The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 07-04-2020

Went hardware store shopping today. The one we went to didn't have any in stock (one "sold") and doesn't do installs.
Overheard that 2x4s are out of stock all over the city.

SWMBO was up about 4:00 am hearing a noise in the basement. Traced to water meter. It was spinning around like mad and clicking as it went; the outside sprinklers were on. (They are not under our control; we just supply the water.)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-05-2020

Greetings, gang

Quite cool at 65 degrees this morning but it will warm up quickly to around 90.

Got all my projects done yesterday - bike ride, laundry, cleaned and trim around My Fair Lady's headstone, and run some trains.

Last night it sounded like the 4th of Jul... Oh! Wait a minute (hurriedly checks calendar). Never mind!

This morning I'll be watching the first Formula 1 race of the season. Other plans include bill paying and a bike ride. Gonna be another in a long string of hot and humid days. I've had the air conditioner on for over a week. Very rare. Most times it gets warm for a few days and then cools off again. Oh, well. It's better than the house we had in Omaha. It sat on top of a hill facing west and there were no trees. Got pretty warm in the summer with no a/c. We did break down and get a room a/c for the kids. Almost race time.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-05-2020

Good morning everyone. Slept in a bit later this morning, too much celebration last night. Not us, the neighbors with their blowing off firecrackers until they ran out, then we finally got to sleep.

Did go target shooting yesterday with my shooting buddy, Pat and our granddaughter. Got there before 7:00 and lots of shooters already there. Just about the time we were deciding to pack up, another group set up right in our line of fire. Do they not look around before picking a spot to shoot from?????? This is the second time in recent weeks that we've gone out on a Saturday, and the second time that someone set up in between us and the hill. 35 35 35 We stopped shooting, mainly because we would have to spend the rest of the day answering questions and filling out all sorts of paperwork... And we surly would have made the 5:00 news.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-05-2020

Morning.  85 and 80% humidity.  That is in the sun.  WOW.  Chance of showers later.

Goofing off.  Wifey went to BoJ's and got biscuits.  Topped them with fresh tomato.

Don, some crazy and selfish people.

Have a great week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-05-2020

(07-05-2020, 08:22 AM)Chief Eagles Wrote: Morning.  85 and 80% humidity.  That is in the sun.  WOW.  Chance of showers later.

Goofing off.  Wifey went to BoJ's and got biscuits.  Topped them with fresh tomato.

Don, some crazy and selfish people.

Have a great week ahead.

Stupid-crazy self-absorbed totally dumb people who have no concern for their own safety and that of the other people in their group. We only went on a weekend because I had a couple of free hours. Nowadays, that doesn't happen very often.... Nope

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-06-2020

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 67 headed for sunny and 90.

Quiet day yesterday. Watched a fairly entertaining F1 race and went for a bike ride. After lunch I did some cleaning in my shop. Today is a swimming day at the gym and paying the bills that I didn't do yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 07-06-2020

Heading to 100 here in PA.... That's Arizona weather, not Northeast!!

Have a Goodun'

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-06-2020

(07-06-2020, 07:31 AM)ngauger Wrote: Heading to 100 here in PA....  That's Arizona weather, not Northeast!!

Have a Goodun'

No, no, Arizona weather is 110 heading to 115 by this weekend. Waiting 

Good morning all, yup, hot and dry. No rain in the forecast for this week, some starting next week though, but you never know.

Going to try to eek out some time to work on my control panel, just lots of appointments, so I'm not sure about that....

Have a great week... Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 07-06-2020

hi all . another week has rolled by , still spending most of my time sitting on my backside with leg up , have managed to do a bit of sorting in garage , still can't drive though that is a moot point  as still staying home .
Don wish I had someone to go shooting with , took out my gold cup other day and found a dead spider in barrel not a sign of use.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-06-2020

Morning.  Redhots and eggs cooked.  93 and humid.  Same old, same old forecast.  Chance of showers that do not come.

Will mow.

Lady killed in Durham 4th night.  Stray bullet from folks shooting celebrating the 4th.  No one knows where it came from.  

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-06-2020

Hello Blue
It's 91 with no rain in the forecast. 90's is hot for here.
Got a dental cleaning at 5, was suppose to be in May. I got in cause someone had just canceled before I called to complain.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-07-2020

Good morning everyone. Hot days ahead, some say it could go as high as 117 this week. Don't know why, but the TV folks always seem to be a few degrees higher than the one doing the forecasting on the Internet. No rain in the forecasts for the next week or so (except AccuWeather and their 1 or 2% chances). We normally have several good storms come though by now.

Jim, would be good if we could get together and do some target shooting. We go to Flat Iron Mountain, a bit over 50 miles away for us, but a good 150 for you. If we could find a place closer to half-way between us, that would be fair, just not do it in this heat.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-07-2020

Greetings, gang.

Sunny, hot, humid. Rinse. Repeat.

Skipped the gym yesterday but went for an extra long bike ride - 19 miles. Off to Walmart this morning. The bar where I go for my Thursday evening group had a case of Covid and has shut down. I'm pulling back from the group fo a while. Just getting too close.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-07-2020

Home. Sweated out real good. Glad I took backpack sprayer [we have 4 wheeler with big tank sprayer on the back]. Had to spray around the campers and barn. Then big packhouse. Then parking area at deep woods.

86 and 71% humidity.  Where is the rain guessed?

Shower now.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-08-2020

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 93 for today. No relief in sight.

I found a bicycle seat at Walmart yesterday. Got it installed and started out on my daily bike ride. Decided that was what I did NOT want to do. Came home and goofed off for the remainder of the day. This morning I'll head to the gym for a swim. Otherwise Ill be hiding indoors as much as possible.

All stay safe (and cool).

Tom