Weekly Photo Fun 1/3 - 1/9/14
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:
jwb Wrote:GEC, I don't know if it's the photo angle or what, but the Metroliners look better on your home layout than the club, another reason for keeping that thing and upgrading it! (And I know the Metroliners either won't negotiate the curves or barely will on the home layout; run them on the club, but you have something going on that home layout!)

Its definitely the lighting, and probably the lack of even a little bit of catenary at the club. The "Show" lights are a lot better for photography, but we tend to leave them off unless a show is in progress, as they burn a lot of electricity.

Interestingly, those cars seem to fit onto the 22" curves as long as they are hooked up "elephant" style. I might need to investigate the underbody and see if there is any way to open up the truck area and let them handle tighter curves.

I had a similar issue with the Walthers Comet II (Horizon) cars. The back corner of an equipment box tended to protrude ever so slightly into the range of the inner truck wheel. It would act like a brake whenever the train went through a curve, and so I just filed the back corner of that box just a little, and now there is no problem!
Did you do anything special to light those shots?

Messages In This Thread