La Mirada, CA BNSF Switching Project
Trucklover Wrote:Id like to say thanks to everyone that made some suggestions on areas to model.

I think i have decided to go with this particular area around Franklin St & E. 66th Ave. in the city of Denver, Colorado. Thanks to Jim and Stein for suggesting this area Misngth

Glad you liked it - it looked fairly modelgenic.

Trucklover Wrote:We start here with this shot of the area. This is where the line comes off the mainline (actually the line comes off a little ways up further, but for mine it will just start right here and serve this industry first) Im not sure what mainline this is right here to the left, ill have to do a little research and find out, but the business that is on the corner and rail served is called Gypsum Products. They specialize in Wallboards (drywall...), Steel Framing, and Acoustical Ceilings. After the siding, the branchline curves around the GP yard and travels up and serves rather large building (not sure of the business name yet).

[Image: Picture1.png]

A google search for "E 61st Avenue" Denver yields a possible match for the second industry: Hamilton Linen and Uniform, 1480 E 61st Avenue. According to this (http://www.superpages.com/bp/Denver-CO/H...564869.htm) web page they have been in business since 1911, and produces "Aprons, Linen, Uniforms, Continuous Towels and Dust Mops".

Trucklover Wrote:Then it continues on to serve a Budweiser building/warehouse and also another building materials yard/business.

Seems to perhaps be Colorado Forest Industries, 1530 E 64th Avenue ?

Smile,
Stein

Messages In This Thread