The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-14-2019

Good morning, it rained some last night and is sprinkling on and off right now. The forecast for 100% chance of rain has been fulfilled. Going to spend some time on my layout, track and roadbed are due from TrainWorld later today.

Happy Valentines Day to all. Went to Walmart yesterday evening and the folks around the Valentine displays were jumping like a bunch of piranhas. I saw one person with a basket full of large Valentine bears. Lots of love there.... Oh, and I did spy one St. Patrick's Day display, marketing never quits.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-14-2019

Happy Valentines Day.  Got an air fryer.  Wifey getting laptop loaded and ready.  Pick it up this AM.

46 and sunny.  Suppose to hit mid 60's.

Wifey already out and digging in gardens.

I have lunch date with two women. [business of course].

Red Robin tonight per Wifey.

Enjoy the day.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-14-2019

Tom:
We apparently are getting our weather from Colorado again. It was above freezing this afternoon as we are between storms.
I finally located the board that I want to put a control panel on -- filed in a pile of books that I just looked at incidentally.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-15-2019

Greetings, gang.

Clear and cold are the weather words (among others) for today. -5 right now headed for +11. Several inches of snow predicted for the weekend.

Quiet day yesterday. Went to the gym in the morning and goofed off in the afternoon. Thursday night group was canceled due to weather (second week in a row) so one of the guys from here in town and I got together. As we were leaving some long-time friends came in. I went with them and got caught up on their families. Fun evening.

Nothing much planned for today. Trip to the gym this morning and maybe some laundry this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-15-2019

Sorry Tom and BR, 62 and sunny.  Probably 70 today.  Changing by tomorrow with rain for 7 days.  Guess all those snow storms are changing to rain and coming to us.

Not much on agenda today.  Too pretty to do train box so maybe some yard work. 

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-15-2019

Golly gee, seems like Frank has the same weather and temps as we do here in sunny Arizona. Rain in the forecast through next Friday, temps in the 50's, maybe low 60's. No chance of snow though.... Applause

Got my track and roadbed from TrainWorld. I got a call about shipping USPS (our P.O. Box) and they asked if they could use UPS instead, the difference, she said, would be significant. It was, $43 vs. $17, and so I thank someone there for taking the time to save me a bit of money. I now have more than enough flex track to do what I want to. The prices were good as well, so all-in-all, I'm happy with TrainWorld... 2285_

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-16-2019

Greetings, gang.

Clear at the moment but the clouds will return this afternoon bringing snow. -1 right now headed for +20. Our friends at the national Weather Service are predicting 4-8 inches of fluffy white goodness by tomorrow evening.

Another in a long string of very quiet days yesterday. I did get the laundry caught up. This morning I'm headed out for a basketball game for one of the great-grandkids at 8. When that's over I'm planning to stay at the gym and workout for a while. Nothing planned for this afternoon other than sit around and wait for the snow.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-16-2019

Hello Blue
My only news is lower Mi. weather.
Oh and a haircut.
A little break from winter has left us with some snow some grass.
We did have a nasty rain freeze day but 40s took care of that.
So for now I am still old but with ya.. Icon_e_smile
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-16-2019

Morning.  43 and raining.  Big change from the last few days.  Not much happening.  4 cups of coffee and 3 cinnamon buns later, at computer.

Maybe I can get in the Train Box and cleanup some things.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-16-2019

Good morning all, much chilly but no rain. One of my neighbors watering system is still flooding the street gutters, it should be obvious to whoever it is, especially when they get their water bill..... One underground leak we had cost me an extra $75 one month, and we had a dripping faucet that I wasn't aware of, that ran up the water bill by only $50 before I caught it. Water in the desert is scarce, even today they tout conservation, I guess that's why we like the rain as much as we do.

Been putting down foam on my new layout, got a ways to go before I start adding track since I'm constantly changing things as I go.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 02-16-2019

Don: can you get a small pump into the gutter and redirect the water where it wil be useful?

Went to see my sister in a play today 2 on the Aisle, 3 in the Van about backstage shennanigans. She played the older middle-aged actress.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-17-2019

(02-16-2019, 08:49 PM)BR60103 Wrote: Don: can you get a small pump into the gutter and redirect the water where it will be useful

Wish we could, but it's not deep enough, just lots of it. I guess I should go down the street and talk to them, but they should be well aware that they have a leak by now, besides, I haven't a clue who they are.

Suppose to rain tonight and tomorrow early, then skip a day or two before another storm moves in. Nothing like what I see in the news that's going on in other parts of the country. No ice or snow down our way. We hope all there are safe and they stay off the roads to keep them that way.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-17-2019

Greetings, gang.

Snow and 20 degrees right now. So far I have about 5-6 inches of snow on the ground with 2-3 more predicted before it's all over tonight. More snow predicted for Tuesday night to Wed.

Had an early basketball game for the great-grandson yesterday morning, Afterwards I went to breakfast with daughter and her husband. Also did some laundry. Today will see a couple runnings of the snow blower. Chili and cornbread for supper.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-17-2019

Spent a lot of yesterday afternoon in Train Box.  Did extra wiring, ran some engines not run for a couple of years.  Did some straightening up and etc.  Will probably do more as rain on the way.  41 degrees and cloudy.

Have a good week ahead.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 02-17-2019

(02-17-2019, 08:49 AM)Chief Eagles Wrote: Spent a lot of yesterday afternoon in Train Box.  Did extra wiring, ran some engines not run for a couple of years.  Did some straightening up and etc.  Will probably do more as rain on the way.  41 degrees and cloudy.

Have a good week ahead.

How about some pictures from you Lionel fellows and gals. We enjoy the big stuff as well. I have several sets of Lionel, one is the 2141ws from 1948 which is the same set that I got for Christmas in 1949, though not the original, and I also have an American Flyer set that is like new from the same year that was a gift from a friend. I also have an O gauge American Flyer Zephyr from the 30's. These bring back a lot of memories of my youth.
My youngest son has a very extensive collection of Lionel and some MTH. He is single and his home is his train room. 

Birthday party today for 2 great grand kids and one grand son that all share today.

Nasty weather moving in. 

Charlie