Northern Alberta Railway crane and idler
#16
wow that is looking good.
--Hillyard
Willamette City Belt Line: WCBL
Exchanging shipments via this:   Virtual Interchange 
Reply
#17
Thank you.
Today I started to re-assemble the pair, starting with the crane:
   

Using a diagram that I drew when I dissasembled the crane as well as my own model, I threaded the boom and hooks. Probabbly the most difficult part of the project.

   

A real spider's web of thread. I threaded the two hooks first, starting with the hook ends. The boom cabling was run from the winch out to the 4 pulleys.

   

When I was satisfied with the threading, I attached the trucks, couplers and the cab.
Reply
#18
Sweet work! Those pulleys are very nice - none of the cranes I've seen have running gear that nice. Once again I predict another very satisfied customer!
Check out my "Rainbows in the Gorge" website: http://morristhemoosetm.wixsite.com/rainbows
Reply
#19
Amazing Work as always.
Matt
Conrail's Blairsville Cutoff 
Reply
#20
Thanks guys,
I finished off the project yesterday:
   

I assembled the idler car adding the cabin and tool boxes to the flatcar. After I did that I realized that I hadn't finished the deck coloring. I fixed that after.

   

and here's the finished project on my photo diorama. I did a bit of detail painting on both cars and finisjed off the deck on the flatcar.
Reply
#21
Awesome job! Loooks great.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Reply
#22
Glen, nice work on both the crane & the boomcar for it!
It all looks so good that the 2 guys on the depressed flatcar next to it have been struck down by it's beauty.

Greg
Reply
#23
Glen,
this has been an awesome build.
thanks for sharing all the steps.
great job!
--Hillyard
Willamette City Belt Line: WCBL
Exchanging shipments via this:   Virtual Interchange 
Reply
#24
Thank you everyone. I delivered the pair to the new owner and he was very happy with the result.
I have another new project on the workbench, I'll post that shortly
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: