The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-15-2020

Good morning everybody, rise and shine. Well, as best you can. As of yesterday, we are tied for the most consecutive days where the low didn't go below 90. We are also high on the list of consecutive days of 110 or higher. Today is different, the low should be around 86, the high around 108, downright chilly for this time of the year.... Icon_rolleyes 

Not much else to talk about, gyms took their fight to court and lost, some are still defying the order and staying open. Bars are now going to court to reopen. The governor's order states that restaurants need to stay below 50% occupancy, no gatherings of more than 50 people, well, unless you're part of a demonstration, then the crowds there can go as large as they want without fear of retribution. Our bank has closed their lobby, I guess coming into the bank with a mask on kind of puts them on edge. Icon_e_surprised

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-15-2020

Morning.  Hot and more humid.  Will start watering today.  NC numbers still climbing.  Back to school Aug 17 but a screwed up mess.  One week on and two off [on computer].  Only to satisfy some parents and politicians.  Option to go full computer and lots signing up for that.  

Did not realize that AZ does not have a state-wide mask order.  No wonder as I can see the party the Gov belongs to.  Our right side of the isle is trying to force complete reopening and says no problem.  Money before health of citizens.

Friend of Wifey lost her hubby last night to virus. 

Hope all stay safe and healthy.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-15-2020

Hello Blue
For us 90's are hot and we got a week of them ahead of us. The grass is now straw as watering cost too many $$$,
Our Mi dicktater keeps firing out new orders but the virus is still here. We have lost one friend and hopefully there will be no more.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 07-15-2020

Good afternoon folks

A beautiful 83 going to 85 with low humidity.

I had to finish our state taxes this morning. Since then been cleaning around the house. I have to run to Rite Aid to pick up some drugs for the wife and I.

I continued putting locomotives away last night. I think I am done all the ones that can go back into their original boxes. Next are the ones have to use other containers. I found two locos that needed minor repairs. A Reading MP15DC needed a sunshade reattached and a B&O RS-1 needs a horn repair. I didn't do the horn repair at this time.I will do it later as it is in a tricky spot.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-16-2020

Greetings, gang.

It's a foggy and downright chilly 52 degrees outside my window this morning. The high for today is supposed to be in the upper 80s with even warmer temperatures over the weekend.

Washer repairman showed up yesterday morning and all is right with the world. This morning I've already been out getting a drone shot of the fog for one of my daughters. After breakfast I'll be headed to Walmart for Corona (not the virus) and a few other less important items. Later on I'll drag the bike out and this evening I'll be going to a birthday dinner for one of my great-grandsons.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-16-2020

Good morning all, I think we did hit 110 yesterday, can't say for sure, I turned the news off about two minutes into it and skipped the rest. Just too much stress for us older folk. We are now just tied for the top spot for the number of days not going below 90, it got down to a chilling 89 yesterday. Today could get down as low as 81, so they say, but on the high end, another 110 day in store. We won't even talk about the chances of rain, I check four different sources, and they're all over the map, just that it might rain sometime this week or next.

You are right Frank, we don't have a state mask order, but just about all larger cities and counties have orders in place since our governor has granted them that right. Went up to Prescott two weeks ago to pick up some ammo and didn't see one person wearing a mask. Lucky that I pre-ordered the ammo, they were out of stock by the time I got there, but had my order ready. What they do have is selling for about twice what you could get some for a couple of months ago. it's crazy what stirs people to buy up guns and horde ammo, maybe the same people that have a five-year supply of toilet paper. Twice in the past few week we went out on a weekend to target shoot, and both times, a group set up right in our line of fire while we were still firing. Maybe their first time out, didn't care, we just packed up and left.... Waiting

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-16-2020

Morning.  Hot and humid.  What is new.  Watering again.  Should finish by noon or a little after.  Hope that hold till we get rain.  Maybe some by Sat. or Sun.

Don, getting ready in case there is caucus.

Hope all stay well and cool.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-17-2020

Greetings, gang.

69 and sunny headed for 90 and sunny. 90+ all weekend.

Quiet day yesterday and the entire upcoming weekend looks to be the same. Due to the heat I'll be spending most of the weekend indoors. Gas price has dropped a dime since I filled my car on Wed. Down to $1.99.9

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-17-2020

Good morning friends, yet another weekend us a step ahead of us. Here we are in the middle of July and I'm not sure why we're still not in 2010, where did the last decade go???  Not even sure why they try to report to weather, averaging four different sources: it could be hot today, it could cool down a bit next week and maybe there'll be a chance of rain sometime soon.

Our governor held a press conference yesterday, says that 90% of the state is under local mandates to wear masks, so no need for state order, has blocked evictions for folks that can't pay rent because of the virus putting them out of work, still keeping restaurants open, bars and gyms closed.  Says he was not going to bend to the pressure of the "close down everything" group, and for sure, not to the "open the gyms and bars" group. He did postpone opening schools, but again, not long enough for the "keep the schools closed" folks. It's crazy, and being an election year, even the dog catcher is taking the heat for everything that's happening. Icon_rolleyes

Gas here has gone up a few pennies, now into the $2.45 range.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-17-2020

Hello Blue
Just checking in.
Some much needed rain yesterday. Sun is back with a string of 90's looming. Hot for us Yankees.
I'm not sure of the current gas prices, last time I was out it was at $2.09.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 07-17-2020

Good afternoon folks

We are at 86 heading to 88. Humidity is up there and it is beginning to feel like a wet blanket out there. We are under an Excessive Heat Watch until Tuesday. The heat index will be well over 100 for those days.

Cleaned the pond filter and rake some dead leaves out from under the bushes and trees in the backyard.

Continued removing the locos and store them. Once the layout is clear will begin the remake.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-18-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and already 78 with a predicted high in the mid 90s and a heat index about 10 degrees above that.

With the above forecast I will definitely be spending the bulk of my day indoors. I'll try to sneak in a bike ride soon but if it's too nasty I'll just urn around and come home.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-18-2020

Good morning, yup, it's after 6:00 here which means I slept in a bit later this morning. For some reason, my body is used to getting up around 4:00 during  all my work years, and it just doesn't want to change. However, it does seem to know that it's Saturday and it lets me sleep in a bit longer. 

Weather-wise, we're in an "excessive heat warning" through tomorrow with temps up to 112. Not so high for the rest of the week with a decent chance of rain. The average rainfall for today is 0.02", so we're not looking at a good chance of rain today. So yes Tom, it's a good day to stay indoors....  Awesome

Trying to work on my control panel interconnect, I sure wish I had some of my tools back that I sold or gave away when we decided to downsize. Icon_cry

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-18-2020

Super hot and humid.  100 on weather station outside.  Heat advisory due to heat and humidity.

Delivered produce boxes until noon.  Was bad hot by then.  Basically stayed in.  Did go to CVS and gro.  Came home and unloaded three trips from garage to house.  Head dripping wet.  Horrible.

Worse today.  

May get in train box and do some work.  A/C works good in there.  Water back garden.  Lots of tomatoes and peppers.

Have a safe and cool day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-19-2020

Happy National Ice Cream Day, gang.

Overcast and 71 headed for sunny and 85. A 50% chance of rain tonight.

17 mile bike ride was the only activity yesterday. Today there is a Formula 1 race at 8. Very quiet around here this weekend.

All stay safe.

Tom