Interest In Tour Car or Car Exchange?
Lester Perry Wrote:why do you need an exchange yard? Unless you mean between standard and narrow gauge

Lester,
My modules are designed to fit with other modules, the old set had a narrow gauge ( partialy dual gauged ) loop at an upper level above the "main line" ( two straight lines from one end to the other ) tracks.
My new modules have a dual gauge loop, below the level of the "main Line".
The three On30 ( intended, and occupying 24" X 12' ) modules will be a simple switchback, to get lumber loads up to the "high-line transfer", to load a lumber schooner, anchored below. ( water depth, and rocky shore line/bottom, prevent pier side mooring, Schooners have to anchor in deeper water. )

So ! I do not have a "switching layout". :oops: Nope

A Standard Gauge, Narrow Gauge, interchange, and switching scenario is really needed, for:

1- SM&CH switching
2- SHS&D switching
3- A depiction of the interchange point where the two actually meet.
4- Another project :o really? Wink Smile yes. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

5- A start / finish point for any "Exchange cars", with a reason for their arrival, and departure.
( I haven't chosen a "geological" location for that facility, but am leaning towards a spot, in the low hills,
just North of the Bridgehampton Road Race Circuit, South Fork of Eastern Long Island, N.Y.
)
6- Finally, a neat way to connect with the NY&A themed layout that Rscott417 is posting about. Yeah we're operating
Steam, but It's modern era.
.......the Shipyard owner ( and therefore, the SM&CH owner ) is a steam 'enthusiast' / translate as
"freak" 357 357 357 because only a "Steam Freak" would commission the building of a 3' gauge outside frame,
2-6-6-2 !!! Eek Icon_twisted 357 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread