The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-04-2020

Good morning all. I heard from a friend living near the beach in California upset because it's suppose to get up to 90 there today. It's hard to have empathy when it should be 112 here with 20% humidity. My son asked me the other day, "tell me again why we're still living in Arizona?" Complain as we will now, but winter is coming and we will remember then why we are still living in Arizona.

Gas prices are all over the map here. Some stations dropped a few cents down to $2.37, Costco and Sam's Club went up ten cents to $2.09 and 1/2 mile from Costco a brand-name station is at $2.59. Don't know what's going on up in Bullhead City, but they have the best prices at $1.75.

Have a great and cool weekend everyone, it's a long one for lots of folks with the Labor Day holiday.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - tompm - 09-04-2020

Good morning folks

It is 80 heading toward 84. No rain. Not sure abut the humidity. One guy says high another says low.

Finally got the bubbles out of the Letterboard decal. Now time to seal it with Dullcoat. Working on weathering the reefers. The last three of the Bev-Bel/MDC/Roundhouse PRR express reefers came in the mail. I believe I now have the entire set. More building to do.

I hope everybody has a good day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-04-2020

Home. Had cute little lady riding with me. Dream Center [Church volunteer organization for feeding and etc.] assistant director. We covered all the trailer parks and individual stops. I bought her a cheeseburger and fries from food trailer. Came to house to eat. Pam and her visited. Then picked tomatoes, hot peppers and grapes. She left with a bag full. Lives with her folks about 6 miles from me. Originally from San Diego.

So hot and humid Wifey is just sitting inside and not gardening. Now I'm doing the same. Need to mow again. undefined Maybe later as it gets cooler. Tomorrow and Sunday to be really cool. Wifey talking about fall decorating.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-05-2020

Greetings, gang

Hazy and 51 at the moment headed for sunny and 87. 96 for tomorrow and 69 for Monday.

I did not have a good day yesterday. Most of the day was routine. Decided to cook on the grill for supper which requires getting both bikes out of the garage before getting the grill out. After supper I went out to reverse the process and one of my bikes was gone. Fortunately is was the old one but still... Police report filed and I'll be hitting the pawn shops for a few days. Just lald they didn't take the newer (and much more expensive) bike.

Laundry and bike ride are the only things on the agenda for today

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-05-2020

Good morning all. Sorry about your bike Tom, I remember when we didn't lock our doors when we went out and people could leave their keys in the car and not worry about it not being there. Times have drastically changed, I got upset the other day because I left the front door unlocked for two days. I hope you get your bike back, you might keep an eye on craigslist, there's a good chance it could pop up there.

Got a call from the memory care facility, I get to visit my wife next week. Gotta take a Covid19 test today, quarantine myself for 48 hours, then get all dressed up in PPE gear and I still won't be able to get within 6' of her. Will she recognize me, don't know, but I'll try regardless. I don't blame them for being super cautious, they have a lot at stake.....

Temps still over 110 today, start to drop a bit each day until we get under 100, then back up again by next weekend. We are breaking records just about every day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-05-2020

Morning.  Cooler and lower humidity.  Nice day.  Think I may mount my new Pro Mariner charger in the Crappie Jon.  Got to drill new holds.  It bolts to the cabinet top [carpet covered aluminum].

I did get grass mowed yesterday late.  

Taking it easy for a change.

Tom, maybe someone borrowed it to get home and it will reappear in your yard.

Have a good holiday.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-06-2020

Good morning everyone, one more for the record books, and yet another one today. Was driving to Glendale and got up to 116 on my cars outside temp, today's front page story is titled, "the hottest summer on record".

Set an appointment for my Covid19 test yesterday, saw there were four cars in line ahead of me, some stopping at a small trailer, some just driving though after talking to this guy. I figured it was for check-in before you drove over to the white tent. Nope, I missed the small sign saying that the trailer was actually a small mobile coffee shop. I wasn't the only one that did that, go figure, this was a parking lot behind an empty building who would even think there was a coffee shop there along with those doing the testing.... Anyway, I got my test, didn't get any coffee though.... Nope

Have a great day, and stay safe. Me, I'm suppose to be quarantined for 48 hours, I just don't know when that starts..... Waiting

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-06-2020

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 85 at the moment headed for even sunnier and 96. Winds are at about 30 mph so no bike ride today. 69 for the high tomorrow and 51! on Tuesday.

Walked past the bike shop yesterday but it was closed. Also walked past the pawn shop but no luck there either. Probably never see the bike again. Watched a very entertaining Formula 1 race already this morning. Really nothing else on the agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-06-2020

Busy morning.  Breakfast with Wifey's friend and hubby outdoors at restaurant.  TV Church.  Left immediately for Harbor Freight.  I got discounted LED florescent shop lights and she got white outdoor lights [big kind].  Of course, we went by garden/nursery center.  She bought two plants and looked at a $100 fish for her pond.  Had to install lights atop big pergola out front [I call it the Arc De Triumph as its over walkway and its BIG].  Now inside.  Will do my lights tomorrow. 

Have a great and safe holiday.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 09-06-2020

The Village musical groups had an outdoor concert planned for Labour Day. (They don't have to call them rehearsals anymore.) But one group shifted to today and we've just had a note that tomorrow has been washed out. Anyway, we had an hour and a half of The Elderly Brothers.

We went up to Fergus today for a drive. On the way back I drove by a train shop (didn't stop in) and then found we were going by an historic church that had been written up in the paper this week. An octagonal Congrgationalist church. Interesting fact was that the Congregationalists didn't look for members; you had to apply to join. Also you had to behave or either be disciplined or leave. Eventually they had to join with the Methodists and Presbyterians and some others to make the United Church.

Don: For your wife, try to find some reading material from her youth. My wife read to her mother from school texts from a hundred years ago. This, of course, depends on how her mind is holding up.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-07-2020

Good morning and a good Labor Day to you all. Kinda scary, we're into the second week of September already and the Christmas holidays aren't that far off. I just wonder how they're going to handle Christmas shopping this year. Unless everyone has been vaccinated by Thanksgiving, there's going to be a lot of on-line shopping.

David, thanks for the suggestion, maybe when I can get close enough to her I could do it. You are right though, they tend to hang onto things of the past and couldn't tell you what they did five minutes ago. When I was taking her to adult day care twice a week, I gave the director a copy of the book my wife wrote and she would read it to her from time to time. That was a win-win for them both until they shut down because of the virus. The book is about her past. I was thinking that maybe someone in the facility that she's in could do the same. I'll find out when I go there this week. As for me, I'll be in full PPE garb and 6' away, so I doubt that she'll even know who I am.

Take care you all, and relax today, Labor Day means you don't do labor.... Nope

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-07-2020

Happy Labor Day, gang.

Cloudy and 55 headed for cloudy and 69 with a 90% chance of rain tonight and a 100% chance of rain tomorrow. Could get as much as an inch and a half of rain before it's all over on Wednesday.

Quiet day yesterday. I did go for a walk but it was too windy for a bike ride. Late afternoon the wind died down but by then it was too hot for a bike ride (93). Not much planned for today either. Steak on the grill and baked potato for supper.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-07-2020

Morning.  Cooler and less humidity.  Wifey in fall decorating mode.  Wants me to dig up two big azaleas that are 20 years old.  Wow. 

Prayers for CA. 

Enjoy your day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-07-2020

Some sun and 80 today. Tomorrow they say 70 for the high. Hard to adjust with flip flopping temps. We had passing storms overnight.
Burgers at our daughters house yesterday, tater salad and ribs at home today.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-08-2020

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, windy, and 51 outside my window this morning. I did have a brief shower pass through about 20 minutes ago but it looks like I'm not going to get anywhere near the inch and a half to two inches promised by the NWS. Definitely got the cool weather though.

Quiet day yesterday. 2 mile walk, chat with the neighbor and cleaned up some leaves (already!?!). Nothing on the agenda fir today except maybe a pot of chili for supper.

All stay safe.

Tom