The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-15-2018

High 50's tomorrow and Sat.  60's next week and dry.  Applause

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 11-15-2018

Well, guess what? The WeatherGuessers were taken aback...  They said this morning at 7ish that we would get light snow "Maybe an inch" South & East of Philadelphia, Changing to rain around noon and finishing around 7:00 pm

What really happened:
Light snow changes to Sleet and Freezing rain around 11:00, came down wet and heavy until 5. Roads were a true mess!!!!  Finally changed to rain around 6 and as i write this at 8:45 pm, it Still Hasn't stopped raining!!!   Shoot

A few accidents and some trees down throughout the day.  almost 3" of snow.  We went from Baseball season right to hockey season.  We skipped right over Fall Football.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-16-2018

Good morning all. Yeah Mikey, we've had years where we turn off the A/C on day and the furnace on the next. Our APS electric bill goes down and our Southwest Gas bill goes up. Can't win with the utility companies, you pay the price regardless.

Just think, we're one week away from Madness Friday. I wonder what people do that have an item at Walmart that they want, and another at Best Buy and yet another at some other store a few miles away. Which one do they stand in line for first and do they make it to the second or third store in time to get the other items? I haven't a clue how that works, all I see are TV shots of hundreds of people waiting in (or on) line for hours for a store to open, some bring tents, some cots or chairs in order to save big bucks on one or two items in that particular store. I wonder, are these the same people that I see in the return lines the day after Christmas??? No, we lock our doors, pull down the shades, pull out some leftover turkey dinner and watch all this madness on the newscasts.... Waiting

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-16-2018

Greetings, gang.

33 and cloudy with an expected high of around 40.

Got the last of the leaves rounded up yesterday. Also got the plastic on the windows on the north and west sides of my office. Over the years I've developed a system so that it only takes about 15 minutes to cover 6 windows.

Today I need to take the leaves to the yard waste site and maybe get the car washed. Gonna skip the gym today. Shoulders are sore and need a rest. Gas in town is down to $2.37.9. Sure glad I filled up last week. Would hate to see the big oil companies miss out on all those profits.

Thoughts and prayers for those in CA and the in the east struggling with the early winter weather.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-16-2018

On the run again.  Got to go to Food Lion and get turkeys to donate to middle school and a church.  Seems the "turkey givers" messed up an shorted some.

Have a good one.,

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-16-2018

Don in our little family the women would make their shopping list and each would go to a store shopping for all. So that way they covered 3 stores at once. 
Hello Blue
Cloudy and 34 the streets are wet from a sloppy snow. No 10 inches of it here. Don't want it thank you anyway.
Turkeys were 37 cents a pound today, we have had them in the past and they have been good.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 11-16-2018

Don:
They usually split up and have family members or friends stand in the other stores lines.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 11-16-2018

Second weekend in a row with snow. Last week it came overnight and there were major driving problems 'til about 11:00 then it went. Today it came intermittently and warmed up enough that the roads were just wet to slushy.
We're getting Bulk Friday sales now -- no reason since Thanksgiving was in October (gives us first crack at the turkeys before the Yanks.)
I managed to spend the afternoon doing RR stuff while SWMBO had a crown installed. I worked on some switch mechanisms from FastTracks that I've had for a couple of years.
Local railway has gone back to CNR operating.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-17-2018

Good morning all, thanks for the input. I never gave it much thought, but it makes sense when you have family or friends split up like that to cover different stores. I'm just not sure I could take the physical stress to go out there this coming Friday. Normally, when we do our brief holiday shopping, we hit Walmart after breakfast, around 7:00 during the next few weeks. We may not be able to get a 70" TV for a hundred bucks or that toy of the year for $10, but we don't have to fight the crowds either and there's always plenty of stuff to choose from when we do go. We weigh our mental and physical health against the money we could save and feel we come out ahead by staying home... I'm glad that a lot of people enjoy the hunt, to them I say, "good luck, and have a great time"....

Just one point to ponder, if retailers count on the sales they get on Friday as when they turn a profit for the year, why don't they just cut prices early in the year and turn a profit a lot sooner? Just wondering....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-17-2018

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 24 with 25 mph winds. Not a pleasant day out there.

Got the winter toys out and the summer toys put in the shed yesterday. Also got the car washed.

Oldest daughter called last night. Her mother-in-law is near death. Taken off all medications except pain relievers. Been sleeping since Wed. This will be the 7th funeral in 3.5 years for my family. My son-in-law lived at the other end of our block. He hung out with our older son in high school, or so we thought. They've been together since '86.

This morning I have to go out and clean up a little snow. Maybe a half inch. NWS was predicting 1-3". Glad they were wrong this time.

I went Black Friday shopping with my wife exactly once. Got a 32" tv out of the deal so not too bad.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-17-2018

Just got a call from my daughter. Her mother-in-law just passed away. It's been a rough 3 years for us.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 11-17-2018

Sunny and 53.  Headed east.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 11-17-2018

Sorry to here that Tom. That has to be unnerving with so many losses in the family, condolences to you and your family.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 11-18-2018

Thank you, Don.

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 3 degrees outside my window this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 32. Warming trend for the remainder of the week.

Quiet day yesterday and today looks to be a movie day.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 11-18-2018

Hello Blue
Lite snow and 32 degrees. Pavement is wet but clear.
Tom sorry for your family loss. We have been through that as well. Friends, family, about 2 years ago 7 of them between New Years and April.1st.
Well yesterdays football games I got 2 out of 3. Buckeyes, Michigan, and a lose for Mich. State.
Today I can nap, the Detroit Lions play at 1pm,
S.J.