The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-06-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cool this morning.  Right now it's 56 headed for a high of 71.  Similar forecast for the next several days, so sayeth the NWS.

Quiet day yesterday.  Only activity was to take back some movies.  Watched "Book Club" and "Hidden Figures."  Both were very good.  Bill paying day today.

All stay safe.

Tom.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-06-2018

Good morning all. Kind of a cool morning on our way to breakfast. It was 80 around 6:00, and not expected to get too much over 100 today. It could get up to 107 in a few days, but even that sounds like we are in a cooling trend. After all, we're but a few weeks away from Autumn.

Still sorting though my structures. I see the date on some of the newspapers that I used to wrap them show that they've been boxed up since around June, 2015. That's when I broke down my layout to turn my train room back into a bedroom. The layout (minus structures) and backdrop are now somewhere deep in the local landfill. Its still a bit sad when I look at photos of what I once had, and got rid of because of our many moves, but it shall rise again....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-07-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and cool this morning. Right now it's 56 headed for a high of 69. Gradual warming trend starts tomorrow.

Another quiet day at the headquarters for the Backyard & Southern Railroad. I did get the bills paid so I can live in the house for another month. This morning I'm headed to Walmart for some groceries.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-07-2018

Morning.  Hot and humid.  Not as hot as last few days.  More errands to run.  Go by Town Hall.  Class A came back.  Runs good but smoke unit now not working.  I am sure the problem was the repairman.  Found pinched wire.  Their problem.  

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-07-2018

Good afternoon, a bit late but it's been a busy day going back and forth between the pharmacy and doctor's office to straighten out a screw-up in a medication. The same scene that played out two weeks ago about the same medication. His staff has to remember, regardless of what the doctor says, or what his intent is, it's what's written on the prescription that the pharmacist has to adhere to.

Going to try to get more structures unwrapped and see what's left to work with. Quite a bit of the plastic stuff got warped from being stored in hot storage lockers and in garages. Well, it gives me something to work on... So far, nothing is completely damaged so I should be able to repair them all.

High temps for us will be in the low 100's and pushing 110 in some places...

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 09-07-2018

Went to Southampton, Ont, to the museum. They have a new train exhibit
http://www.brucemuseum.ca/exhibits/riding-rails/
Six area stations, stacked 3 high, and linked. Very friendly guys. We got in free because they weren't operational, but they cleared the problems and ran a pair of trains. Dayle liked it enough that she went back upstairs and piad for tickets (Srs rate).

(Southampton is on the east side of Lake Huron, about level with Cadillac.)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-08-2018

Greetings, gang.

Yet another cool morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 51 right now headed for a high of about 70 with plenty of sunshine.

Quiet day yesterday. Grocery run in the morning and re-installing Firefox in the afternoon. Only plan for today is college football at 2:30. Very impatient for this. Last week's game was cancelled due to bad weather.

Last week the a/c was making a chirping noise. Called the furnace company. Repairman checked everything out and could find nothing. As he was leaving I turned the fan on and the noise started again. I called him back. After a few moments of listening hedidn't think it was coming from the blower. Turns out a nearby cold air return was attempting to swallow the drapes which have been there for 7-8 years. Why it started now is a mystery.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-08-2018

Up at 5:30.  6 AM was hauling plants, concrete, tables and popup to farmers' market up the street.  Three loads.  After leaving the women of the Garden Club, went to Firehouse Foods for breakfast.  Now need to mow.  Shipping Class A back for refund per their suggestion. 

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-08-2018

Good morning all, glad to see that you're up early and doing things Frank. Good for the heart, good for the soul. I've always been a early bird, by 6:00 I've had my coffee, scoured the Internet and we're ready to go out for breakfast. Then again, early up, early to bed so I've never watch any of the night shows and don't know what they say on the 10:00 news. I always look in dismay when the newscaster on the 5:00 news says something like, "Major food recall for something you probably have in your pantry, details at 10"..... Eek I guess we don't get to know what in our pantry we should throw out.... Nope 

Temps today around 107 for a high, about five degrees above average. No rain, so we may drop by the local car wash and see how long the line is.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-09-2018

Greetings, gang.

Abundant sunshine outside my window this morning. Not so much on the temperature. Right now it's 50 headed for a high in the low 70s. Warming trend starts tomorrow with highs in the 80s by midweek.

Busy day yesterday. Got some leaves cleaned up and hauled to the disposal site. Then got the yard mowed and the sidewalk cleaned up. Then it was time for college football. Good game spoiled in the last minute. Team shows great promise for the future.

Nothing really planned for today.

Frank - once you finish with all that mayor stuff you get to do things for your wife all the time.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-09-2018

Hello Blue
Well we don't have 100+ here in Mich..
We dropped from 92 to a gloomy high of 67 yesterday.
Rain coming for the overnight and not even 70 till Tuesday.
I spent my Saturday watching collage football with some channel surfing of course.
This will be another stay in day. No train news. No NFL for me so I'll find something else to watch.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-09-2018

Morning.  Cloudy and hope we get some rain.  Standing outside and blowing east to push Florence out to sea.  Eek  Hope it works.  Don't need that much rain and so the farms don't either.

Going to a church in neighboring town to grand opening of a new food pantry.  Lady heading up the new one ran the one at New Bethel Church in Rolesville. 

Last night, watched a little of Penn State destroy Pitt.  Not my thingy.

Hope to get to the farms Tuesday.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-10-2018

Good morning all, a nice way to start a new workweek for those of you that are working that is... For us retirees, it's just another day on the calendar. Not much going on this week, I've been going through my structures and some of them are damage in ways that will be hard to repair, but then, that's the challenge.

It's staying dark a little more each day, but the temps are still up there. It got up to 106 yesterday, and it's not going to cool down any before this weekend. No rain in the forecast either. If any of you are in the path of the hurricane, I wish you the best, just keep safe.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 09-10-2018

Good morning, we have a very nice September this year. Highs this week around 80 and low 55. That is pretty nice autumn. I am waiting for the postman to get some more tracks until Friday.
My wife will go to Gran Canaria for two weeks and demands to have her personell porter :-) I will do my best on the deck chair at the pool and occasionally in the restaurant. I hope to meet a nice couple from UK again.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-10-2018

Greetings, gang.

Another sunshine-filled day under way in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 53 after an overnight low of 49. High for toady is supposed to be in the upper 70s with the low 80s for the remainder of the week.

Very quiet day yesterday. Only thing accomplished was to take back a couple of movies that I had rented. Not much planned for today either.

Reinhard - my sympathies for all the hard work you will have to suffer through for the next two weeks.

Prayers for all those in the path of the approaching storm.

All stay safe.

Tom