The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 06-09-2020

(06-08-2020, 09:48 PM)Chief Eagles Wrote: Seems MTH [Mike's Train House] is shutting down for good.  I call it Mike's Trash House.  Lionel and Atlas are it.

My son is an avid collector of 3 rail. He buys some MTH knowing they will need to be repaired. For the most part he doesn't care whether the sound works or not. He has installed motors from hair dryers and he uses some large diodes. I don't know how he does it but he makes them all run. He has been buying a lot of 3 rail brass

Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 06-09-2020

Guelph, apparemtly, was the hottest spot in Canada today. We hit 32 C which is 89.6 F.
One forecast said even hotter tomorrow with thunderstorms. Big number on the windchill humidex.
I cleaned and dusted my workdesk today. This may be the last of the re-arranging.
Why are there so many more songs about unrequited love?  Guys with requited love are too busy re-arranging the furniture.
Told the replacement door for the RV fridge is in. Pick up tomorrow.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-10-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 58 at the moment with a predicted high in the mid 70s with clearing skies. I got about 17 drops of the predicted 1-2 inches of rain during the day yesterday. A quarter inch appeared in my rain gauge overnight.

Went for a bike ride early and was waiting for the rain so I could go for a walk. While waiting I took my drone down by the river but the fleas drove me out after about 10 minutes. Finally gave up on waiting for the rain and walked for about an hour yesterday afternoon.

This morning I'll be heading to the gym. Walk this afternoon. Probably no bike ride as winds are predicted to hit near 40 mph.

SJ - Glad Mrs SJ home and resting well.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-10-2020

Good morning folks, today we go back to "normal" weather, meaning over 100 with humidity less than 10%. Need to stop by the car wash today, go lots of dust on it from going out in the desert to target shoot Sunday.

Yeah David, I thought the same thing, we watched one of those, "you can get over 2,000 of your favorite hard to find songs for just 15 easy payments of $29.95", 30-minuit commercials. It was all country songs, and just about all of them was either, she's leaving him, or he left her and is now sorry or even someone did a bit of cheating.....

Had problems figuring out where to mount my control panel and power pack since I don't have a lot of space in my train room. Came up with a swing-away solution. It will swing up and lock in place when I'm running trains, and swing under the layout when I need the space. The control panel wiring will also be connected with plugs in case I change my mind. Got to finish wiring the panel now.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-10-2020

Hello Blue
90 today with every storm warning on the menu for late afternoon.
My wife seems to be doing well. Moves about the house when she needs to. 
Of course the couch is her best friend for awhile.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-10-2020

Morning.  91 and humid.  Mow [got all the hoses earlier this AM up to be ready].  Some other chores.  Find some keys to locks under the shelter [to prevent things from being "borrowed"] that I have hidden the keys too well.  May did around tomato plants.  Suppose to get rains sometime between tomorrow and Sunday [we'll see]. 

Charlie, tell son to look into ERR kits.  Gives you TMCC, cruise and sound [if wanted].  Easy to do.  

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 06-10-2020

Good morning folks

83 and going up to 89. With the humidity it is downright ugly out there.

Took my car to the carwash. Before going it was pollen green. After the was it was back to it's true color of burgundy. No modeling yesterday. I got tied up in a bunch of little things and before I knew it was time for bed. We will give it another try today.

I hope everybody has good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 06-10-2020

hi all back from Tucson . got more pills Sad ugh seems now that every time I have a doctors appointment I get a new pill  , leg still swelling up got till the end of this month to stay off it , hard to work on any models as cant get close to workbench.

don I do have several multable connectors that would handle the current draw for n scale think the largest in 50.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-10-2020

(06-10-2020, 12:47 PM)jim currie Wrote: hi all back from Tucson . got more pills Sad ugh seems now that every time I have a doctors appointment I get a new pill  , leg still swelling up got till the end of this month to stay off it , hard to work on any models as cant get close to workbench.

don I do have several multable connectors that would handle the current draw for n scale think the largest in 50.

Thanks Jim, I'll let you know. I might have some left over from our business, I just have to search some boxes out in the garage. Really haven't a clue what I have anymore after all the moving around and giving stuff away, not to mention what the movers "forgot" to unload. Blaster

The older we get, the more pills are a way of life. Rest if you need to, there is no fun in any of the alternatives, so take it easy my friend....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 06-10-2020

Thunderstorm whacked onto us about 8:30.
New fridge door for RV nearly didn't fit the car. Will have a short time installing it -- easy with two screw-in pivots. How do you throw out a door?

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-11-2020

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 56. Warming fast. Should hit the low 80s today. All the high winds and storms are gone. Looks to be a very pleasant weekend, weatherwise.

Not much accomplished yesterday. This morning I need to make a Walmart run. After that I'll clean up the yard from all the wind yesterday and then mow.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-11-2020

Good morning all, temps up, humidity down, a typical day today with one exception. Today marks 60 years since Peggy and I said, "I DO"..... Was going to go out for dinner, but most places all have waiting lists. Decided to bring in some BBQ and have dinner at our house with Pat and his family. Saves someone a lot of cooking, saves us from standing around waiting for a table to open.

Went to Brenda's Kitchen for breakfast yesterday, she now has all her booths open. She said that she was told that she is so small and so far away that no one is going to question her. I'm still wondering why it's OK for a few thousand people to walk arm-in-arm around city streets, but you can't sit close to each other in a restaurant or church. Why are they still hauling off business owners to jail for opening too soon, when looters walk down the street with their loot, untouched. Doesn't make a bit of sense.. Nope

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-11-2020

Hello Blue
Storms yesterday afternoon brought our temp down from 90 to 64 this morning. 70's for the day.
Those looters are not protesters, they are criminals. And the people pulling down statues should be charged with destruction of property.
My wife, one week into the healing process seems to be doing well.
No train news.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-11-2020

79 and scattered showers.  Wifey headed to Wilmington.  I leave tomorrow AM.  Back Sunday.

Enjoy the day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 06-11-2020

Good afternoon folks

It is 73 now with thunderboomers moving through. Yesterday was downright oppressive. We had the steps to our back door rebuilt yesterday. The original steps were two steps. Problem was the height of the steps. One was almost 10 inches and the other 11.5. Steps should be under 9 at the most. The mason turned the two steps into three and my back already loves it. Now I can carry stuff in and out without having to climb Mt Everest.

Looks like I am going to have to go to the local hobby shop to get some supplies. I need screws to attach the new couplers to one of the pickle cars. The ones I have are either too big or two long. I do not like going to this shop but he is the only game in town now. I have not stepped foot in the place in about 12 or 13 years. The one owner is a real jerk especially if you are not buying Lionel. The shop is big and does a great mail order business so I guess that is how they stay in business despite the one owner.

I am off to Walmart in a few. I had to order a new vacuum cleaner. I vacuumed the rug and saw it pick up things and then I turned around and saw them back on the rug. After some head scratching and an examination of the beast I found the first hose that goes from the brushes to tank is dry rotted and has four holes in it along the ribs. Stuff went and flew right back out.

I am going to try to get some modeling in later.

I hope everybody has a good day.