he was "out of range" - whatever that means. Anyway, he's supposed to be here this morning. I did get in a hour long walk after I talked to him. More sitting and waiting today. Hopefully he'll be here early so I can get on with my day.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-19-2020

Good morning all, not sure if it hit 100 yesterday, some were saying that it could, but I missed the part where they tell you what actually happened. Sometimes they skip that part and tell you what the weather is like in Podunk Village, population, 42. Today should be in the 80's, unless those guessers change their minds before they go on the air. Getting a bit tired watching the news anyway. Just seems like it's a Skype (or Zoom) interview with some expert on what we should or should not be doing during these stays at home. They're still doing it even though the stay-at-home order has expired.  Oh, they did squeeze in a few minutes showing the wildfire just to the north of us. Homes being evacuated, DC10's dropping retardant and some 500 firefighters on the line. But then the switch to someone telling us how to eat healthy, how to exercise at home, how to waste your time or advice on how to get along with your loved ones. Hey, our 60th is coming up in a few weeks, maybe we can tell them a thing or two about that.

OK, now that I've got that out of my system, I can enjoy the rest of my coffee... Icon_e_biggrin Have a great day wherever you are and whatever you're doing. 2285_

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-19-2020

RAIN, lot's of rain. Suppose to stop at some point today. East winds have caused lakeshore flooding. 56/67 for today.
Our dicktator has declared the northern half of the state can open for business on Friday. Bars and restaurant's at 50% capacity. Seems to me if she had allowed all to open people that will be running up north might have partied at home instead.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-19-2020

Rainy good morning.  Not much on agenda.  Trip east yielded squash plants [can't find here] and super hot peppers. 

Found these on top of barrel under shelter at farm.  Fred's keys to barn, 4 wheeler and lock chaining 4 Wheeler to the inside of the barn. 
[Image: enhance]

Hope all have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-20-2020

Greetings, gang.

Foggy and 56 headed for cloudy and 66. No sunshine until Saturday.

The plumber finally showed up about 4 yesterday. First item after he left was to run the dishwasher. Emptied and reloaded it and have almost another full load ready to go. Walk, ride the bike, and mow are the fun tasks for today. No gym - sprained my hand somehow yesterday. Restaurants here are open but I won't be going out to eat. Eating alone generally gets you stuck but the kitchen, the restrooms, or both.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-20-2020

Good morning everyone, hope things are going well for you all. Not much going on around here, went to the big Walmart yesterday, got there just before "senior hour" was up and was able to bump the line. Went past the paper goods aisle and saw that there were lots of choices. A few weeks ago you either took the small package of TP or towels, or you left without. Now they are almost back to normal with their bundles of "6=12" rolls. The point is that they made rolls of TP and towels smaller and smaller until it was embarrassing, so they went back almost to the old size and call them "super", "giant" or "massive". They even cut 1/4" off a roll of TP thinking that folks wouldn't notice. Got to go to Costco to find a full-sized roll anymore. During the TP crises, we bought rolls of TP that were so small that it wasn't worth the time putting them on the holder. Nope

Well, that's my rant of the day, I'm allowed, we old folk sometimes do that instead of doing real things. Keeps the blood pressure up without having to do any work. Icon_lol 

Might try to do some target shooting tomorrow, temps in the mid-80's, next week we're back up to 108 for the high, we don't shoot when it's that hot, so this may be our last chance until October.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-20-2020

Morning.  58 and rainy.  Got to do a gro run as Diet Canada Dry Ginger Ales on sale.  Get carrots and potatoes for a roast we have.  Maybe some Train Box chores.  Dr.'s apt tomorrow.  Human Services phone meeting this afternoon.

Wifey off feeding kids in trailer park in the rain.  Good for her.

Gove may go to phase 2 announcement at 5.  Not meeting the numbers but too much pressure.  Restaurants are screaming. 

Later.