The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-30-2018

Good afternoon, not much going on this way just about the same as yesterday. Still not enough rain to wash the mud spots off the van, but we're hoping that will change later today.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-31-2018

Morning.  Cloudy and possible T'storms [again].  Glad we were in bulk barn yesterday at farm.  Rain hard for several hours.  Got wiring done.  Wifey wants to install yard light near deck [removed when deck was built].  

Hope all have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 07-31-2018

Hello Blue
Sun and 80s today.
I sold our front lawn to a farmer as straw.
While there has been rain and storms all over Michigan, we've got Nada.
Saturday some of our club members got together and took a trip to Ohio to visit a train store, the Mad River & NKP RR museum(worth a visit by the way). We finished the trip at a popular train viewing site. A long day but a nice outing.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 07-31-2018

Good morning everyone, well, we finally got a big one. We wanted to go to bed a bit early last night, but there was this wind, then the lightning and thunder followed by a lot of rain kept us up longer than we wanted to. I guess it was all over the valley, huge trees down everywhere including our neighborhood. The TV newscasters are having a field day, choppers in the air and field correspondents here and there. Oh, it's just one pleasant morning. A bit sticky but cool, in the mid-80's. And since our van is always parked outside, it got all the mud spots washed off.

I feel for the folks in parts of the country hit by tornadoes and those in California fighting those fires. We have a few here, but nothing like they do with hundreds of homes leveled to the ground. Prayers for them all....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 07-31-2018

Never rained.  Several big T'storms came close but blew on by.  Sunny and HOT and HUMID.  Took two showers today.  Did get Wifey's yard light back at deck entrance.  Spliced electrical cables with waterproof splices.  She is happy.  Finish I was a drown rat.  

Truck had too much Freon.  Building too much head pressure.  So saved a compressor replacement cost.  All good now.  Fan clutch was replaced as working only 50%.  Surprised it had not run hot on those very hot days.  Really had not driven too much so maybe I missed those days.  Serviced so ready for hunting season.  Don't drive it over 5K in 6 months.  Had thought about a new one or newer model.  Spent less than one month's payment today.  Why.  Just to get a new body style.  Mine is stronger, pulls better and runs better than the new models. Just not as good a gas mileage. 

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-01-2018

And a very good morning to you all..... People all over the valley still cleaning up after that Monday night storm. There are political posters scattered all over the place. I'm not sure where these candidates all go to have them printed, but seeing as how just about every major intersection has a dozen or so on the corners, many in several colors, someone is doing quite well printing them. Many big trees were blown over, one TV station showed a really big and old one, they said was about 60' tall and would cost "$50,000 to $100,000 to clean up the mess". Boy, did we pick the wrong business to be in, although I have to question how they came to those numbers. A few thousand maybe, but up to six figures, I doubt it. Lots of firewood there since they showed them sawed in small chunks and stacked in a truck just ready to split and sell this winter. I would think they'd take the tree away at no charge, just for the firewood.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-01-2018

Greetings, gang.

Another pleasant day under way in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 57 head for a high in the low 80s. Upper 70s for tomorrow and then the upper 80s for the weekend. Only slight chances for rain this afternoon and tonight.

All the visitor have left and the house is again quiet. Lady friend here Thursday through Monday morning. Then sister-in-law and her husband showed up Monday afternoon with a Suburban full of stuff from father-in-law's house for my oldest daughter. Had a pleasant evening Monday. After supper we all sat on the patio and watched the train run until about 10 PM. Yesterday morning we went to breakfast then hit several cemeteries around here. SIL's husband has several relatives around here.

Today is a day of rest, recuperation, and laundry.

SJ - I haven't mowed the lawn here since July 3rd. No rain, no grass growing. I like your idea about selling it for straw.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-01-2018

Morning.  Hot, humid and chance of thunderstorms.  Dermatologist appointment.  Place on hand.  Probably one of those frozen off places.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 08-01-2018

Posted on Catt's Facebook page:

Good Morning Everyone My name is Karen I am Johnathan Wife.
He is in the Hosiptal for now. They are doing some test to fine out what is going on.
he has losted a lot of Weight. So I will try to keep you updated.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-01-2018

(08-01-2018, 07:08 PM)ngauger Wrote: Posted on Catt's Facebook page:

Good Morning Everyone My name is Karen I am Johnathan Wife.
He is in the Hosiptal for now. They are doing some test to fine out what is going on.
he has losted a lot of Weight. So I will try to keep you updated.

Oh, prayers for sure. I know he's been not feeling that well for a while, let's hope he gets the right people that can help. Let Karen know that are prayers are for them both.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-02-2018

Many prayers for Johnathan and his wife.

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cool for one more day before the heat returns. Right now it's 58 headed for a high about 20 degrees north of that. Tomorrow and Sunday it's supposed to be in the low 90s.

No major activities were performed yesterday. This morning I've been out and about to the grocery store. Later I'm planning to get the oil changed on my car. Also may go for a bike ride.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-02-2018

PRAYERS.   Icon_e_surprised 

Nothing new here.  Same old same old.  Hot, humid and chance of thunderstorms.

Meeting at town hall this afternoon.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-02-2018

Good morning, Frank, our forecast looks just like yours. Just that our highs are over 110. Must have had a few sprinkles last night since our windshield has a few mud dots on it. Rain in our forecast through next week according to the TV guessers, none according to my weather app. I just gotta find me a better app than the one that came with Win 10. Icon_cry

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-03-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cool at the moment but that will change as the day progresses. 63 right now headed for a high in the low 90s with high humidity.

Got the oil changed on my car yesterday and that's about it. Nothing much planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-03-2018

Hello Blue
Sun and 90 today.
My 8 year old laptop took a dump so I'm on a learning curve. Was not sure how to find you Blue but I did. 
This has been a bad week for me starting with a kidney stone on Sunday. Each day has had a drama.
S.J.