The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Printable Version

+- (https://bigbluetrains.com)
+-- Forum: The Depot (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Hobo's Camp (https://bigbluetrains.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! (/showthread.php?tid=8627)

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-13-2019

In the late '60s I paid $545 for tuition and $660 for residence (IIRC), but it inflated slightly. A job paid about $80 a week.

In the '50s my father paid $50 to 55 a month for rent (2 bedrooms in a small town). My first Lionel set was $57.

All figures in Cdn$.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-14-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 32 now headed for sunny and 50 this afternoon. Warming to 70 by Tuesday, according to our highly reliable friends at the National Weather Service.

Fun afternoon getting my grandson off to his first prom. After party lasted until 4:30 this morning and then they were supposed to come to town to go to Perkins for breakfast. I woke up about the time they would be getting there but couldn't drag myself out of bed to surprise them.

I haven't watched the Nebraska spring game yet. I taped it as I knew I would be busy with all the events leading up to prom. Grandson will be here Wed. and Thur. and we'll watch it then. Also screwed up taping the F1 race but it's on again tonight at 10 PM so I'll be able to watch it then.

Nothing much planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-14-2019

Good afternoon, a quiet day after lots of little projects got taken care of yesterday. Still more in the pile, but enough done for one weekend. Temps suppose to be back in the 80's,  and heading into the mid-90's by the end of the week. Also have a new rain forecast, Tuesday (10% up to 70%, so it's anybody's guess). They missed on the last rain forecast so I'm not going to cancel that special Big Blue parade and rodeo that we have scheduled for downtown.... Icon_rolleyes Nope

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-14-2019

Hello Blue
The all day ran is finally moving east. Todays high was 39. Better tomorrow. We even have a 70 coming up.
The guys are safely home from York and with only a reasonable amount of goodies.
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-15-2019

71 and sunny.  Big rains came through early before light.  No rain for a few they way.  About time.

Checks written to IRS and State.  Mostly Wifey and inheritance thingy.

County Commissioners and Mayors' assoc.  Busy from noon on.

Tomorrow starts tests new primary wants to do to "make sure".  

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-15-2019

Greetings, gang.

46 and sunny at the moment. Cloudy and 66 for later today.

Late start to the day today. Had to watch the F1 race that I taped last night. Not much on the agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-15-2019

Good morning all, going into the mid-80's today, now even the TV guessers have upped their forecast for tomorrow's rain. I'm starting to believe them now, think I'll bring the golf cart into the garage. Don't know what else to do with it, I've never played golf and I doubt that I could use it to play miniature golf and we don't live in a retirement community anymore, so we rarely use it. Still, it needs protection from the rain in case we ever do need it. I guess Craig's List is an option or maybe I can take up golf. Icon_rolleyes

Today is a day that I can work on my layout, so that's where I'm heading now....

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-16-2019

Chilly start but warming fast.  64 and sunny.  Got some sort of x-ray procedure at noon.  Dr. ordered.  I'll find out when I get there.  No food or drink per phone call.  Oh well.

Have a good one.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-16-2019

Good morning everyone, rain in the forecast for later today and tomorrow, temps in the high 70's to low 80's, then into the 90's. By early next week, we'll be pushing 100. Lot's of "guess when we hit ___",(pick a number over 100), contests. No more frying eggs on the sidewalks though, that stopped years ago, but just about every TV newscast will show you how hot it can get in an enclosed car.

Gas prices have broken the $3.00 mark and going up. We're also getting shortages, I just heard a string of reasons why, the fact is, we have them here and nowhere else, that's the penalty for living in the middle of a desert.

Good luck with your tests Frank. Routine I hope.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Charlie B - 04-16-2019

Good luck on the tests Frank. sometimes the "not knowing" makes the anxiety worse. I have to go next Thursday for another biopsy on my prostate. This time I get to be anesthetized so I won't have to grit my teeth. Getting old is really only better than the alternative. 
Charlie

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - BR60103 - 04-16-2019

Don:
our gas prices were supposed to go up or possibly down last weekend due to a shortage or glut becuse of the change from winter to summer gas which they apparently did not plan for properly.
There is a new environmental tax of 4.4 c per litre. Barely noticeable as the price was down to 90c and is up to between $1.20 and 1.30. (For the Yanks: a litre is a generous quart.)

I bought a pair of gas pumps from the hobby shop that's closing. Realized when I started on them that there's a length of wire for the hose and I probably have to drill holes in the pump and the handle.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - FiatFan - 04-17-2019

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 54 this morning with an 80% chance of rain for today.

Slacked off yesterday. Grandson is coming later this afternoon and will be spending tonight and tomorrow night with me. He goes home Saturday to South Dakota.

Really sad about Notre Dame. My daughter called practically in tears. She had been there and was really upset.

Frank - hope all went well with your scan.

All stay safe.

Tom

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - ezdays - 04-17-2019

Good morning, did it rain here last night? Not sure, I saw a few sprinkles on the walk, but that didn't constitute rain. We heard rumbling, but I think that was some F35's doing some night flying, not thunder. Still a small chance of rain today, but starting tomorrow, temps are scheduled to go up as fast as gas prices are, and into the 90's. But, they still have snow on the ground up around Flagstaff, so folks can still go up there to ski... for a few more days anyway.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - sir james - 04-17-2019

Hello Blue
Cloudy going to 60 today. Off/on rain forecast all week.
Gas this morning was around $2.87 range.
Not much on my menu lately. Having some pain issues has slowed me down. 
S.J.

RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!! - Chief Eagles - 04-17-2019

87 and sunny.  Busy morning.  Garden work this afternoon.  Starving as not eaten today due to early start.

Test was scan of abdominal organs.  Hadn't had one in years.  Dr. checking out to make sure all OK.

Have a good one.