Freelance 2017-3
Got a new toy. This NS GP60 is my very first Fox Valley product. A commercial eBay seller had an offer I could not ignore. Got the DC version with the intention to install a Tsunami2. The engine comes with a Bowser mainboard and a 21 pin socket. I had a ESU sound decoder from the GP10 at hand and gave it a try. The OEM sound files are available at the ESU site.

It was a test only and I expected the humming sound but to my surprise form the ESU motor control and the Fox Valley motor a peaceful couple. The humming is not down to zero but I can accept that level and save one Tsunami2 for more urgent cases.

The engine runs very smooth and looks great. The handrails and MU cables are somewhat brittle. I broke two of them (my eyes, my fingers, my fault :-). The front coupler must be changed to a long version not to interfere with the snow plow. The LEDs are all buried deep in the basement and the light travels a long way until it gets it's to the lights.

ps. I scanned lots of NS GP60 photos to find enough evidence to use a GP60 with very short trains for locals.

[Image: 36718092764_3f75c2968a_c.jpg]
[Image: 37170707920_c364340837_c.jpg]
Reinhard

Messages In This Thread