The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-22-2019

Morning.  57 and sunny.  Wow.  Beautiful day.  Haircut and buy a Stihl weedeater.  Got an old Ryobi one.  Probably 10+ years old.  

Not going to the spring York Train Meet.  Lionel and Atlas not going.  Some of my buddies not going.  Guys I was going to take are not interested anymore.  Don't need to buy anything.  Get good deals online.  Waste of funds to go and stay.  Just will miss meeting up with guys. 

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-22-2019

Good morning all, the start of yet another weekend. Our temps are heading up, again, there's talk of hitting 90 on Tuesday. Still, the earliest 90 was in February and the average date is, March 31, so we're not that far off.

Tried to clean some parts yesterday with my ultrasonic cleaner, it fizzed a bit then shut down. Tried it a few more times later and the same thing. I took it apart to see if there was anything obvious that I could fix, but when I saw the manufacturing date of July, 1977, I kind of figured it has worked long enough to be retired. Besides, I couldn't find anything that looked like it could be easily repaired, and so I opted for the old-fashion method, soap, water and a brush.... Awesome

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-22-2019

Greetings, gang.

Foggy, light drizzle, and 29 in Lake Placid this evening. It's been snowing off and on all day but it's been melting about as fast as it's falling. The NWS is still calling for an additional 3-5 inches of snow tonight with winds up to 30 mph.

Grandson won his first game yesterday 6-2. Today he lost in a very close, hard fought game in what was probably a preview of the championship game on Sunday. He has another game tomorrow morning. In the afternoon they rank all 4 teams and #1 plays #4 and 2 plays 3. Then on Sunday the winners play to determine #1 and #2 and the losers play to determine #3 and #4. Confused? So am I but it's been a lot of fun so far and we're all having a good time.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ngauger - 03-22-2019

(03-22-2019, 08:21 AM)Chief Eagles Wrote: Not going to the spring York Train Meet.  Lionel and Atlas not going.  Some of my buddies not going.  Guys I was going to take are not interested anymore.  Don't need to buy anything.  Get good deals online.  Waste of funds to go and stay.  Just will miss meeting up with guys. 

Have a good one.

Yeah, I understand.  I'm going just to see what bargains I can find.
This is the G scale not the TCA meet. That's in April.  Both shows are noticeably smaller in both vendors and shoppers.  The internet seems to have killed all the interest all around.

If I find anything noteworthy, I'll post it here.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-23-2019

Hello Blue
Sun and 40s today. That's about normal for  here.
No York for me either, I will miss seeing the guys I've met but like Da Chief says, I don't need anything.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-23-2019

No York for me either.... a bit far to travel for starters. Icon_e_surprised I missed the local show a few weekends ago, and that was for all scales. They did it right, they held it in the winter and it was at the fairgrounds rather than downtown Phoenix. I really regret not being able to go, maybe next year.

Temps still rising here, no rain in the forecast. Typical for this time of the year. Still, it's been snowing up north. Flagstaff got a couple of inches a few days ago, great for those skiing folks.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-23-2019

Back from Edgecombe.  Used small chainsaw bent over cutting saplings for 45 minutes.  Back started hurting big time.  Not as young as use to be.

Rest and TV.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-24-2019

Morning.  48 and sunny.  Warming fast.  Beautiful day.  Going to be lazy.  Back stiff from yesterday's work.  

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-24-2019

Good morning all, another nice day in store, clear with a bit of wind and into the high 70's. This is the last weekend for Spring Training baseball, then it's on to the regular season.

Frank, I feel your pain. Tried to do a bit of weeding the other day, my joints are still sore from that.... A good day to do little or nothing.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-26-2019

Greetings, gang.

It's a sunny 28 degrees on the western shore of Lake Huron this morning with a predicted high in the upper 30s.

Long drive yesterday from Lake Placid to to Michigan. Goofing off here with my sister-in-law and her husband for a couple of days before heading back to the remote reaches of northern Iowa.

Grandson's team finished 2nd in the tournament. Not too bad considering his team had never played together. The other three teams had all played together previously.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-26-2019

Good morning, they are saying that today could be the first of many 90 degree days of the year. Today is also the last day of Spring Training, the regular season starts on Thursday. That means that the Arizona Diamondbacks move from playing outside of Scottsdale to downtown Phoenix, about 15 miles. Probably the only team that has their Spring Training and their home season within a few miles of each other. Not that I really care, it's just a statistic of sorts.

Gas prices here have shot up like a rocket, jumping around 20 cents in two days. I've seen prices as low as $1.579 (Sam's Club) to as high as $1.799 (brand name stations). I guess it's the same all over the country. I wonder if they'll try to squeeze a few more pennies out of us because of that chemical fire in Texas, even though it wasn't gas tanks that burned.... A few stations (some Circle K's) ran out of gas. Their only excuse is they were hit by "a perfect storm", whatever that means. I just hope this "storm" doesn't spur long lines at other gas stations....

Tom, good to see that you're enjoying yourself. Applause

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 03-26-2019

Afternoon.  Busy morning.  Had to vacate early.  Wifey had old ladies class for breakfast.  She use to teach.  Now only 5th Sundays and subs.  They still like her ands want her to be leader.  Well above her in years.  

Had town meetings and etc.

Later.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 03-26-2019

Hello Blue
We had sun and 40s today.
Tom welcome to Michigan, 
No big news, just checking in.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 03-27-2019

Good morning all, nope, we didn't hit 90 yesterday, we came close, but no cigars. Don't know how hot it got, but somewhere in the high 80's for sure. Mid to high 80's in the forecast for the next week or so. Should be nice to go out in the desert to target shoot as planned for Monday again. Still making progress on my new layout. Got some track down and one ravine detailed so I can place a couple of bridges.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 03-27-2019

Greetings, gang.

Sunny and mild on the shores of Lake Huron this afternoon. 46 is about as warm as it's going to get. Rain showers predicted off and on for my trip home tomorrow and mid 50s when I get there.

Quiet couple of days here. SIL is playing the organ for a Lenten service. BIL is preaching at a service this evening. I'll pack up the car tonight and leave early tomorrow morning. Looking forward to being home again.

Thanks, SJ. I always enjoy my visits here.

All stay safe.

Tom