The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-21-2020

Happy Fathers Day, gang.

The day is starting off very pleasant here, weather-wise. Sunny and 67 at the moment with a predicted high about 20 degrees north of that. Storms are predicted for late this afternoon and evening.

Put 5 more bags of rock around the outdoor train yesterday. Looking better. Went for a bike ride and had my hat handed to me. On the way out I got passed by a woman who probably weighed about 100 lb with rocks in her pockets. On the way back she passed me again. She had to have ridden further into the park than I did because I did not see her when I turned around and yet she still beat me on the way back.

After supper I mowed the yard. It wasn't quite ready yet but I want to mow again next Friday so everything looks nice.

When I took out the tunnel I generated three totes of dirt. I put the dirt in totes and covered them with drop cloths to prevent them from turning to mud. When I went to move one of the totes yesterday the drop cloth apparently wasn't waterproof so I had a tote full of mud. What a mess trying to move it. I'll drag the containers out of the shed again this morning to let them continue to dry out.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-21-2020

Good morning all, and a Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there. I notice that some restaurants are closing once again, so I'm guessing that our Father's Day dinner will be take-out. My choice, BBQ.

Got a new edict from our Governor, let the cities decide if we should wear a mask or not. Phoenix, Surprise and Mesa jumped on the bandwagon, but were trumped by the county. So now, anyone in Maricopa County must wear a mask in any public place where they cannot keep social distancing. Tucson has had that rule for months now, and I'm sure others will follow suite. Hmm, notice the common references to playing Bridge, which I have no idea how to play....

Temps are getting up there, we could be past 110 by mid-week. High temps and low humidity aren't helping those who are fighting the wildfires around our state. The largest is still the Bush Fire in the Tonto National Forest at 175,000 acres. Several are in the 40,000 acre area, most are barely contained, most are human caused... Prayers for all those battling those blazes.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-21-2020

HAPPY FATHERS DAY Blue.
Sun and 88 today with a chance of passing showers.
Had grilled steaks at daughters house yesterday. Today will be burnt offerings at #1 son's house/
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-21-2020

Afternoon.  90 and sunny.  Watched Church on TV after Wifey got me a BoJ's biscuit.  Gracious it was extra big.  

Been having fever and then a few hours later, gone.  Stays gone for days.  Slight symptoms of a UTI.  Well, gone today.  Woke up at 6:30 itching on my arms and so on.  Had whelps all over them, bottom lip swollen, and feet started itching.  Two Benadryls and all gone now.  Makes me sleepy.  Slept through part of Church on TV.  Excuse this time.  Sending message to Dr.  Probably get called in tomorrow. 

TV [and sleep] this afternoon.  

Have a great week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-22-2020

Greetings, gang.

67 at the moment with a small thunderstorm just about to hit. Never did get and of the 80% chance of 3/4 inch of rain last night. The high for today is supposed to be in the upper 70s.

Not much accomplished yesterday. Bike ride and moving the mud containers in and out of the shed a couple of times. This morning is a trip to the gym and this afternoon will be a bike ride. Otherwise, continued house cleaning in preparation for guests this weekend.

Frank - I hope your medical dilemma is quickly resolved.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-22-2020

And a good Monday morning to ya all. Father's Day yesterday, ordered BBQ from Famous Dave's for pickup at 3:00. Drove 10 miles, got there just in time, the place had people in line to get in to eat, and bunches just waiting around the take-out table. "Did they call you?", she says. "No, why?". Apparently, they will call you when your order is ready (how do we know that?), and they're only two hours behind. Canceled our order and went home and opened up a can of something. Didn't feel like waiting in line to get into any restaurant or even a drive-thru.

Temps still climbing, could be 108-111 for the next few days. Summer's here, lots of fun, lots of outdoor???? stuff to do....

Virus count is rising here, still lots of folks still not wearing masks. We have ours in the car, it's strange wearing them, but we do what we have to do. I have a slight hearing problem, and I never realized how much I depended on watching people's lips in order to understand what they were saying. Now I do.... Waiting

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-22-2020

Afternoon.  Can't drive.  Benadryl.  [Wifey driving for me]  Typing not much better.  UTI but suddenly for three days, itching and whelps.  Saw Dr. this AM.  Strong meds.  Since I have been drinking a lot of water for 4 weeks now, got that part covered.  Bad to get old.

101 on the weather station outside [in sun now].  In the sun, 46% humidity [so worse in the shade].  Yes, very sunny.

A lot of phone talking on food security [drama] and other County things since I got home.

Trying to rest and do TV [will sleep I'm sure].

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-23-2020

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and a cool 56 degrees in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. The high for today is only supposed to be in the mid 70s. Right now there's an 80% chance of rain on Friday when there will be some out of town relatives here. I may be cooking burgers in the garage.

Quiet day yesterday. Had to cut my half mile swim short by two laps as one foot kept cramping. In the afternoon I did come cleaning and late afternoon I got a train out to test all my repairs. Found a couple of minor problems. Both problems are right at track joints so it should be an easy fix.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-23-2020

Good morning everyone, going to be a hot one today, looking at 110 and up for the next few days. Humidity under 10%, so that's suppose to ease the pain.  Got some things to do out in the garage, need to start real early.

Wildfires are still not under control, the Bush Fire is close to 200,000 acres, one of the largest ever in Arizona, another one near Tucson is around 50,000 acres. I wounder, if we were back a few thousand years ago without all these firefighters (there's some 800 fighting the Bush Fire), how much would burn before it put itself out? Well, in this case, it wouldn't have started in the first place since it was caused by a car catching fire, but some are caused by lightning strikes. The good thing, most of the evacuation orders have been lifted.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-23-2020

Morning.  Partly cloudy and 82.  May or may not get storms this evening.  Stake out tomato baskets [double stacked] as they are now top heaving.  Not much else to do.

Enjoy your day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-24-2020

Greetings, gang.

It's a sunny 58 degrees outside my window this morning. The high for today is supposed to be around 80. There are chances for rain every day for the next week, including a 70% chance on Friday evening when I have family here.

Having a hard time getting started this morning. Going to be a nice day but right now I just have no enthusiasm to do anything. May even skip the gym. Only two projects for today - call my sister-in-law for her birthday and charge my cell phone. I charge it once a week whether it needs it or not. I've had it go completely dead a couple of times because I forgot about it. That's how seldom I use my cell phone.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-24-2020

Good morning folks, can't believe that it's Wednesday already and almost July as well. Next week we have a long July 4th weekend, fireworks are allowed on private property so we can expect to be woke up again by a few neighbors shooting off well into the night.

Wildfires still raging around the state, got a new one up by the Carefree Highway, (yeah, the one in that song), to the north of us. Lots of firefighters on the ground in the 111 heat, lots of tankers dropping slurry and lots of folks likey being evacuated since the new one is in a populated area.

Too much going on, first Covid-19, then riots and demonstrations, now wildfires and high temps.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-24-2020

94 and humid as usual.  A few errands and mow.

Confederate Monuments: Well my "adopted" black Daughter and I finally had a long conversation [besides texting] on Monday AM. She lives on the other side of the County and we are not in meetings together right now. Seems ours were erected during the Jim Crow era. Mainly to tell blacks, whites are in charge and you are worthless. Dedication speeches [in NC Archives and History] are full of the "N" word [not negro]. Take them down. Has nothing to do with our fallen Confederate soldiers. Until then, those had been placed in cemeteries. "Splain it to me Lucy" as Ricky use to say. Finally the biggie TV station had a Duke professor on the news this AM explaining this. My questions is, why was this not brought out two years ago when the Gov recommended we move them? Could have saved a lot of grief. OH, they finally got a crane big enough to move the biggest one. 75 ft. tall of solid granite. [attempts to lift it kept breaking the cranes]

Now on other monuments around the USA, ???

Don, hope the fires get controlled.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-24-2020

Frank, The last word is one house burned to the ground and 200 home evacuated at the one north of the Carefree Highway. The Bush Fire hasn't grown any, still around 200,000 acres.

Statue wrecking doesn't change history, we should never forget what was, but they need to spend that energy on doing productive things to change the future.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-25-2020

72 and cloudy.  On the phone for first Human Services Board meeting since Feb.  One lady wants to talk all the time.  She's like that all the time.  So good when she doesn't attend [Usually traveling the world.  Husband stays home.  Understand why.] Chair cut her off.  She has to go off in Nov.

After meeting, getting my first real haircut since Feb.

Gov holding us in phase 2 and state-wide mask requirement.  Right wing Legislature can't get over ride veto of their stupid reopen bills.  NC numbers skyrocketed. 

Later.