Freelance 2014-2
faraway Wrote:Anyhow, the hatch and the door is normally all time open and I leave and enter the room frequently. A closed hatch is very inconvenient. I close it only if a train runs at the east side for less than a minute.
OK, that explains more -- but I hate to sound like a broken record here, but you've got a very prototypical situation, a track that's in more or less marginal use. I'm not sure if I have it right, but you're saying that most runs to staging go over the west end of the layout (toward the windows, as I understand it). That's great, they could very well shove onto your industrial area in one direction, pull in the other, very prototypical.

But that's one more reason to treat that curved tail track heading toward the open door as dual-use, most of the time an industry, only now and then a through running track. There are two advantages, one, you get an extra spot, two, you have the "railfan" interest of seeing something different now and then. It's your layout, but I wonder if you're basically leaving play value on the counter here.

A way to safeguard it might be to have the electrical interlock remove power from that piece of curved track when the bridge plate is up. Then it can only be an unpowered siding track.

Messages In This Thread