Your Railroad Book Library
A few new books myself-

Amtrak Power In Color Volume III-

As a Juice Jack, I feel obligated to own this particular volume, as it covers Amtrak's electric locomotive fleet, as well as a few of its unusual trainsets, RDCs, and other self-propelled units. As always, there are comical and self contradicting captions that make me wonder if the authors or editors really check their work, but the pictures are always good, so no complaints there!

New York Electrified Railroads In Color Volume I: Lines into Grand Central Terminal-

This one was a little late coming for me, as I picked up Volume II first as it covered Penn Station and the lines going to it (including those in New Jersey). As the title suggests, this really follows the New York Central and the New Haven's electrification. Talk about interesting! They do give some detailed diagrams of the New Haven's triangular catenary, as well as go into in-depth discussion about the NYC third rail, and New Haven's catenary system.

Penn Central Eastern Region ETTs #6 and #7

I picked these two up for a dollar, I figured why not? Spiritually similar to the Amtrak NEC timetables.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread