Poll: Do you prefer to build your structures yourself or buy them Built-Up?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I prefer to buy and assemble my structures myself
85.00%
17 85.00%
I would be willing to buy a structure that has been fully assembled, painted, and weathered and is ready to be placed on my layout
10.00%
2 10.00%
I would be willing to have a custom building built, painted, and weathered to suite my needs for my layout
5.00%
1 5.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Buildings and Structures; Built-Up VS. Kits?
Hi Guys,

Im wondering if you all can help me out. I recently sold most of my buildings off, they were all Walthers Cornerstone Buildings in HO scale. I mainly did this because im going into the prototype modeling, modeling real structures, currently my plans are for an area along the BNSF mainline in La Midara, CA.

Anyways, what do you guys prefer to do? Do you prefer to buy your buildings and structures as kits? Or would you rather pay a little extra and buy them fully assembled, painted, and weathered, all ready to be placed on your layouts?

I would like to hear what everyone thinks. I had an idea thrown my way, not just by one member, but by a couple in the past, that i should consider buying kits, assembling, painting, and weathering them and selling them. Custom building/kitbashing kits into a structure that would suite your needs would also be an option.

Im just curious if there would be a demand for such a thing. Right now, im out of work, and have been out of work for about a year now, and like many, im having a hard time getting a job ANYWERE, so something like this might be an easy way to pay the bills for a little while, at least until i can get a job.... Not to mention, i think i would enjoy building structures for re-sale, and it would definitely keep me busy.

Good idea? I wanna know what you guys have to say about this, and what you would prefer, kits or Built-Up's.....
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World

Messages In This Thread