The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-05-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and damp this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 47 right now with a guesstimated high in the low 60s with a 30% chance of rain.

Not very successful yesterday. Got the laundry done but didn't get the bills paid or go to the gym. Will try those last two items again today.

All stay safe.

Tom.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-05-2018

Late getting home.  Florence donation event was great.  Even our first lady came.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-06-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 46 this morning with a predicted high in the low 50s. Our friends at the National Weather Service are predicted 3-6 inches of rain between now and next Wednesday. As late as last Tuesday they were predicting that amount for this past week. Grand total for this past week was just over an inch. We shall see if their radar upgrade helps to improve their forecasting skills.

Got the bills paid yesterday so I can live in the house for another month. Also got another piece of stair tread installed. Worked on the tunnel retaining wall for the B&S but with little success. Will try another approach today. This morning I'm headed to the grocery store for some staples. Tonight is college football during which my team will probably be beaten again. Gonna take a while with a new coach and another new scheme.

Frank - hobnobbing with politicians. Planning to run for governor?

Hope all is ok with Don.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-06-2018

Hello Blue
Rain overnight and today. Gonna be a wet football day in Michigan. 
I had an oil change for our Escape this week and was told the 5 year old tires with 17000 miles on them were dry rotting.
No quality built into anything now days.
No train news, our D3R club meets next Sat, though.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-06-2018

Morning.  Out early taking Wifey to get free azaleas for our park.  Now back and unloaded in back yard next to yard hydrant.  Makes for easy watering until transplanting.  Not much on agenda today. 

Tom, about time for a "visit" I think.   Icon_e_wink 

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-06-2018

Last week we were told that our motor home had been damaged instorage. The insurance assessor was out on Friday (while I was at the dentist). He thought it might be a write-off.

We're waiting for official word.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-07-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 43 with light rain. More rain tonight and tomorrow.

Quiet day yesterday. Groceries and worked on the tunnel retaining wall some more. Not a pretty fix but the wall's not gonna get knocked over but furry woodland creatures any more. No big plans for today. Up next is the F1 race taped last night.

Frank - lady friend will be here Thursday and Friday.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-07-2018

Morning.  Foggy [bad] and above average temps.  Cooler for opening day of deer season Sat.  May get some needed rain for us but not SE of us.  

Off to Edgecombe to put up Fred's box stand tomorrow.  

BR, vandalism? Good luck.

Tom.  Icon_e_biggrin

Have a great week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 10-07-2018

Good morning, just a quickie, am resting up after having more surgery last week. takes a while to recover and so I'm extremely tired and achy right now. Waiting on some test results, but I do feel the difference after the surgery, and that's a good thing. Let's hope this takes care of things.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 10-07-2018

I wish you a speedy recovery

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 10-07-2018

Chief: it looks more like careless driving to me.
It would be too much work to do that as vandalism.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 10-08-2018

Headed east to put up Fred's deer stand.

Prayers for DAZ.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-08-2018

Greetings, gang.

Rain and 53 degrees this morning. Since yesterday morning I've had about an inch and a quarter with another 3.5 predicted by Wed. morning. No rain for Wed. and Thur. but then rain again through the weekend.

Quiet day yesterday. Watched F1 race and some movies. This morning I need to make a small grocery run and talk with my financial advisor.

Prayers for Don and continuing prayers for Mrs. Don.

David - I'm sure whoever did that left his insurance info for you (probably not). Had a car bumper sideswiped while I was at the gym one time. Same result.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 10-09-2018

Greetings, gang.

52 and drizzle at the moment with a predicted high in the upper 50s with more rain. Got another inch and a quarter of rain since yesterday morning bringing my total since Sunday to 2.5 inches.

Quiet day around here yesterday. Nice enough that I sat on the porch last night until almost midnight reading. While I was out there I saw a police cruiser drive v-e-r-y slowly along the side street with his lights off. Turned in front of the house heading west. Several minutes later I saw him approaching from the north on the side street again. All this time not going over 5 mph and with no lights on.

This morning I'm headed to the gym and this afternoon I have an appointment with my financial advisor.

Continued prayers for a speedy recovery for Don and all others as needed including all those in the path of the latest storm. Frank and RT keep you life jackets handy.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 10-09-2018

Hello Blue
Time to check in.
We are getting 80s till Thursday. Then 50 for a high on Friday.
We got so much rain last week my Maxwell House Coffee rain gauge was full of water.
It's like a sponge out there.
No train news, a few health issues have slowed me down some. I'm not down yet though.
S.J.