The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-02-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 41 headed about 10 degrees north of that by this afternoon.  Very slight chance of rain for tonight but a 90% chance for tomorrow.  With the impending rain and cold I will be making a pot of chili and some corn bread tomorrow.

Yesterday I got all my chores done - yard waste disposal, oil changed, and storm windows on the porch - so today is going to be a major goof off day.  Apparently I either won a door prize at the train show or one of my great-grandkids gave me a cold.  Right now my nose feels about the size of Rhode Island.  Today is going to be a major goofing off day.  No plans to do anything other than watch movies and sit on my tail.

Frank - if by ----- you mean debonair, witty, intelligent, kind, and handsome, then yes I am.   Icon_lol   Also, it's more likely they will find me.  It seems eligible men are in short supply around here.

Don - thank you for the kind words.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - pennman - 11-02-2018

Evening all from a  very wet Carlisle Pa, it hasn't  stopped raining since I got back up here. So much for getting any railfanning in. Maybe when I get down to Elkton Md on Monday. Board of my butt now. .nothing to do but sit.
Going exploring tomorrow. You all have a good.evening

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-02-2018

Hello Blue
45 degrees today, 24 hours of rain finally stopped this morning.
Collage football tomorrow and then a quiet Sunday.
Next weekend will be busy with our club meet and a Sunday train show.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-03-2018

Greetings, gang.

Foggy and 40 with a predicted high of 49 with a 90% chance of rain.

Did more than I planned yesterday. Got some paperwork done concerning my wife's estate. Then I got the bridal wreath trimmed back before it took over the entire yard. I'm hoping it will dry out enough that I can burn it in the driveway. We have a week to burn leaves etc every fall. If I don't get it done I'll just chop it into smaller pieces and burn it in the fire pit.

Only plan for today is to start a pot of chili and then college football at 11.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - pennman - 11-03-2018

Evening Gentleman,  got bored and jumped down to Elkton Md. Today. Figured it would be a bit warmer and better weather, boy was I wrong! Anyway not to bad a day, will venture out and maybe get some pictures tomorrow.

Have a question for anyone who can answer was trying to post some pictures and it keeps telling me file to large to up  load??? How do I fix this??

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-03-2018

I'm guessing you're using the full resolution photos.. Try reducing the resolution. Here's a free software that works well. There are also tutorials on their site to help you along.

https://www.gimp.org/

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 11-04-2018

(11-03-2018, 07:19 PM)pennman Wrote: .....Have a question for anyone who can answer was trying to post some pictures and it keeps telling me file to large to up  load??? How do I fix this??
800 x 600 is the recommended size for posting here.Gimp is a fine program to do that.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-04-2018

Greetings, gang.

Another foggy, rainy day in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 40 headed for a high of 41. Rain is supposed to quit by midday but then rain again tomorrow and tomorrow night.

Not much accomplished yesterday. Only thing on the agenda for today is to pay the bills so I can stay in the house for another month.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-04-2018

Morning.  Was warm yesterday but chilly today.

Does and spike yesterday.

Tom, more like big buck in a herd of does.  Icon_rolleyes 

Have a great week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-04-2018

Good afternoon (barely), confusing about the time since DST ended sometime last night. We here in Arizona haven't followed that practice since one year after it was forced upon the nation some 50 years ago. We had one year where it was still light and hot well past 10 PM, so we opted out. Probably the very last sensible thing our legislature did since then.

Still resting a lot. Every time I try to do some simple task, I tire quickly, so rest is the best.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-05-2018

Hello Blue
We have had lot's of clouds and rain lately. Many days in the 40s.
I skipped a train show yesterday cause I figured it would be a bust, turns out from those that went I was right.
So I saved myself an hours worth of gasoline.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-05-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, drizzly and 43 outside my window with a predicted high of 47 with more rain this afternoon and evening.

Quiet day yesterday and to day promises to be more of the same. I did go to the gym this morning and I can sure tell I haven't been for a while. That will change now with the colder weather.

Don - I know how tiring that can be. One feels so completely helpless just doing simple chores. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-05-2018

Busy day.  Home for a rest.  Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-06-2018

Greetings, g, gang.

Another cloudy day underway outside my window. 38 right now headed for 43 and windy, with winds up to 30 mph. Snow in the forecast for Thursday night.

Got my first go vote for so-and-so at 6:30 this morning. ?

Only item on the agenda is a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-06-2018

Early voted.  So not waiting in line today.  Partly cloudy.  Fast moving line suppose to pass through this afternoon.  Later.