The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-19-2020

Good Sunday morning to ya all, still hot, still ripe for some rain, but we haven't seen any since March. Gunna be one of those years where we don't get more than a few inches of rain. Normal is less than 10" to start with. One more day of 110+ and we stay just a bit under the 110 mark. No bike rides, no jogging or even walking or sitting out on the patio. Going from the house to the car or from the car to the store is just about enough exposure to the weather as we can stand right now.

Got a friend working on our genealogy. Amazing what she's come up with so far and she's only been at it one day. Traced my grandparents back to, as we used to put it, "the old country", and around the late 1800's when they came to America. Can't wait to see what else she finds. So much info on us all on the Internet, especially those genealogy sites.

Going to take it easy today, maybe find time to work on my control panel interconnect. Brought my drill press into the house, it has to be hot enough in the garage to bake bread. Someone didn't want to pay a few hundred bucks to have the garage insulated when it was built and we're paying for that now. You can imagine just how hard our spare fridge is working out there. Eek

Take care, stay safe and have a great day... 2285_

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-19-2020

Super hot and humid.  Heat advisory.  Wifey cooked waffles and stuff sausage.  

Not much on agenda.

Stay cool and safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 07-19-2020

Good afternoon folks

It is officially 91 but the thermometer in the backyard says 100. High is supposed to be 94. Wife went to collect tomatoes and said, "it is hot as blazes out there."

Didn't do anything with the layout yesterday. I got involved in a few small projects around the house.

I hope today to continue with clearing the layout.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-20-2020

Greetings, gang.  

Cloudy and 66 headed for cloudy and 79.  50% chance of rain later but looking at satellite and radar the rains will probably go to the south of me.

Had a pretty quiet day (again) yesterday.  F1 race and a bike ride.  Woke up early again this morning.  Haven't slept well the last couple of nights.  I'll skip the gym this morning as it might prove awkward to fall asleep while swimming.  Grabbed my camera and drone and headed east of town for some sunrise pictures.  Got some nice shots with the camera but when I went to start the drone I realized I had forgotten my phone.  Oh, well.  There will be other sunrises.

Gas price has dropped almost 20 cents since I filled the tank last week.  Down to $1.93.9 yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-20-2020

Good morning everyone, nice shot Tom, just enough clouds to get all that red. We had some dark clouds yesterday afternoon, but the rain never came. Today's chances of rain range from 0% to 47% depending on who you're reading. One thing that they all agree on for today is that it will only get up to around 108.

Really strange, gas is going down in most parts of the country, but going up here in the Phoenix area. They must be having a gas war up in Bullhead City, you can get gas there for $1.71, the lowest here is, of course, Costco at $2.07, most others around $2.44.

Still working on my control panel interconnect. I could just wire to the terminal blocks and be done with it, I may never need to unplug the panel, but if I don't have the pluggable interconnect, I will surely need it one day.

Have a great day and stay dry. Me, I'm going outside if it rains here, well, maybe not if there's lightning. Nope

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-20-2020

Hello Blue
Passing storms yesterday gave us some much needed rain. Some power outages but the violent stuff missed us.
We are staying home except for the necessaries. My neighbor said gas was $1.93 at Cosco. I don't know how much at regular stations. 
I'll know tomorrow when we go grocery shopping.
No train news. Sunsets are beautiful and free.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-20-2020

Wifey up to something.  Cooked breakfast two mornings in a row.  Slept till 9.  Woke up to the smell of country ham frying.  Country ham biscuits, grits with ham gravy and sliced tomatoes.  OJ and coffee.  

Super hot and humid.  100 already and heat index 107.  Slight chance of a shower.  Maybe 50% for next few days starting tomorrow.

Staying in.  Watered for two days.  Enough of that.

Stay healthy and cool.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 07-20-2020

hi all . Monday again not really much new here still trying to get garage organized finding a lot of stuff to pitch and a lot to good will , found two boxes of bullets( not single boxes either) for reloading that I no longer have the weapon for . 
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-20-2020

Just checked weather station outside [wireless] which is mostly in the sun.  108

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 07-20-2020

Good afternoon folks

It is 90 on its way to 94. Hot out there is all I can say.

I almost finished packing the locos but I encountered a problem with the FTA and FTB. They are permanently joined by a draw bar they are too big for any container I have. Need to look for something.

Yesterday we discovered water leaking from under the window sill in our bedroom. This window has a window air conditioning unit. This has been happening on and off for a time. While cleaning the stain I put my finger through the wall because wall board was so soft. Pulled the a/c out and found water leaking from the center of the unit into the window frame which was full of water. Also found some caulking missing. I think this is how the water is getting under the window. We just had the outside repointed. I switched out the a/c with a portable one we have in another room to see if the unit is a problem. Since this is the second unit that we have had a problem with water in the a/c in that window I think there may be a problem with the window. The other unit collected so much water it would spit it out the vents and give you a shower. The portable unit is actually too small for the room so I ordered a bigger one and hoping it gets here soon.

I need to run to Petsmart to pick up diabetic food for the dog.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-21-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 68 headed for less cloudy and 82 this afternoon.

Quiet day yesterday. All I did was read and watch movies with frequent interruptions for food. Not much planned for today. Trying to decide whether to go to the gym or wait until tomorrow.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-21-2020

Good morning all, cloudy all day yesterday. What do you call it when you can count the drops of rain on the walk? Doesn't even qualify as a "trace of rain". I could see rain off in the distance, just that it was hot enough that it evaporated before it hit the ground, they call that, "virga", just that yesterday, a dozen or so drops slipped through. The good thing, it kept the temps down, how much, I don't know, I turned the news off early and watched some old 60's B&W reruns. That was our 101st day without rain, that much I did see.....

Didn't get anything done on my control panel yesterday, possibly some today, no rush, probably doing things the hard way, but that's the way I want to go, so it doesn't matter that it will take longer. I guess we all realize that to be true and have all spent more time on a project because that's the way you wanted to do it regardless of how long it takes. Dis spend some time sorting out my wife's genealogy.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-21-2020

Morning.  93 and humid.   Guessed hat index 109 today.  I finished watering a few spots yesterday to a sudden from now here shower of 1/4.  Maybe more today. 

Tompm, hope your get the A/C things worked out.  Good luck.

Got Dr.'s apt this afternoon to get a super relief shot.  Seems back is causing me to have hip pain and limp.  Big injection scheduled for Aug 5.

Hope all stay cool and healthy.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 07-21-2020

Good afternoon folks

It is 92 at the moment. High is supposed to be 93.

Ran out and finally got my photo for my driver license. The photo centers are finally open again. I found one at the AAA store. The state run centers are crazy with long lines. There was only one other person in line. I renewed my license back in March just as all the fun began.

The new portable air conditioner arrived. I installed it and we will see if the room is cool later.

No trains yesterday. Maybe today.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 07-22-2020

Good morning folks

It is 77 at 8 AM.Heading up to 92 with the threat of thunderstorms this afternoon.

Up and around earlier than normal today. Had to take my son for a refresher driving lesson and test. I am not sure the new portable air conditioner is going to work out. We'll give a few days and see. Given the issues with the last two window units I am nervous about putting one back in.

Did some more clearing off of the layout. Got two boxes of junk, old, and practice cars. I have one locomotive and some rolling stock to put away and then the major work can begin.