The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 06-29-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 79 after an overnight low of 72. Predicted high for today is 97 with a heat index of 107. Gonna be a day to stay indoors.

Went for a bike ride yesterday and pushed myself a little too hard. Close to heat exhaustion by the time I got home. 82 degrees with 82% humidity. Not very smart. After I recovered I did get the yard mowed. No plans for today other than stay indoors. May start housecleaning. Lady friend may come for a visit next week.

Last night when I got home from weekly group I went to water the new grass seed and found some already starting to grow. Very impressed. Three days from planting to first growth. Lots more coming in this morning.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 06-29-2018

Hello Blue
Sun and 92 today. No rain expected, we got 2 inches of rain on Wednesday so we are good for now.
I had phone chats with a couple of train friends yesterday, all is well, the snow is gone..lol and we are just enjoying summer.
A road trip to some train stores and museums are in the planning stages. We haven't decided on a one day out and back or an over nighter.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-29-2018

Strange, clicked on the Hobo Campfire.  Usually goes to last post.  Went to page before this one.

Busy week over.  Babysitting Granddogs and cat tonight thru Tuesday AM.  Thought all day today but Daughter and SIL haven't even hooked up to camper.  Rolleyes   Will work a checkpoint with PD tonight late.  Staying at Daughter's most of the time.  Easier that way.  10 miles away from here.

Hope all OK.  Have a good weekend ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 06-29-2018

Chief: there's a bit of a hitch with the software. Packey may have a solution.

We were up there with the temps. We avoided our outdoor walks today.
I picked up my new glasses -- first revised prescription in 5 years so I should be able to read street signs again before i reach the street.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 06-29-2018

In the beginnings of our first heat wave/excessive heat warning here.
Weather guessers say upper 90's and feeling like 100's till Tuesday.. Ewwww

We're gonna have to send this weather South Smile Smile
Let you good folks enjoy it.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 06-30-2018

Morning.  Came home to shower and shave.  Need a break from granddogs.  All want to be rubbed and be lap dogs.  Still well behaved.  Worked DWI check point with PD until 2 AM.  Hot and humid here.  Stay cool.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 06-30-2018

Good morning everyone. Yeah Frank, we still have that hitch in our software, but we are working on it for sure. It is quite annoying I agree, but we're doing what we can.

Hot and dry, but a few degrees below the average. So dry that many cities are doing away with the fireworks on the Forth, especially those cities up north where the fire danger is very high right now. One thing that I never understood, but our legislature a few years back passed a bill that allowed people to sell and use certain fireworks. It's tinder dry here folks, why make things worse? We have sellers from out of state, setting up tents and selling fireworks. Some that are illegal to use, but they're OK to sell anyway. Some are set up in cities where there are ordinances against shooting off fireworks, but still, it's a state law that says they can sell them there. All this money spent on fireworks in these tents and even Walmart, except the taxes, leave the state and all the fire danger and the cost of fighting fires remain here. This is the same legislature that won't pass a bill to make it illegal to text while driving, one of only two states in the nation where that's still OK. Sad

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-01-2018

Morning.  Thought our dogs and cat were spoiled.  Granddogs and cat take the cake.  One is a Jack Russel.  She ran around on top of the bed for don't know how long.  Scolding doesn't help.  Finally fell asleep.  6:30 AM, she was back at it.  Gracious. 

95 and 62% humidity.  Going to be a scorcher. 

DAZ, still a great job on forum software and appearance. 

Hope to rest up today.

Have a great week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 07-01-2018

We got nice and sunny weather around 80° yesterday and it will last for the next week.
We have a large crow since some days sitting each morning from about 10am until 11:30am in front of my window and make a terrible noise. May be he has some trouble at home or is in urgent need of some other crow to share his home. I hope he will solve his problem soon :-)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-01-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and practically cold outside this morning. Right now it's only 71. After a stretch of highs in the 90s and lows in the mid 70s it's a pleasant change. High for today is only supposed to be in the low 80s but warming to the 90s by later in the week.

Very quiet day yesterday. Had some nasty storms just to the south and east of me but nothing major. Overnight we got an inch of rain.

No major plans for today. Need to do some house cleaning as lady friend is coming to visit for a few days..

Don and Duffy - I really appreciate all the hard work you are putting in to make this place work.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-01-2018

(07-01-2018, 08:53 AM)FiatFan Wrote: Need to do some house cleaning as lady friend is coming to visit for a few days..

Thumbsup 2285_ Cheers

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-02-2018

Good morning all. Temps here heading to the 115 mark starting around Friday. I did see a small chance of rain by Sunday, but then again, that usually changes on a hourly basis depending on the TV station that you're watching at the time. Anyway, we're still looking for some of that monsoon moisture since we've yet to see any and we're weeks into the season.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-02-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 77 with a high predicted to be in the mid 80s.

Quiet day yesterday. I did get the Afternoon Special out to "test" it after completing some track repairs. Tested it for about 3 hours, some beer, and a fire in the fire pit. All worked well.

So far today I've been to the grocery store and for a bike ride. This afternoon will be laundry.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-03-2018

Good morning all, we're inching up to the 115 mark. It's confusing at best, I thought that all weather forecasters got their data from the same place, but I guess each one does their own spin on what they get. One TV forecaster says it'll be 114 by Thursday and it could rain as early as Friday. My weather app says 112 tops, and no rain until Monday. I still think I could guess along with the best, but no one has made me any offers yet. Years ago, we had one TV weather guy bring out an umbrella with him if there was rain in the forecast. I was thinking a dart board with different temps, the days of the week and different weather situations, would be appropriate for today's weather casters. They could throw darts and come up with the forecast. Hmm, maybe the do that before they go on the air.... 35

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-03-2018

Hello Blue
Sun and 90 today.
For us Michigan folk over 90 is getting hot. We like outdoor activities. And A/C has spoiled all of us.
Nothing on my train menu.
S.J.