Retirement ....Good , Bad , So-so ??
GOOD...........
I was 22 years USN, transferred to Fleet reserve Feb '83, went to work for Datagraphix was there, until home computers, burnable CD's, and CD burners, killed the microfiche industry, spent three years working at a hobby shop, until the owner drove it into bankruptcy. With no jobs available, I started collecting my SSC . I was officially transferred to the Navy retired list 1 Nov. 1990.
In 19 days I will have successfully completed 72 circumnavigations of the sun, and commence my 73rd. I will be at the Expo building at the Milwaukee county fairgrounds, at "Trainfest", Nov 14,15. One of my annual " the public can see what I've built " events.
I live in a condo, my unit is one out of four, in this building, that has a basement, ground floor and second floor, and attached garage. Hey, had to have a place for the trains. there is a mirror image unit to mine, a "multi level" unit across the front of the building, and the last unit is above the four garages, at the back of the building.
With all that, a divorce, four daughters, seven Grandchildren ( with an eighth on the way ), being still independent,physically and socially, ........... yeah, GOOD

Cheers Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Cheers
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread