The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-19-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 71 this morning with a predicted high of about 80. Rain chances tonight and tomorrow.

Stocked up on meats yesterday, spent about $100 but got lots of meals. Did some small projects around the house but forgot about running the edger. Will try for that again today, depending on the rain. Couple of bills to pay and Thursday night group tonight.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-19-2018

Good morning all. Really, really sticky out yesterday, I think the humidity was well over 100%, well, for us here anything over 10% humidity is wringing wet. It didn't rain here either, at least in our neighborhood, but they still have a 10% chance in the forecast for a few more days.

Getting tired of all the political ads already and the phone calls from potential candidates. We have primaries coming up soon, I haven't a clue when. The general elections aren't until November, but yet they've been advertising on TV for a few months now telling us how great they are, and now that they know who else is running, they're telling us how bad their opposition is. They sure have amassed a lot of cash to be able to do this so early before the elections.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-19-2018

Hello Blue
sun and 80 today, still no rain, our yard will sell as straw pretty soon.
No special news just a few 3 rail things going on.
BUT I DO have a home made peach pie for dessert today....Smile
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-19-2018

Cooler and lower humidity today.  Mowed and then mounted bird house.  Dug hole in hard dry ground for post.  Meeting with major development group.  Large chain gro and other commercial.  Then townhouses and apartments.

Wifey and I went to seafood restaurant with hunting buddy and his wife [wife had veggies as she doesn't eat "swimmers"].

Have a good one

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-20-2018

Morning.  Rushing to meeting.

Tom, you OK.  

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-20-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 67 headed for partly cloudy and 79.

Frank - thanks for the concern. No problems where I live. Storms were south and east of here.

Quiet day in a string of quiet days. Not much going on around here. Daughter called and will be here soon. Going to breakfast with her and a mystery guest, probably one or more of the great-grandkids.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-20-2018

Good morning all, another sticky day. Lots of rain and flooding up north, not a drop around here. Temps back into the triple digits, some say it could hit 116 later on next week. Not much else happening, but lots of folks headed to vacations and just getting out of around here for a few days. We used to do that when we were a lot younger and had the kids around. Right now we just head to Walmart to cool off for a hour or so....

We've added a new sub-forum for some "how to get around this forum". If anyone has any ideas about adding to that, just let me, Mikey or one of the mods know.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-21-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 64 with a predicted high of about 80. Looks to be a beautiful day.

Daughter showed up yesterday with oldest great-granddaughter in tow. Visiting from Omaha. Definitely not who I was expecting. After they left I ran the edger around the sidewalks and reclaimed about 20 square feet of sidewalk that had been covered by the lawn trying to escape its designated area.

No major plans for today although I may use the power washer on the patio.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-21-2018

Good morning everyone, we woke up to thunder and lightning this morning. It did rain a bit, but the pavement is so hot still that it evaporated very quickly. Still, it's more than we expected, glad I didn't get the van washed yesterday like I thought about doing. Temps today in the low 100's, but most forecasts show 118 by Tuesday, a record for that day for sure....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-21-2018

Morning.  Slept until 9.  Goofing off.  Oldest Granddaughter's birthday party this afternoon.

Tom, glad all OK.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-22-2018

Good morning all. Well, we did have a nice shower around mid-morning yesterday, cooled things off but it did get into the 100's by the afternoon. No more rain in the forecast for this week anyway, but lots of heat.

Vacation time for lots of folks around here including our webmaster Duffy (Flatt Bear). He and his family are out on the coast for a week. Ahh, San Diego, where the high and low temps for the day are in the 80's regardless of the season. Hard to believe, but we're just a week or two away from school starting for the year. Walmart had their school supplies up a few weeks ago and it looked like a tornado hit the shelves. They were almost picked clean within a few hours. They have lists at the front of the store for what each kid needs to get for the school that they attend. I remember back when I was in school back east, they furnished everything including paper and pencils. Don't know what else they furnish around here, I don't remember buying much of anything when our kids were in school, but then again, my wife took that chore on.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-22-2018

Greetings, gang.

73 headed for 80, carbon copy of yesterday.

Managed to get about 12 miles on the bike yesterday. Three short trip, two of which were shopping trips. Also got the patio power washed. Then the neighbor walked over and we sat on the porch, had a beer, and solved all kinds of world problems.

Not much on tap for today. Watched the F1 race from Germany. Very entertaining. This afternoon I need to dig up a tree out of the neighbor's yard and replenish the sand between the pavers on the patio Also lots of goofing off this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 07-23-2018

Greetings, gang.

Light fog and 61 this morning with a predicted high of about 80 again. Rinse repeat for the remainder of the week.

Got the tree dug out of the neighbor's yard and got the new paver sand on the patio. Looks much better.

Today I'm headed to Menards for a few things and will probably stop by Walmart for a few groceries on the way home. Not sure what else I'll be doing today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-23-2018

G'day folks, nice day to start the workweek well, most of us anyway. For us retirees it's just a nice day to do something. Getting a bit warm out there, high today around 112, tomorrow can get up there, some say 115, others 116 up to 118. The low for this morning looks like 90, tomorrow's low, 94 and it seems like it won't get below 90 for the rest of the week. Our daily lows happen around 5AM, at midnight, it's still up around 100. The good part, they all have rain in the forecast for this weekend. Don't know now whether to get the van washed or not, maybe just the $3 quickie wash will do, brown muck just doesn't look good on maroon paint.

Have a great day.... Thumbsup Thumbsup

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-23-2018

Hello Blue
Cloudy and 74. Some rain around the state last week but we got Nada. Well about an hour of lite showers.
The control panel on our kitchen stove took a dump so we were out yesterday buyong a new one.
A birthday party on Saturday gave us enough weekend.
S.J.