VGN 2-10-10-2 - my 2014 challenge
ERIE man, hallo!
Yes, the AE stands permanently on my worktable and you can see it on some pictures from time to time however only in connection with other projects. In present time is the biggest problem that I do not have a really use for this model and unfortunately the model with its extra wide front cylinders do not run on the modules of my friends which are the only chance to run the loco on different sessions.
And there are also to many other preferred projects which I lve to realize. However I should hold it in my mind that there will be a great project in future and maybe that I will start with that.
In this days I have started the digitalizing of a smaller Mallet, a 2-6-6-0 Denver & Salt Lake brass model where I friend realized also a rubber belt drive and the model runs excellently. The whole gear line is equipped with ball bearings and so he received this very smooth run. See the picture.
I have planned also a rubber belt drive with two motors but without ball bearings for my VGN 2-10-10-2 model and I'm sure that this will be a simple way with a good chance for success.

[Image: caandy-06k.jpg]

Thanks for remembering to a long waiting project, unfortunately too long!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.

Messages In This Thread