Multi posting
jwb Wrote:Wait a moment. I'm not sure why this should be controversial. The OP raised this, not me, and he raised it basically wondering if some people found it annoying. I believe the answer is yes, and not just me -- it's something people observe about forums in general.

No question I ignore those posts. No question there's nothing objectively "wrong" about it. I was giving an opinion in response to a question the OP raised. I think it's a valid opinion. I think that, in general, some people have concerns about the overall level of maturity on many forums, not just model railroads, but many other areas. Anything that can be done to promote traits like judgment and restraint on any forum, it seems to me, is worthwhile.

Where do you see the problem here?

Problem? It appears that you've given your opinion, and others have given theirs. I hope that you' don't feel challenged by that. My bottom line is, I don't care who posts what and where or on how many forums, I only care about what they post here on Big Blue. I also care about the people that post here, they are like our family away from home. That is not only my opinion, it's gospel.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread