BC Hydro Railway /SRY Caboose
#1
A new project for another modeller:

   

It's a BC Hydro/ Southern railway of British Columbia caboose. There were 7 prototypes built and I know of at least two are still in existance as I have photograghed them:

   

However I'll be painting this model in the former BC Hydro Railway colors:

   

The kit is almost entirely 3-D printed resin with some metal harware and grab irons.

   

   

I started with assembling some parts before the painting

   

The underframe has complete detail . I also added the grabs to the caboose body and the end platforms. Then I sprayed primer on all parts:

   

I used Vallejo white primer on everything that was to be painted yellow, gray on everything else. The Railway added security screens on the windows and these are also 3d printed as seperate parts. 
My initial impression of the kit is very positive. all the grabs fit prefectly with all the holes either pre-drilled of engineered into the 3d print.
Reply
#2
Glen, yet another fine project you got going on. Do you happen to know how much that kit cost and do they offer other kits?
Matt
Conrail's Blairsville Cutoff 
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)