The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-12-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 33 this morning with a predicted high near 40. Our friends at the National Weather Service have scheduled rain for me starting this afternoon and lasting through Thursday afternoon. Near 50 for the high tomorrow.

Went to the gym yesterday and picked up a few things for the impending trip. Also got the laptop updated. Nothing planned for today other than a trip to the gym.

Frank - when it hits 50 around here at this time of year that's comparable to 70 for you. Also, that snake story - yeah, that's why I don't live in a warmer area. Terrified of snakes. Have been for as long as I can remember. Since movig here in 1980 I have seen exactly one snake. After the kids showed me the snake in the back yard (about 18" garter snake) I made them mow the yard for the next month.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-12-2019

Busy day today.  Off early to Edgecombe tomorrow AM.  65 tomorrow.  Warmer Thursday. 

Tom, bad stuff headed your way per our guesser.

Later

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-13-2019

Greetings, gang.

Foggy and drizzle this morning outside my window. 40 headed for the upper 40s with rain and possibly a thunderstorm later today.

Need to get my drivers license renewed today. Not much else planned. Need to change the oil on y car but with all the rain and melting snow it's too wet to lay on the driveway. Maybe by the weekend.

Frank - no worries here. Rain and then tomorrow afternoon some wind (30-40 mph). Younger daughter in Rapid City got a call yesterday afternoon saying to plan on spending the next couple of days at the hospital where she works. 20 inches of snow and 55 mph winds predicted. She was told they'll have cots set up for those who stay. The only thing she didn't like about it was that it sounded like she would be near the morgue.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-13-2019

Good morning everyone, great day yesterday, lots of rain. Had a real deluge for about an hour, then steady rain into the night. Right now it's wet, windy and cold with more rain in the forecast.

Gas going up all over town. I saw increases of as low as .04 (to $2.499) and as high as .18 ($2.639). Most are around $2.519. I really don't know why they maintain the illusion of a penny lower by going to the 9/10 thing. Back when gas was .25 a gallon, it was significant, but at today's prices, it's meaningless.

Staying in and working on my layout a bit, and yeah, I need to renew my drivers license too. Arizona has a permanent license until you reach 65, then you need to renew every five years. It's as if they don't trust older drivers with all that experience. Maybe they're right....

Have a great day......

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-13-2019

Hello Blue
I had to stop by and say we have a warm day of 51 with a soft breeze from the south.
For Michigan that's almost a spring day.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-13-2019

Home.  A lot done.  Woods drying up.  Disking fields.  Big change.  65 today.  70's tomorrow.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-14-2019

Good morning, and a very Happy Pi, (or, π), Day to you all. Yup, just another "day" with a purpose, 3-14, or 3.14159265359... Some people can recite Pi to hundreds of digits, me, I feel mathematical if I can get to four or five.

No rain yesterday, but really, really windy. Got a surprise, my gun came back from Ruger a day early. They shipped it back on Tuesday and it was scheduled for delivery today, but it showed up the next day, just regular FedEx ground. I guess it helps that they're up in Prescott. Good people, the gun is 12 years old, but they still sent me a free FedEx shipping label, no repair charges and they not only paid for the return costs, but sent a small gift, thanking my for being a customer. Now that's how you treat people and how you back up your products, uncommon in today's markets. Worship Worship Worship

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-14-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 37 headed for rain and 45 with lots of wind (40+ mph) later this afternoon. Got about an inch of rain yesterday. Combined with the warm temperatures we got rid of a lot of snow. Flood warnings in effect.

Got my drivers license renewed yesterday. Just got a paper one until the new one arrives in the mail. The clerk said to watch out because the envelop with the new one looks like junk mail.

Starting to stage stuff for the big trip next week. Kitchen table piled with stuff I want to remember to take. May go see the new Captain Marvel movie this afternoon. Beer and bereavement tonight.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-14-2019

Hit the 80's today.  Warm tomorrow with chance of rain.  Cardiologist visit this AM was great.  Errands all day with dinner with SisterIL and hubby.

Walk to school day tomorrow so out early to walk with kids. 

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-15-2019

Greetings, gang

Clear and 27 this morning headed for the mid to upper 30s. Will stay like this until Tuesday when it starts to warm up, possibly hitting the 60s by next weekend. O course, It warms up just as I'm leaving. Forecast for Lake Placid is highs in the 30s and low 40s while I'm there. At least most of the snow should be gone by the time I get back.

Preparations well under way for the trip. Got the GPS for the car updated yesterday. I looked into updating the map for the car but they want $150 for that. Maybe next year.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-15-2019

Good morning all. I too had to get my drivers license renewed. We have a MVD office about two miles from us, but I remember driving by some time ago and saw the line out into the parking lot. They've since remodeled and I'm guessing, the lines are still long, just kept inside. So we always opt to driving some 35 miles to Wickenburg. Yesterday, we didn't have time to fill out the forms before our number was called. We were out of there about 20 minutes after we arrived, that's why we go to Wickenburg to do these things.

A bit chilly and windy out right now, but temps heading to the mid to high 70's. Will hit the 80's starting this weekend.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-15-2019

Late good morning.  72 and cloudy.  Possible Tstorms.  Riding with new female sergeant this evening.

Walked with the kids at school this AM.  Then took Wifey to Sam's for big bags of potting soil.  Now to Lowes for free Pro Appreciation Day meal.  

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-16-2019

Greetings, gang.

Clear and cool again this morning. 26 right now headed for about 40. Same for tomorrow.

Another quiet day has passed around here. More preparations for the trip. Need to go to the bank and gas the car.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-16-2019

Good morning all, it's Saturday again, these weeks are just whizzing by, the older you are, the faster times seems to go by. Today should be clear, still windy, with temps in the 70's. Tomorrow starts a string of days in the 80's with the wind subsiding. That's great because we're planning on going target shooting on Monday. If it's windy, it blows are targets down. Windy is fun when we go trap shooting, the birds kind of fly around every other way than you expect and that makes it challenging. But when we are shooting pistols and rifles, we would like our targets to stay put.

Going to try to spend a bit of time today on my layout. Right now it looks really ugly, but I have visions of what it should look like after I add a few more layers to it.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-16-2019

Afternoon.  Got 4 1/2 hours sleep.  Worked with my PD officers until 5:30 this morning.  Stayed busy.  Worked Rolesville bypass from 11 PM on.  78 in a 55.  93 in a 55.  15 stops.  Usually drunks and drugs.  None last night.  Everyone home watching the ACC final with Duke and UNC.  Duke squeezed it off [we went by PD to see the last minute as my sergeant is a big Duke fan].  She was happy.

62 and sunny.  A little breeze.

Chores outside. 

Have a good one.