The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-18-2020

85 and sunny. Maybe a slight chance of a shower. All north. Then chance it will come back tomorrow while I'm feeding. Got County Vet and a pet food person following me. Offering free rabbis and pet food. Hope it holds off. 

Happy birthday SJ.

Spent a little time this morning filling black oil feeder and suit block feeder [man, those woodpeckers are emptying it about every three days. Wifey says some are juveniles]. Then found a fire ant mound. Low but really wide in edge of Wifey's path to raised beds. They are not happy now.

Long time on "fixing" County problem with media. One Co. Commissioner and a School Board member. On feeding. Constantly stirring. Can't get their way.

Cardiologist visit this afternoon. Yearly visit. MOW grass when I get home.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-18-2020

Happy belated birthday SJ, we used to keep track of that, but I'm not sure why we don't anymore. For instance, today is Fifer's birthday, so happy birthday to Fifer as well.
548 548

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 06-18-2020

Good afternoon folks

Been a long 24 plus hours. Went to the funeral home yesterday to finalize things. My wife and I went there last year when he was first admitted to the nursing home. At that time we did not think he would live through the summer but he improved. As a result of our previous visit the arrangements were pretty much set. Because of COVID there is no viewing or mass, just a graveside service. We can only have 25 people but that won't be an issue. We are his only family and he outlived his friends. The Marine color guard will be there to honor his Korean war service.

Wife has been on the phone dealing with notify the VA and township. With the township my wife will be receiving his pension from now on. She also talked with the cemetery.

To make things even more fun our dog has apparently gone blind. I have been on the phone with the vet a couple times today.

To catch some relief I tested a newly acquired IHC unlettered 0-8-0 swiitcher. I plan on decaling it for NYO&W.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 06-18-2020

Supposedly there's some ducky weather heading this way just in time for the weekend Sad
Thunderstorms and downpours on hand.. We'll see how right they are.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-19-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and cool this morning. 65 degrees with 100% humidity so it's just a touch muggy. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 70s with rain chances remaining through Monday night. Got an inch and a half overnight.

I finally got all the track fixed and ran the track cleaning train for about a half hour yesterday. I'll be testing it over the next several days just to make sure all is good.

Not much on the agenda for today other than the gym. I need a new seat for my bike but Walmart is out of the one I like. They're supposed to send me an e-mail when it's back in stock.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-19-2020

Out the door to deliver produce boxes.  They are delivering them early.

Enjoy the day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-19-2020

Good morning all, temps climbing starting tomorrow hitting the 110 mark around mid-week. We are one week away from the record 122° set back in 1990. Not a sign of rain, even AccuWeather has dropped their 1% forecasts. Still, we are now officially into our "monsoon" season, so rain and dust storms are unpredictable.

Mad a rookie mistake the other day, was going to charge the batteries in the golf cart, getting it ready to sell. Put water in all the cells, so I thought. Missed one cell and that battery now needs replacing. Never charge a lead-acid batter if the plates show, I know that, just getting old I guess.... Replacement battery, around $100, and they're not fun to get out since they're really packed in there, seven batteries in all. Got the cart when we live in that retirement complex, haven't used it much since we moved out, time t make room in the garage.

Oh, keep tuned, we have a very special auction coming up, you won't want to miss this one....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-19-2020

Hello Blue
Sun and 90 for the next few days, For Mi. that's hot weather. I hate winter snow but you fellers out west can have that 100+ stuff.
I had a nice phone chat with a life long friend yesterday evening, ah yes a lot of old memories were recalled. 
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 06-19-2020

The newspapers today were divided between partly cloudy and thunderstorms. We had a couple of inches of partly cloudy this morning.

Very late the crew came to replace the driveway. They arrived around 7:00 (when the neighbours were out banging their pots) and the last 2 left near 9:00. They just get a pick or something under the old tar and peel it off. As of 10:00 it's still noticeably hot. Couple across the street let us park in their double driveway.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-20-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and cool outside my window this morning. 65 right now headed for the upper 70s. Chances for rain remain in the forecast through Tuesday.

Started to make arraignments for resuming my Thursday evening beer and bereavement group and found out one of the members has been diagnosed with dementia. Not really the best news.

This morning I'm headed for Menards for more rock for the outdoor trains. Also on tap are laundry and house cleaning for next weeks visit by family and friends.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-20-2020

Good morning everyone, isn't today the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year? I wonder sometimes how those folks way long ago knew enough about this to build things that corresponded to this day. As the sun comes up, it shines through a slit and projects on something important to them. Was Stonehenge really built for this purpose? Gives you something to think about.

Temps starting to climb, should be around 105 today. Don't know where Microsoft gets it's historical weather data from, but they need to do something. They show the record high for today being 123, it's never reached that high here in recorded history. They show Friday's record as 120, that's the day we hit the record of 122 back in 1990, I still remember that day....

Today we are going to announce a new auction. We have an item generously donated by one of our long-time members, we are not only grateful for this donation, but we are very excited about what it is, and so will you all when we reveal what it is and who our benefactor is.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-20-2020

Morning.  70 and cloudy.  Maybe a shower.  Off to bar-b-q and fried chicken restaurant.  Doing Fathers' Day with Kids and Grands today.  Not as crowded.  Normally we don't do restaurants since virus.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 06-20-2020

Good afternoon folks

It is 80 and the humidity is going up. We may get some window rattlers later.

Still numb from m father-in-law's passing. Even though we knew it was coming still not ready for it. Funeral is Monday. It will be a graveside service only due to COVID.

Haven't done much modeling the last few days. Spent most of the time getting things together for Monday. Annoyed at the nursing home. They emailed my wife their final bill stamped, "Pay Now." No condolences, no sorry for your loss, or sympathy just give us our money. Rant over.

Going to try to something with the trains today or tonight. I did get a couple of photos which I will post later.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-20-2020

Tom, Very sorry for your loss. Sometime people can be heartless in how they approach things, don't even give you time to grieve or work out the details before they start pouncing on you. Sorry for that as well....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 06-21-2020

Sorry for your loss Tom.
Best of luck tomorrow.
I had a few friends like that, even though you knew it was coming, it was very difficult when the time came.

Take your time paying that bill. If all they care about is money, then make them wait for it.