CISX 500, a depressed centre flat car.
Mr Fixit Wrote:Carry on.

Carrying on.... Smile

While I was happy with the preformed deck, it wasn’t 100% and though it needed very little persuasion to fit the frame, I was still conscious that at the worst I could end up with a styrene pretzel or, and still not that good, the decks out of parallel. So with various clamps, a flat surface and weights, I slowly continued bonding the deck to the frame a little a bit at a time.

I then did the same with the bottom, and while not that clear in the photo added .010” strips to the top and bottom sides of the centre part of the well deck, added the brake line, and reasonably satisfied put the well deck to one side.

Cutting out the parts required from .060” styrene for the sides and ends and .040” for the deck, I assembled the auxiliary cars which you will see are completely unprototypical but I wanted to be able cram in as much weight as possible, which I did using the doctorwayne method. The car currently weighs one ounce more than the NMRA recommended standard.

modelsof1900 Wrote:I'm very interested the progress of your model! What do you plan to use as load?

Bernhard, building a load wasn’t a priority as I wanted to see if the car would run properly provided I could actually build it!
“Jumping the gun” as I now know it runs well, I’ve decided to build at least two and probably three loads though none will be up to the standard as seen here Wink ........
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8257">viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8257</a><!-- l -->
One has to be one of the Carnegie Illinois Steel ingot molds and I’m mulling over some other ideas.
Thanks for looking,
Cheers, the Bear. Smile
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."

Messages In This Thread