The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-07-2020

Good morning all, yup still morning here for a bit more. Sameo-sameo on the weather, hot, dry, no rain. Went by our closest station earlier this morning, it was $2.44, a few hours later it was at $2.39 and lots of cars. Saw a name brand station selling regular at $2.59 with just one car leaving.

Going target shooting tomorrow, really don't like to go on weekends, too many new and hazardous shooters then, but I'm going with family and they work weekdays.

Have a great weekend, stay cool, and stay dry.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-07-2020

Cat was up and walking around on the railing again. 3 layouts ago I made some panels with railway station names on them out of 4' high masonite. These have now been affixed to the abyss side of the railing. Now need something to decorate the back side. Method was drill some holes and use cable ties to attach them to the balustrades. Had to buy a packae of longer ones -- 7.5" didn't quite make it. I now have about 88 surplus.
Car in for 60,000 km servicing. Had nice sit in lawn chair under a tree while they did it.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-08-2020

Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 70 outside my window this morning with a guessed at high in the upper 80s to near 90 with high humidity. Same for tomorrow.

Got the car looked at yesterday. Turned out it was mud on the inside of the rims. Since we haven't had a significant rain since early June it took me a moment to figure out where it came from. I went to my grandson's house last month and he lives on a gravel road with lots of dust. When I washed the car afterwards I must have not flushed out the dust properly. After that I went to the grocery store to stock up on meats. Customers at the meat counter were lined up three deep so I gave up on that idea. After lunch I went for a short bike ride.

Today will find me on the bike early due to the heat and humidity. Also time for laundry. Gas prices up and down like a yo-yo. Down below $2 again.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-08-2020

Morning.  91 and sunny.  Yes, humid.  Bologna, egg and cheese sandwich [on hamburger bun].

Groomer coming at noon.  Dogs will be happy.

Paid $1.62 Thursday for regular.  Past Tuesday, $2.02 for high test.   In Rville, still $2.05 reg.  Thieves.

Resting back as I have been and it seems to be working.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 08-08-2020

Good morning folks

It is 77 and supposed to be a high of 82 and no rain in the forecast.

We are going to try to put the backyard back together. Had to move and secure things before the storm now time to put it back.

I weathered four of the wood reefers. I need to Dullcoat them. I started on the PRR Accurail wood reefers by doing the wheels and trucks. I also prepped three more reefers.

I hope to continue working on them.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-08-2020

Sun and 80's today.
We spent the afternoon at #2 son's house a grad/birthday party for #5 grandson.
Had my first real BLTs with maters from the garden. Oh so different than store bought.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-09-2020

Good morning all and here we are into a new week. Still lots of 110+ in the forecast. Rain?, not really, maybe by the middle of next week says some, AccuWeather still has their 1 and 2% predictions, and up to 25% this Wednesday, but I don't give that much credence.

I let Windows10 do an update last night, now my computer runs about as fast as if I had a 286 processor in it. Waiting Not at all acceptable. I'll wait and see, maybe it's still downloading stuff. The popup window says that there are feature changes and it will take a bit longer to update, but that was over nine hours ago. I wonder what those "feature changes" are????

Did go target shooting yesterday, two car loads of family including two granddaughters and one grandson-in-law. Didn't like the spot we picked, one spot was defended by a fox that had a den there, where we stopped had too much desert growth, so we were impeded by the Flora and fauna... Icon_rolleyes Icon_rolleyes Next time, back to our old spots. I just couldn't believe how many people were out there that early in the morning, weekend shooters, very scary. Eek Our youngest granddaughter (Duffy's daughter) has been constantly hitting golf balls using one of my revolvers. She's now saving up for one of her own. 2296_ Blaster

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-09-2020

Hello Blue
Sun and 90 today. For us Yankees that's hot.
Windows 10 updates suck big time. They have messed up my laptop several times. I think they have people with nothing to do so they come up with new ways to screw us up. Yes I hate their updates.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-09-2020

Morning.  Hot and humid as usual.  Chance of thunder boomers this afternoon.  Cable got fixed around 5:30 yesterday between thunder storms.  Was a simple amplifier in line in box outside.  The cable folks were telling their executives it was a whole node out.  Couldn't be as we had great fast internet.  Buddy supervisor finally got the word.  Had a guy right out in 2 hours.  Suppose to call his cell from now on and skip the BS.

Hope all are OK.

Not so busy week with only tax appeals hearings Tuesday.  Maybe get to the farms and work.  

Hope all have a great week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-09-2020

Greetings, gang.

It's a sunny 87 outside my window (not Win10) this afternoon. The high is only supposed to be about 3 degrees warmer. The day got off to a noisy soggy start with a couple of low grade thunderstorms moving through. Got a little less than 3/4 inch. Not enough to break the drought but it is definitely appreciated.

Went for a bike ride yesterday morning. After that I got the laundry caught up. Mid afternoon found me somewhat bored so I took a 3 mile walk. Soaked in sweat by the time I got home but it was good to get out of the house for a while. I did take along a bottle of water so as not to get too dehydrated.

This morning I watched the F1 race and then went for a bike ride. This afternoon will e spent indoors watching movies and reading.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 08-09-2020

This was hair day (among other things) SWMBO did mine and I did hers. She was content with how hers turned out and mine is alright. I thought it sould be shorter, but she wants some cover on top to keep my scalp from getting sunburned. I then did my beard with the clippers; I think I may have a piece in my eye.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-10-2020

Greetings, gang.

71 at the moment with a predicted high in the low 80s and a 60% chance of rain later on.

Not much going on today. My arm is still not fully recovered so no gym this morning, I do plan to go to the grocery store to stock up on meat. I have one pork chop left in the freezer and that's it. Otherwise maybe a bike ride.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-10-2020

Good morning all, I think we have a new record for days 110 or over. Yesterday made it 34, and I see about a dozen more in the forecast.

Gas prices here are all over the map and fluctuating. I see the local Costco gas station is open now and at $1.98, independents around $2.40 and name brands around 15 cents higher than that. The station closest to us changed prices three times in one day.

Have a great week everyone, stay cool and stay safe.... Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-10-2020

Morning.  Redhots and egg.  Followed by a leftover Krispy Kreme.

Hot and humid as usual.  93 right now.  Chance of thunderstorms this afternoon and throughout the whole week.

Being lazy today.  Tomorrow, early out tax appeals board hearings most of the day.

Mow grass as growing fast and furious.  

Enjoy your day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 08-10-2020

hi all . another Monday has rolled up , worked some in garage this week and you can see the floor again . had another ultrasound last week and they tell me the clot is still there (as if i needed a ultrasound to tell me that ) but it is smaller don't know how long this is going to draw out. stalled working on models again guess i need a kick in the but to get going again.
Jim