The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-15-2018

Sun and 80s. It could be our last streak of 80s.
Pulled tomato plants out yesterday, kinda sad as it seems like we just planted them
Still got lots of cherry tomatoes though.
East coasters hope all stay safe and dry.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-16-2018

Good morning all, another hot day in store for us here. We got up to 109 a few days ago, and there's still a few more days of over 100 this week, but rain is in the forecast starting Wednesday.

No complaining about the weather after seeing what those folks back east are going through. And then there's the looters to add to their misery. Why are there always a few people that will take any advantage to steal from others? Despicable for sure....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-16-2018

Raining as usual.  Not that bad.  Tired of continuous hurricane reporting on all stations.  Ridiculous.  Same old same old over and over.

Folks south of us have had a tough time and now the flooding will start.  One good thing.  We have not had the super big rains forecasted.  So, no big floods here to send down stream. 

Went to Red Robin last night.  Lots of folks out and about.

Hope all have a good week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-16-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and warm in NW Iowa this morning. Right now it's 71 headed for a high of about 90. Unusually warm and humid for this time of year.

Grandson won both hockey games yesterday. 8-4 and 3-1. He scored a goal at the last second on the second game. Unusual since he plays defense. Championship game at noon. Then I kill time until 8:30 to pick up lady friend from the airport. Head home either tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday morning.

Frank - glad to hear all is ok. Would like to hear from RT and others in the path of the storm.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-17-2018

Morning. Saw something bright in the sky. Think they call it sun.

Durham got hammered this AM. Tornado warnings and flooding. Durham Co. schools under attack. Did not close like surrounding counties. Kids on busses navigating flooded street and tornado warnings with them in busses. Spokes person trying to justify.

Radar shows rain in VA now headed north. Something coming from coast to Wilmington that does not need rain. Still cut off by land.

Several small tornados touched down. Mainly roof damages. One in county below us had 4 chicken houses destroyed. Would not let cameras on farm. Sure chickens strewn everywhere.

Got .75 inches of rain over night. Breezy out. Wind from different direction from the last few days.

Seems the west of us has had lots of flooding and rains. 3 month old baby killed when top broke out of pine tree and fell through roof of mobile home west of Charlotte.

County Commissioners this afternoon.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-17-2018

Good morning, suppose to cool off today, only get up to 107. I guess that's cooler than the 109 that we've had the past few days. They're still talking about rain later this week and high temps in the 90's.... 2285_ 

Not much to talk about, I might have if I were a sports fan. Seems as if all our teams couldn't put it together this weekend and I guess I should be upset, but with so much other stuff going on, sports scores seems hardly worth discussing.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 09-18-2018

Hello Blue
The big storm turned back east and missed Michigan completely. For awhile the guesser's were expecting some rain.
Sun and 80s today.
We had a successful shopping trip yesterday. Walmart, Menards, White Castle and then right back where we started.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-18-2018

Morning.  Sunny and humid as drying out.  Got Dr.'s appointment this afternoon.  Groomer here to do dogs.  First time we are doing home grooming.  We'll see.  I hope it works.  Folks south of us in bad shape.  Wilmington cut off by land.  I 95 and I 40 still closed. 

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-18-2018

Good morning everyone, we've been pushing record temps for the past week but missing them by a degree or two. Things should change by tomorrow, down into the low 90's with a decent chance of rain. We've ended our "monsoon season" a few days ago, so I guess that any rain will go on the books as normal rain and not a monsoon torrent. I don't know how those on the coast are able to deal with the flooding there, I wish them all the best.

We're coming on to the time when the snowbirds start flocking back. We've spotted a few motor homes towing small SUV's,  that's the common mode of transportation of how most snowbirds get here, so the parade has started.

We had a shutdown of the Phoenix airport the other day. Someone had left a rental car at the curb in the passenger drop off area, and so out of caution, they stranded thousands of passengers, blocked the roads going into the airport and canceled hundreds of flights. As a result, the guy got a $52 parking ticket and a $75 towing fee yet he caused the airlines millions and held people up for some four hours. Seriously, that's all he gets for being stupid....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-19-2018

Greetings, gang.

Rain, thunder, and lightning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. 64 degrees right now headed for a predicted high in the low 80s.

Back home from Sioux Falls. Grandson's team took first place in the tournament. It was billed as the World Cup Youth Hockey Tournament. Had kids from 8 states and three provinces there. Lots of fun over the weekend. Then Sunday evening I picked up my lady friend from the airport. Spent Monday with her doing low key stuff like going for a walk and grocery shopping. Drove home yesterday in the rain. Slept almost 8 hours last night. Very unusual for me. Normally sleep 5-6 hours (and no, I don't take naps during the day).

If the rain lets up I'll be heading to the grocery store later this morning. Also have a couple of bills to pay. No other plans for today.

Continuing prayers for those struggling with the aftermath of the storm.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-19-2018

Where is Tom? !!!!!!!!

Sunny, slightly cooler and less humid.

Beginning big limb cleanup [only tree not too large].  Lots of little stuff.  Lots of leaves.  Will mulch most of it.

Still flooding west and south of us.  Farms got less rain and etc. than we did.  That is unusual.

Hope all have a good one.

PS: there he is.  Posted at same time.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-19-2018

Good morning all, got a few sprinkles when we were out for breakfast, but ever so slight. Just wondering if that constitutes the 50% chance of rain that the TV guessers say we'll have.... Temps are in the low 90's, about 12 degrees below yesterday's high.

Prayers are still needed for those folks back east dealing with floods and looting. What possessed people to stoop that low???? Icon_mad

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 09-20-2018

Greetings, gang. Cloudy and 66.

High is supposed to be about 87. 100% chance of rain tonight. Feeling under the weather this morning so I'm going to keep it short.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 09-20-2018

Good morning, we had a "flood advisory" for yesterday, but it never materialized. There was some rain however, harder in some areas than others as usual. We got some decent rain in our area early, then sprinkles on and off for a few hours past that. Temps were in the low 90's. Don't know about today, some say a small chance, others say none.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 09-20-2018

Trying to cleanup outside.  Came to post and news calling.  Family of 4 from R'ville killed in big accident on I 85 in NC near VA line.  No one knows who they are.  

Rest of day cleaning up outside.  Tomorrow, farms to get ready for gun deer season. 

Have a good one.