The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-10-2018

And a good Friday morning to ya all.... Big storm headed our way last night, not sure that we got a lot of it though, some rain and wind but not enough to leave even a puddle in our neighborhood. We'll see more of what happened when we go out for breakfast, but there are still lots of trees down from last week's storms.

Nothing new on Catt. I did contact Sumpter250's (Pete) daughter and she says that he is now in full-time memory care with difficulty recognizing his family. That is hard to avoid with his illness, we just have to wish them both the best and hope they get the care they need. We still don't know for sure why Catt is in the hospital, but Mikey is in touch and will let us know when he has more info.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-10-2018

Greetings, gang.

Another sunny and pleasant day in store. 64 headed for 85 with lots of sunshine.

Finally got the results back and all is good. What surprised me is that there was no test for cholesterol. When I talked to the nurse she said she would have one run and mail the results. Also got the yard mowed and took a short bike ride.

This morning I'm off to the grocery store. Then put weed killer on the yard and take a bike ride.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-10-2018

Morning.  Being lazy.  Babysitting as Wifey in GA.  Not much on agenda.  Got the Class A in yesterday.  Didn't have time to unbox it and set it up.  Heavy sucker.  Got issues.  Will do factory reset.  If that doesn't work, they will get me label and ship back.  Will fix and return.  Can't believe Tranz do not test run before selling.  Also, the dustiest engine I've ever seen.  Guess they bought without taking out of box.  

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-10-2018

Ngauger found this on Facebook and asked me to post it about Catt. A sad day indeed, he was one of the first members of the old Gauge and has followed us around as we moved from one name to the other. Our prayers are for him and his family.

Quote:This is on facebook:

Hello everyone, Karen here. Sorry to say John passed away yesterday at 1:42 pm.
He has been suffering so much lately. The Doctors couldn't find anything wrong. They did all kinds of tests on him.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 08-10-2018

I replied to the facebook post with:

Condolences from everyone at Big Blue Trains

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - bdw9535 - 08-10-2018

I'm very sorry to read this about Catt, my condolences to his family.

Bruce

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-11-2018

DAZ, help me out on CATT [John].  I was here when you all setup the Hobo Camp.  Getting old and memory slips.   Icon_e_surprised 

Hot and humid.  Class A is going back to Tranz.  Communication problems.  Goes in and out.  Sound drops when it goes out.  Tech called me with reset codes as no manual with engine.  Tried and did not fix.  They are to fix and return [unless they want to refund and dump it, wouldn't think they would].  I am totally surprised they advertised as C8 and never test run.  Also the engine was dusty.  Horrible dusty as if been on a shelf for a long time.  I have a feeling it was never taken out of box when they got it from guy in MI [his shipping label was on shipping box from Grand Central in NE.].  We'll see what happens.

Will mow later unless raining.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-11-2018

Frank,

Catt (John) was one of the earliest members of the old Gauge and one of the original moderators. He followed all those who came along when we jumped ship and started Big Blue, and remained an active member and a moderator. Mikey (ngauger) has opened a new sub-forum in our Fallen Flag forum for Catt, and he has already moved a lot of his work to there. You can find that forum at: https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=78

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-12-2018

Greetings, gang.

Hazy and 63 with a predicted high of about 88 today and tomorrow. Then rain on Tuesday (maybe) and cooler for the rest of the week.

Moderately productive the last coupe of days. Got the string trimmer fixed and used where necessary around the yard. Got rid of the used motor oil. Took some yard waste to the disposal site. Got the weed killer down. Nothing much planned for today.

Had to reset my smart phone. Installed an app for weather radar based on recommendation from a friend. Worked ok but every time I opened my phone I got an advertisement. Uninstalled the radar but the adds wouldn't go away. Reset the phone and all is well again.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-12-2018

Good morning all, we had a really big storm come in late Friday and through the early morning. We were woke up around 11 Friday, and again around 2 Saturday morning. The first TV report said there was almost 4" that fell in Tempe, and we had around .7" here in Surprise, but those numbers were way off. The same station later on reported, around 1.75" in the east part of the valley with some flooding, and we got closer to .4" here. That sounded more reasonable since I doubt that we've every had rain that heavy at any time, ever. Anyway, a bit cooler and sticky all day yesterday, but no rain.

Tom, I hesitate to download any app to my cell phone. I've tried to use it to get on the Internet a few times, but had problems reading anything once I did. I guess I'm still old school and simply want a way to talk to text if need be. I keep getting phone calls on mine from one of my doctor's offices and I keep telling them I didn't even have it set it up for them to be able to leave a message, so please don't use that number. After the fifth request, one gal said she took that number out of their system. We'll see. Yeah, they can now leave a message if they want, I did finally give in and set it up.Icon_rolleyes

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 08-12-2018

Hello Blue
Sun and 80s today.
We got an inch of rain about a week ago, none since. Oh Michigan has had lot's of rain but we didn't get any of it.
Nothing new in the train dept. since our Saturday adventure into Ohio last month.
Hope all are well.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-12-2018

Had big t'storm about dark.  Power dropped from about two hours.  1.75 inches of rain [most fell in 30 min.].  Cloudy and ,id 90's with 60% humidity.  More rain later this evening per guessers.

Actually VJ Day is August 14 [also 15] but celebrated Sept 2 as signing day. 

Have a great week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 08-13-2018

Good morning all, welcome to a new workweek for lots of folks. For us retirees, well, it's just another day in the week.

Got three emergency alerts on my cell phone last night, two were for dust storms, one was for flooding. My cell has a 480 area code which is on the east side, I live in the 623 area code, the west side. I guess all that weather commotion was all on the east side since we barely got a trace of wind and not a trace of rain.

Got a point to ponder. I saw a sign by a grocery store deli saying that, if they don't have rotisserie chickens available between 3PM and 7PM, that they're free. Think about that for a bit.... 35 35

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 08-13-2018

Greetings, gang.

Hazy and 66 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 80s. Cooler with a chance of rain tomorrow. Yesterday the sky was clear but today it looks like we have more smoky skies in store.

Fairly quiet day yesterday. Only thing I accomplished was a bike ride. Today I plan to go to the gym and may do a short bike ride in addition.

Don - I'm pretty much done installing apps (or software or applications as it used to be called). The only app not part of the original equipment is the software I use to control my drone.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 08-13-2018

Medicare Wellness Visit  Icon_rolleyes this AM.  Stopped by new Charter School and spoke to teachers in their orientation.  Stopped by Town Hall to clear desk and sign documents.  Visited new Cobalt Café [coffee and other meal items].  Unloaded concrete Wifey purchased in GA.  That is for Garden Club fall plant sell.  She went to see friend Gail and stopped there.  Gets the statutes for half price.

89 and 63% humidity.  Eek   Over 5" of rain in three days.