Branch line/ISL
Engfanuk Wrote:
Rscott417 Wrote:If you're going to have car spots on the middle track (C and D) try using a three way switch, it'll help with the clearance also.
sorry to drop in the question but may I ask about the clearance issue? I'm not quite clear what the problem was and how to avoid it. As I'm doing my own planning and follow this thread for inspiration I thought I might learn something by asking:-) hope you and OP don't mind!

Thanks,

Steve.

If all the spots at the brewery were occupied by cars and a train arrived with cars to be switched in and out, there was a potential of not being able to temporary leave cars while switching. In the second brewery example above, there's 5 empty spots for cars to be stored while switching. This will probably be plenty, but the 3 way switch is pretty cool Big Grin The 3 way switch will allow for 2 more spots for off spot or temp holding. There's better terminology for what I just said, but I don't know it. I'm going to use the exisitng switches I have and run a few scenarios to see what, if any, problems I encounter.
Thanks
NSHO

Messages In This Thread