The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-14-2020

Greetings, gang.

Another humid morning underway in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 69 headed for 87 with a 70% chance of a quarter inch or less of rain this evening.

Very quiet day yesterday and today will be much the same. Still having problems with my shoulder so trying to avoid putting any stress on it. Went for a walk yesterday instead of a bike ride. Made no difference in the shoulder.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 08-14-2020

Good afternoon folks

it is 81 on the way to 83. The weather guessers said expect thunderstorms. Now they are saying maybe or maybe not.

So I got the airbrush working again the way I like it. I had to order airbrush thinner which came yesterday. I used to use isopropyl alcohol but right now it is rarer than hens' teeth. I practiced on some junk cars and a couple of fouled up weathering attempts. Took sometime to get the hang of it but I think it went well. I give it a try some more this weekend.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-15-2020

Greetings, gang.

Bright sunshine and 59 degrees this morning. More sunshine, 81 degrees, and much lower humidity are the prognostications for today.

Still taking it easy on my shoulder. Most of the time it's ok but every once in a while it will remind me that something is definitely not in the right place. Spent yesterday morning watching you tube videos about bicycling. Figured out how to build my own bike repair stand. A quick trip to Menards and $20 allowed me to complete the task. The lowest price commercially made stand is about $30.

Today I'll put the bike up on the rack and adjust the rear shifter which has been misbehaving in recent days.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-15-2020

Good morning all, it's Saturday and I slept in a bit longer, I'm entitled to do that now and then. Spent too many years getting up at 4:00 to go to work and it's hard to get your internal clock to reset after retirement.

Well, we tied the record yesterday, 117, and more of the same in the forecast. This year we not only broke to record for the number of days 110 or higher, but for the number of days at 115 or higher. At one point we thought about going to Tucson to retire, we decided to stay here, not a smart choice, Tucson is cooler and gets more rain than we do up here.

Well, have fun this weekend whatever you are going to do and stay safe doing it.... Icon_e_biggrin

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-15-2020

Hello Blue
At 117 degrees I think our house and car would melt.
We have 68 degrees going to 87.
No special plans for the weekend.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-15-2020

Morning.  Cloudy and chance of big rains.  ??  Agenda???

Yesterday was a zoo.  Truck suppose to arrive at 9 AM with produce boxes.  Arrived at 10:30.  Volunteers standing around waiting.  Then half boxes standard size.  Half over sized which makes hauling bad.  My truck was filled above the bed, back seat full to the headliner, front passenger floor stacked up past dash, passenger seat stacked to the headliner and stacked on the tool box.  I had to recruit Wifey and her CRV and filled it to the hilt with boxes.   Driving through one of the parks, got a nail in front and back driver's side tires.  Had to go get them plugged after all the deliveries as didn't go flat.  Was hot and humid and I didn't have the help delivering I had for a few weeks.  Was tired when I got home.   

Today, plumber going to FIL's.  Going to another town if rains is flooding down.  ???

Hope all are well and safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 08-15-2020

Good afternoon folks

Temperature is 79 heading to 81. No rain in the forecast for today.

Worked on weathering three of MDC/Roundhouse express reefers. I sprayed two more express reefers and two LNE Accurail outside truss boxcars with Dullcoat to seal the weathering. I opened a recently acquired Old & Weary Car Shop Branchline NYO&W wood reefer. The base is metal so I had to trim off a bunch of flash. I need to spray paint it black.

I have to run out to Rite Aid and Petsmart later today.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-16-2020

Cloudy and suppose to clear.  Went to another town 25 miles away.  Ate at Outback which restaurant eating is unusual for us.   Enjoyed the steak and family [SIL and her hubby].  Had flooded there and on the way there.  Coming back the same.  Big rains at SIL's and we only had .25 inches.  This is OK as we are wet a plenty.   

Off to FIL's to take down a wall.  This is getting too much.  Be glad when the sell the place.  Things change weekly. 

Hope all have a great week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-16-2020

Good morning, and it seems like we are breaking records every day here, high yesterday was a record 115, got a few more weeks of the same, so they say. A slight chance of rain today, but I'm not putting any money on that happening. I saw a cartoon yesterday talking about, not, "shelter in place", but, "swelter in place". They must have been talking about us in the Southwest. Icon_rolleyes 

Today's newspaper finally had the election results from the election two weeks ago. Still don't know why they wait until after the polling places close to count the mail-in ballots. Count them as they come in, won't bog the machines down for days on end and they get a running result, just hide it from everyone until election night. A simple solution. Awesome You know, I think they'd be world peace if they listened to those two drunks at the end of the bar. Same goes for homelessness, inflation, global warming and other problems that our elected officials can't solve, but a couple of ordinary folks drinking beer at the local pub can come up with simple solutions... Waiting Crazy how that works.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-17-2020

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 64 headed for a sowewhat breezy 81 with 20 mph winds.

Interesting day for me yesterday. Watched the somewhat boring F1 race. Then fiddled some more with my bike. After lunch I decided I wasn't in the mood to either walk or ride the bike so I sat on the porch to read. Didn't take long to figure that I was napping more than reading. Laid on the couch and the next thing I knew 2 hours had passed.

I wish I had a time lapse video of sunset last night - lots of pretty colors. Went to bed last night and had a hard time falling asleep after the nap. Woke up around 2 and couldn't go back to sleep. Came downstairs and read. Finally fell asleep around 4 and got up around 6:30.

This morning I'm off to Walmart soon. After that I may see about an appointment with he doctor. It's been two weeks with no change on the shoulder.

Don - I couldn't agree more with your idea about finding solutions. My wife and I spent many an hour watching the Backyard & Southern, consuming one (or more) adult beverage, and providing solutions to all (or at least most) of the worlds problems. One of my wife's favorite phrases was "When I get my own country..."

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - jim currie - 08-17-2020

hi all . one more Monday under the belt , don't know where time goes buy it goes ,  getting damn tired of having to sit on my but with leg up the most i can stand is about 45 min. on my feet before leg starts to swell up . you would think with all the modern advances in medicine they could come up with a treatment that wouldn't take so long to work . the one thing I'm grateful for is the that I'm not on warfarin and the VA picks up the tab for 500$ + a month medication. the only thing modeling i've been doing is making some more billboards.
Jim

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-17-2020

Morning.  88 and sunny.  Been in Zoom meeting on food security.  Now errands and Tractor Supply and Lowes.  Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-17-2020

Good morning all, big storm came our way yesterday evening, lots of wind blowing down trees and stuff, just waited for the rain than normally follows. Waited, and waited..... Looked at the rain gauge map, all the rain was just to the west of us and circled around just to the north of us. And so goes another day in Paradise.....

Kind of a not-so-busy week for me, just one appointment so far. More time to do something on my layout.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 08-17-2020

Good afternoon folks

It is 79 heading to 81. There is the possibility of nasty storms later.

I did some weeding in the front garden. Made some progress until the back said, "no more."

I got some weathering done on the reefers, but not as much as I wanted. I did get to run trains.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-18-2020

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 53 headed for sunny and 83 with lower humidity. The weather is supposed to be like this for the remainder of the week.

Walmart was a surprisingly easy trip yesterday. Found everything I wanted quite quickly and found a checkout lane that was empty. In and out in less than a half hour. Got home and called to make an appointment for my shoulder. Set up for Thursday PM. Took a 3 mile walk. A shower, a Corona (not the virus), and supper completed my day.

Woke up this morning and my shoulder pain is gone! Not sure what happened but I'll need to call the doctor's office this morning and cancel the appointment or try to get it changed to have a different issue looked at. Otherwise and bike ride and other outdoor activities will fill out the remainder of the day.

All stay safe.

Tom