The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-13-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 23 headed for a high of about 35.

Yesterday I got all the old flooring cut up and ready for the trash can. Not much on the agenda for today other than maybe a trip to the gym although I'm rapidly losing interest in that idea.

Prayers for Mrs. RT and all others as needed.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-13-2018

NC weather. 45 and sunny. Warming fast. Snow almost gone. Streets turned to wet before bedtime. Some black ice this AM in set spots. 60's by weekend.

Hope all are OK.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 03-13-2018

The last subcontractor left the apartment an hour ago. My room is setup again as it should be and all my computer stuff is removed from the dinner table. Lots of small things are back in my room from the basement.
We are back to normal 2285_

.... except I got a hernia according to my internist/general practitioner. Will need to contact the hospital for surgery some time in the future. I think it is no big deal and should be done in one to three days.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 03-13-2018

hi all , sad to here the news ''Faraway' , I hope things work out OK for you ,
looking on the bright side its a dry day over here not sunny about 50 Fahrenheit , did the normal weekly food shop to-day .

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-14-2018

Greetings, gang.

Sunny, windy, and warm is the forecast for today. Right now it's 25 headed for a high of about 55 with 25 mph winds and low humidity, a perfect formula for a red flag warning, which has been posted for this afternoon.

Did not make it to the gym yesterday morning. I went out to get the newspaper in and my ambition never came back in with me. I did get the laundry caught up though. On tap for today is a trip to the car wash. Tried it last night after supper but there was quite a line. Will try again this morning after breakfast. This afternoon I'll be cleaning out the inside of the car. Much needed after a long winter.

Reinhard - hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-14-2018

Good morning all, it's suppose to be in the low 80's today, maybe some rain, maybe not. Same goes for the rest of the week, except that they all agree that it will be a lot cooler, like in the 60's for highs. I'm staying away from the car washes until next week though, I can't understand how they come up with their predictions, so I'll just count on rain and leave the van the way it is for now.

I had to settle for pegboard with the 1/4" holes in it, apparently, no one carries the 1/8" stuff anymore. The guy at Home Depot says that they don't make the small stuff anymore. Had to buy new hooks anyway since I gave the ones I had away when we moved into our retirement community. I can start hanging tools now and get the garage organized. I've even started unpacking some of my train stuff. Still not sure what I'm going to do, a small layout or just dioramas for a while, but I'm itching to start modeling again....

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - mr bachmann - 03-14-2018

nice day here for March , to-day I started cladding the bathroom , it is going easy - my first time - so try it on my own house !!! , I'm a painter & decorator by trade and have done a lot of ceramic tiling in the past - now its time to play with the plastic stuff Icon_lol
have a good one guy's.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-15-2018

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 25 right now with a predicted high in the mid 40s, about 10 degrees lower than yesterday's high of 55.

Got the car cleaned inside and out yesterday. Also got the materials ordered to put in the new kitchen floor. Should be here shortly after I return. Speaking of returning, I'm headed out to see lady friend later this morning. Should be back on Sunday. Participation may be spotty until then.

All stay safe.

Tom

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-15-2018

Hello Blue
Sun and 37 today.
We have been snow free for quite awhile now but it just won't warm up yet.
This has been a shopping week. Haircut, Target, T-Moble, grocery store, And Dollar store of course.
Not many of those left. The one's that everything is a dollar are disappearing.
S.J.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-15-2018

Good morning all. Chilly today, not suppose to get over 70 with a chance of rain.

Yeah, we have some "99 cent only" stores that raised their price to 99.99 cents a while back, rounding up to a dollar at checkout. Now I see they have things that are well over a dollar, up to five dollars. Seems like they need to change their signs to "A Dollar and UP" and be honest about it.... 35

Got pegboard up in the garage, got 1/4" hooks, now to hang the few tools that I have left, and some new ones I've yet to buy... Crazy

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-15-2018

Started out cold but warming fast. Going into the high 50's to 60.

UK and Faraway. Drop by and report.

Tom, good luck on trip and no weather problems.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - faraway - 03-15-2018

Well there is not much to report from my hernia. The bump is sometimes larger sometimes smaller and it vanishes after 15 minutes rest on my back. It gurgles if I play with it Wink I will watch it and ignore it until it really hurts. That is the point to make an appointment with the hospital.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-16-2018

Reinhard, good luck with that, I hope your surgery is an easy one and takes care of the problem.

Good morning all, well, it looked a lot like rain all day yesterday, but nothing came of it. We did get a bit over 70 and it was really windy. The next rain is forecast for Saturday and that's about it.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-16-2018

Morning. 57 and sunny. Walked 2 1/2 miles around the track with elementary school kids. Other elementary school is having it on another day. Saved to old man from walking even more. Haircut day. Errands and town hall visit on some business.

Faraway, got a tiny one myself. Never causes a problem. Actually didn't know I had it until Dr. pointed it out. Good luck with it.

Tom, is this the "weekend"? Wink

Have a good one.

Re: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-17-2018

Happy St. Partick's Day, gang.

Cloudy and 32 degrees this morning in NW Iowa. Had some nasty weather last night with sleet, rain, and snow. Today will be much nicer, cloudy but a high near 40 with light winds.

The nasty weather caused us to postpone our planned trip to Sioux Falls. Went to a movie instead. Saw Peter Rabbit. Very funny movie. Today we're headed to Sioux Falls for a parade this afternoon followed by a meal at a nice restaurant. Heading home tomorrow.

All stay safe.

Tom