The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-24-2020

Good morning everyone, it's suppose to stay cool today, well, low 90's is cool for us this time of the year. Won't get into the 100's until later this week. Some are still saying 111 is possible. Time to start looking into hibernation.... Oh, that's what we've been doing the past few months, just another way of saying, "lockdown". No changes there. Still waiting for my glue order to show up, it's been stuck (pun intended) getting on the UPS truck. Maybe the truck ran out of gas, maybe my tubes of glue leaked all over the truck's tires.....

Just did a backup of my data files, and decided to delete a previous backup. I couldn't believe that there was almost 350,000 files to delete that were part of a data transfer backup. Took almost an hour and a half to delete them all. Not a good idea to backup the Windows directory I guess.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-24-2020

Hello Blue
Sun and 80's for the next few days, that's warm enough for me. 
A afternoon cookout with our kids today, I guess tomorrow will be a stay home day.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 05-24-2020

Had a storm go through yesterday that gave me a chance to take some B&W pics of the receding clouds

Another 70 deg day today.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-24-2020

Been a lazy, hot and humid day.  Doing nothing.  Sat outside under umbrella table at the Train Box with coffee and a cake.   Watched Church on TV.

Now fried porkchops, mashed potatoes and butterbeans [seasoned with salty fatback].

Will lead Memorial Day service at Veteran's Memorial.  New Mayor has not said a word and neither has Town staff [except my former Town Clerk].  We'll see if he attends.

Enjoy your week.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 05-24-2020

Good afternoon folks

It is 56 and cloudy going up to 66. Yesterday was one of those werid weather days. One minute it was raining the next the sun was out. Cold then warm. If you didn't like the weather just wait 10 minutes and it will change.

Between rain storms I spray painted the four metal bases for the MDC/Roundhouse cars I am working on. We moved some more bins and stuff out of the new office. My wife got a desk for the room which requires some "easy" assembling.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-25-2020

Happy Memorial Day, gang.

Rain and 64 at the moment. Supposed to be in the mid 70s today. More rain this evening.

Quiet day yesterday. I did manage to get in a nice walk in the rain. Later on I had a nice bike ride. Today's big project is to water the house plants. May not go for a walk today. I stumbled while coming up the stairs yesterday and scrapped the bottom of my big toe. Makes it a little uncomfortable walking. Only other item on the agenda for today is intermittent rounds of feeding.

Frank - I have the greatest respect and admiration for all that you do. Thank you for your service to your community.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-25-2020

Good morning all, and a happy, but somber Memorial Day. Only somber because of what this day stands for, many have lost family or friends, others come back with physical or mental issues, these are the sacrifices they've made in the name of freedom. And that's the happy part, we are still free, but as they say, "Freedom isn't free". Please, remember them, only if it's today. People are planting and displaying flags all over the nation (given permission by their governor to go outside), I hope other nations are also honoring those that deserve it today.

Anyway, have a great day, enjoy your free time. Not sure what our day will be like, nothing special planned, would like to BBQ some ribs, but maybe it'll be better just to stop by Famous Dave's or Dickey's and pick some up, or maybe just go to Fuddrucker's for a hamburger. I'm just getting too old and too lazy to deal with cooking, so you know what my choices will be, unless BBQ ribs comes in a can.... Icon_lol

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-25-2020

Cloudy but not suppose to rain.  66 degrees and warming.  Will have private Memorial Day service early as not to attract too many people.  Just participants.  Under 25 participant max Gov. rules.

Enjoy your day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 05-25-2020

Hello Blue
Have a safe holiday
Yesterday's outing with the kids was very enjoyable. High of 87 but a gentle breeze made it comfortable.
Hi 80's again today.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-26-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 67 with more rain just entering the southern edge of the county. So far I have an inch and three quarters in the rain gauge since Saturday morning. The high for today is supposed to be in the mid 70s with - you guessed it - more rain for late this afternoon and evening.

Nothing really on the to-do list for today. I need to mow but the grass is still way too wet.

Mikey - nice pics.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 05-26-2020

Good morning all, today starts the upward climb towards 110, however, they've lowered their expectations of getting past 108 later in the week. Got hopes up that it'll be a mild summer, but even those weather soothsayers can't predict. Maybe I should be looking at the "Farmer's Almanac" instead of the Weather Channel.

I hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day, we had a quiet day, circumstances kept us from going out, but that was fine. Just no BBQ or hamburgers. Maybe we can do something today to make up for that.

I'm just wondering, in those states that are still in 100% lockdown, what if all stores, restaurants and churches opened in defiance of their governor's orders, and everyone went about a normal day. Could they arrest everyone in the whole state? I think most folks have had enough isolation and not working or not having their business open.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-26-2020

66 and cloudy. Will have some sun off and on. Tomorrow starts more rain thanks to FL. Guessers of doom and gloom hope it will develop into a tropical and cause flooding. Those folks. 

NC is in modified phase 2. Suddenly had 700 cases in 24 hours yesterday. DUAH. Should not have gone to phase 2 but too much political pressure. Nut ex-Marine hubby of lady organizing Reopen NC says if it comes to it, he will defend his constitutional rights with valiance as taught in the Marines. 

Had thick Egos and cooked a big pan of sausage links. Rolled them in maple syrup.

Chores and errands [when going in stores, wear my mask].

Enjoy the day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 05-26-2020

Good morning folks

It is 70 on its way to 78.

We had a quiet weekend. Had to run out and get propane so we could grill burgers and hot dogs. Hardware store was more crowded that I would have liked. Everyone was wearing masks in the store. I was glad all I had to do was pay for the propane and then head outside to the tank. We then went over to the small grocery/meat market in the same shopping center. We rediscovered the store since we are trying to avoid the crowds at the big grocery store in the small shopping center. The big grocery store did look crowded.

My daughter and I pulled out the fire pit and made smores last night. My wife and son joined us for awhile.

I painted the MDC/Roundhouse metal bases. Not sure else got done.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 05-27-2020

Greetings, gang.

Foggy and 67 with a humid high of 75 anticipated for later today.

Bike ride and walk accomplished yesterday. Got home soaked in sweat from both activities. Also got a couple of winter blankets washed up and put away until fall. Called my younger daughter for her birthday.

Today I need to mow the yard if the rain holds off. If not I may need to rent a couple of goats. Also on the agenda are the usual walk and bike ride along with a trip to the gym. The pool should be open soon for lap swimming.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 05-27-2020

67 degrees and cloudy.  Rain by afternoon so guessers say.  May become a tropical system.  More rain tomorrow.

Worked hard under shelter yesterday.  Back was hurting when finished.

Safelite coming in a few to redo Chevy windshield.

Have a good one.