The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-21-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy yet again and 56. They're again claiming mid 60s for a high. No sun til Saturday.

My day took a 90 degree turn yesterday. Looked at an e-mail from NOAA and found a link to a dive off the coast of Georgia. The have a remotely operated vehicle with a camera that they stream on the internet. got started watching that. Saw a 40 minute shark feeding frenzy on what appeared to be a swordfish. Fascinating stuff.

Today I'll work on the chores I neglected yesterday and throw in a shopping trip for some extra fun.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-21-2020

Rainy good morning. 61 degrees and warmer today. Heavy rains around us over night. Maybe more later today. 

Prayers for those downstream of dams in MI.

Tom, enjoy your "diving"

Dr. appointment this afternoon. Groomer not coming until Saturday while we are gone. Too rainy and she didn't feel good.

Pressured Gov. moving to modified phase 2. Restaurants and salons open with rules. Gyms and bars still closed. Also, playgrounds. Those two thought they were reopening. Too soon for phase 2.

Enjoy the day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 05-21-2020

Good morning folks

It is 61 but feels a little chilly. Supposed to reach 68.

Haven't been on the last few days or haven't done anything with the trains. Seemed like every time I tried something came up. I did yesterday get a chance to run some trains. I ran a train of the reefers I just finished weathering. Results to be posted soon. I also worked some more on repairing the loco that hit the floor. Parts came from Bowser so all I have left is the handrails. Then I have to paint them.

Not sure what today has in store.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-21-2020

Good morning, we're still in phase 1 as well. Just that gyms, playgrounds and pools are open. Bars are about the only thing that's not. Traffic picking up so we know that things are starting to open up. A lot of restaurants are still in the "drive-thru or carry out" modes.

Got gas yesterday, still hanging in there at $2.09, Sam's Club went from $1.79 to $1.94, not sure about Costco. Speaking of Costco, the parking lot is paved on the new one near us, from the looks of things, it's just a good 50% larger than most of the ones we have around here. Won't know what that means until they open. They're expanding the street in front of it from 2 lanes to 6 thanks to a bond issue. Even putting in a new stoplight, that in itself is a blessing.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-22-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy (again) and 57 headed for 64. Chances for rain almost every day for the next week.

Busy day yesterday. Walmart and Menards early. Then got the yard mowed, ran the trimmer, and cleaned up the sidewalk. Went for a nice long walk where an ice cream cone accidentally fell into my mouth. Walking can be dangerous! Then watched a web presentation by NOAA. After that I put some high traffic grass seed in a bare spot by the lawn shed. Haven't been out yet to see if it has grown yet.

Today to-do list will include a trip to the gym, a walk, and a bike ride.

Gas here is either $1.94 or $1,99. We're in phase two starting today with lots of stuff opening up, including restrooms at camp grounds. Bars and swimming pools open next week.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-22-2020

Good morning all and here we are approaching another weekend. Things outside are starting to look normal, although there are still a lot of restaurants that are not open to inside dining. We're still in phase 1, but most places can be open if they want to. Pools and gyms can open, but many are not for now. Don't know what phase 2 will be, maybe bars, right now the loophole is that if they serve food, bars can be open. There aren't any buffets open, and they may go the way of the dodo bird. I see where the Golden Corral is changing to "cafeteria style", or "order at the table" only. Ours here in Surprise is still closed. The Chinese buffet is open for take-out only. Not quite sure how that works, maybe they show you a picture and you go down the line, "yeah, yeah, no, nope, yeah....." If you can serve yourself, they might just as well open....

Going to try to go out for breakfast this morning, back to Brenda's, she needs the business more than Denny's does....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-22-2020

Sun is out.  71 degrees.  Beautiful day.  3.5 inches of rain.  Out to feed.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-22-2020

Hello Blue
Overcast with 67 for the day.
No news except to rant about our lock down so I won't say anything. Beware if our governor Whitmer becomes Biden's running mate.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 05-22-2020

Good morning folks

It is 61 and raining lightly. Supposed to go up to 66 with rain getting heavier.

Yesterday turned out nicer than predicted. As a result spent time outside doing yard things like cleaning the fountain in the front garden. Also did some tidying up in the gardens. Early in the morning I had to take my son to the podiatrists. He had an ingrown toenail that was beginning to get infected.

I worked on taking some photos. Still experimenting with the photo lights. I packed several cars into new storage boxes so they are no longer just sitting on the layout. These were mostly the MDC/Roundhouse express reefers. Once they are assembled and the couplers installed they no longer fit in the boxes they came in.

I pulled out some more MDC/Roundhouse kits. A couple of 40 foot wood reefers, a 40' wood boxcar and a Northeast Caboose. These all have metal bases. I had to clean up the bases as there is a good deal of flash on them. I hope to paint them sometime today.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 05-22-2020

Tom - Yup - Supposed to rain today and tomorrow
Same as you, maybe I can work on he layout a bit.

Everyone take care!!!

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-23-2020

Beautiful day out at 68 degrees and sunny.  Rain is gone and plants growing.  Fed 6 mobile home parks yesterday.  I was beat at 6 when I got home.

Riding with Wifey to SC line below Charlotte.  A plant thingy.  

All have a great day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-23-2020

Good morning all, today is the last of our cool days, only in the low 90's, we could hit our first 110 next week. Would like to go target shooting, but it doesn't sound like a smart idea right now. Some folks bring a portable canopy to shade them, I had one but never brought it since it's a bit windy where we go and I can only guess what would happen even though others do OK with theirs. Icon_rolleyes

Ran out of modeler's glue, ordered some from Home Depot since I can't find any locally. It took five hours to get 400 miles from California to a UPS facility in Arizona, but they're saying it'll take five days to get the 10 miles from there to the store. I could walk there and pick it up in less time, even though I have a tough time walking around the block. Waiting

Ya all have a great weekend, a holiday one for a lot of us.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-23-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and soggy are the weather words for not only today but through next Wed. Rain chances in the forecast every day. 62 now headed for 75 this afternoon with a brief respite as the skies are supposed to clear off for a while this afternoon.

Yesterday went as scheduled and included grocery shopping (mostly for meats), a trip to the gym, a walk, and a bike ride. While on the aforementioned bike ride I came upon a young (14 or 15ish) boy and girl walking rather close together (as couples that age often do) on the bike trail As I went past them I said "social distancing, kids." the young lady laughed but there was no audible reply from the young man. On my return trip the young lady had a big smle and said hi. The young man was less friendly.

I was going to put weed and feed on the grass yesterday but the label said to allow the granules to remain on the leaves for a day or two so that project will be postponed until sometime next week. Today is laundry, walk, and ride. Nothing else planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-23-2020

Hello Blue
Sun and 70's today, middle 80's coming up starting tomorrow.
The bitch in Lansing extended the stay at home order AGAIN. We are not children, know how to stay safe.
We had dinner yesterday with #1 son and daughter(family), tomorrow all of the S.J. family will be together for a cook out.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-24-2020

Greetings, gang.

Very dark and 62 at the moment. A storm is approaching. High is supposed to be about 80 today.

Routine day yesterday - walk, ride the bike, do laundry. After I got back from my bike ride I strolled across the street and had a nice chat with a neighbor. Nothing planned for today. May go for a walk after the storm moves through.

All stay safe.

Tom