The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-17-2019

Lionel Legacy N&W Y6B.  New arrival for me. 

[Image: enhance]

pulling long coal train

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 02-17-2019

(02-17-2019, 12:40 PM)Chief Eagles Wrote: Lionel Legacy N&W Y6B.  New arrival for me. 

pulling long coal train

That's great. The boy just bought 2 PRR T1 s one needed repairs the other was brand new. Nice stuff.
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-18-2019

Greetings, gang.

Bright sunshine and low temperatures this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. +1 right now headed for the upper teens this afternoon. Got about 7-8 inches of snow yesterday. Another 4-6 inches of snow predicted for tomorrow night/Wed. morning.

Ran the snow blower multiple times yesterday and need to run it again this morning. Also on the agenda is a trip to the gym. Looks to be a very quiet week again.

Frank - nice looking layout

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-18-2019

Morning.  51 and sunny.  Yes the sun came out.  Suppose to be messy through next Sunday.  But only an inch of rain accumulated over that period.  

Already been out on a Mayor's thingy.  Long day.  probably 9 or later getting home tonight.  Why I'm not running again.

Tom, thanks.  No scenery.  Who has time to do that.  One reason not running for Mayor. 

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-18-2019

Good morning all, it rained during the night, and was raining around two miles from us when we went to breakfast, but not any closer. It's chilly, quite a bit of snow up north, Flagstaff got 14" overnight and snow as close as Cordes Junction, about 40 miles north of us. Sometimes it gets even closer, but none in our forecast for now. Still have another storm to contend with later this week. Getting close to Spring Training time, things need to clear up soon or Mother Nature will feel the wrath of the MLB, plus the new AAF and maybe even the NFL and NBA or even the AARP.... Icon_rolleyes Time to go buy me a can of alphabet soup I think.... Misngth

Yup, I agree, nice layout Frank, good to see that you have the space to do what you want.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-19-2019

Morning.  41 and mostly sunny.  Suppose to be that way all day.  Clouding up tonight and start cold rain through tomorrow.  They missed it yesterday.  Sunny most of the day and into the 60's.

Took Wifey's CRV to shop.  105K and 8 years old.  Never had plugs replaced nor A/C serviced.  They are to check it over.  See what they find.  Getting all done before the spring/summer.

Not much on agenda until Town Board tonight.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-19-2019

Greetings, gang.

-12 this morning headed for +20 and lots of snow. NWS is predicting anywhere from 5 to 11 inches by tomorrow. Another storm is predicted for the weekend.

Quiet day yesterday. Only thing on the agenda for today is a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-19-2019

(02-19-2019, 08:45 AM)FiatFan Wrote: Greetings, gang.

-12 this morning headed for +20 and lots of snow.  NWS is predicting anywhere from 5 to 11 inches by tomorrow.  Another storm is predicted for the weekend.

Quiet day yesterday.  Only thing on the agenda for today is a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

Here is snow.  North Dakota 1966.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-20-2019

Good morning all, chilly but dry today. We've now got 100% chance of rain for tomorrow and lots of new snow up in what we call the, "High Country". Two to four feet is in the forecast. Us, we're staying put, I can deal with the rain, but it's been a long time since I've been around snow. High temps for us will be in the 50's and 60's until next week when they'll start to return to normal.

Enough of the weather report from the Arizona Desert, since we're not going anywhere, I get time to work on my new layout. Still redoing the track plan as I get into putting down the foam. Need to be concerned about grades and placement of some of the structures that I saved from the old one. Plus, the way I had it, I could start at one section of track, but never get back to it without going in the opposite direction.  Icon_redface Gotta plan better to start with I guess....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-20-2019

Greetings, gang.

Another snowy morning under way in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. 26 right now with about 6 inches of snow on the ground with maybe 1-2 inches more scheduled for the remainder of today. Yet another storm predicted for the rapidly approaching weekend.

Uneventful day yesterday. Today I'll be running the snow blower and probably a trip to the gym.

We have had serious snow in Iowa in the past.

[Image: 1936%20blizzard.JPG]

[Image: also%201936.JPG]

When I looked out the kitchen window this morning I saw the young lady across the street having difficulty getting out of her driveway. By the time I went upstairs to get some jeans on two other neighbors were helping her. In addition a passerby stopped and got out of his car to help. By the time I opened the back door another passerby was getting out of his car to help, just as she got free of the drift. No big deal. That's just the midwest.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-20-2019

Just looked at the updated forecast.  Winds predicted to 25 mph this afternoon.  With the lightweight snow it's gonna make travel nasty.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 02-20-2019

Passing through.  Busy today and tonight.  39 and raining.  Burr.  Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 02-21-2019

Good morning, a dry one in spite of what they've been telling us on the news. Channel 15 is showing us where they have reporters staged all over the state in anticipation of the big storm, and was suppose to show up around 8 last night. Well, if it hit, it missed us because I see no signs of rain and as I said before, I'm not about to go up north to confirm that it did indeed drop a few feet of new snow. We'll hang in there, it still may show up. Do I sound cynical? Good, that's my intent, I have to stop listening to those people. Crazy

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 02-21-2019

Greetings, gang.

Clear and cold this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. +1 right now headed for the mid 20s. Nastiness arrives tomorrow evening. Some of the words used by our friends at the National Weather Service to describe the weekend events are - rain, sleet, freezing rain, snow and wind. Not gonna be pretty. It's supposed to start tomorrow night and last through Sunday.

Ran the snow blower a couple times yesterday and went to the gym. Nothing else happened around here. Today is another trip tot the gym and my Thursday evening group. Should be able to make it this time. It's been canceled for the last two weeks due to weather.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 02-21-2019

Hello Blue
The Detroit area has some sun but windy this morning. 35 degrees.
Snow melt is down to the grass height. I can see the blade tops.
Train show this weekend. One of those traveling ones. Last years was a bust, they are promising a better show this year. We shall see.
The first robins of spring were seen in our back yard yesterday. Signs of hope.
S.J.

Tom perfect timing on your part, all the car pushing was done when you arrived.